Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Tbh, I would have been fine with her reaction if this was her first season.
It wasn’t her first season of her first Lanvin show. If she was booked and agreed to do the show was I suspect because he liked her and she liked working for the brand.

And Alber was known for working with strong walkers.

So, I felt for him (given that I worked BTS too). There’s so much pressure and things moving around Backstage that suddenly, a good walker who couldn’t walk becomes suddenly an added unpleasant surprise to deal with.

They switched the styling for her.

But yeah, I think overall the modeling industry is very difficult even more when you are dealing with personal issues.
yea she closed his show SS10 the year before, so strange

Laetitia Casta rebelling against Victoria's Secret.
"I thought I was lucky, that there were interesting people to work with. They would ask me which photographers they should work with and I suggested a woman. That was interesting, then they started asking me to be a piece of meat and I said, 'Bye-bye.' It became not about beauty, but about sex, it was soft p*rn. I didn't want to be just an object, so I went away.
They asked me to do interviews and I tried to say what I believed in and they kicked me out in a way. They said, 'You can't do that.' I remember being asked what my dream was for Christmas and I'm sorry, I didn't want Victoria's Secret underwear. So they kicked me out. I was too much of a rebel."

Pictured: Laetitia Casta walking for Paco Rabanne Haute Couture FW 1997:
fashion-photography-archive-image-work-image----batch15WM----fullSize----103999_103999-1_0073_...jpg
glamourmagazine.co.uk/my archives

Is she wrong though? There's so many young designers today trying to make sociopolitical allegories when people just want to wear pretty clothes.
Oh my God, you can't imagine how much I agree with that statement ! Especially students at Saint Martin's. I'm old school, I like classic couture. Sure I like good stories and conceptual fashion but I like even more good clothing. Sometimes what designers talk about sounds so far-fetched and dubious, even Miuccia Prada does that. To me, the only designer that weaved allegories into his collections and still made fantastic clothing was McQueen and the man was a tailor who did couture at Givenchy ! I like Phoebe's clothes, I just wish she was a bit more romantic and girly like she was at Chloé or more fun and less self-serious like she seemed to be when she said that, haha.

20:12 SUVI couldn't walk in that dress Dolce Fall 2007
I agree with some of the comments in that video, Vlada would have handled it beautifully

Jean-Louis Sherrer being the first couture designer to be sacked from their own-name label in 1992.
Pictured: Laetitia Scherrer, his daughter and muse, who walked almost every show and often served as the bride:

My archives

i hope in the future i can post here how crazy "fashion" people cried on youtube just because they did not get offered a birkin/kelly in store. I wonder when that bubble will burst, i see them everywhere now in the same "holy grail" color ways everyone want. Meanwhile i go inside empty stores like Delvaux with actually amazingly made and one of a kind leather pieces.
idk they're all granny bags to me lmao, if i was that level of obscenely rich i'd just get a house to make a custom design for me.

Obsessed with all the designer Barbies, my favorite being Versace and Versus Barbie
One of my hobbies is collecting designer Barbie dolls (I have both Versace and Versus dolls too). The only one I'm missing is Karl Lagerfeld Barbie, but I'm not ready to sell one of my kidneys on a black market to get her, because she is insanely expensive now. :doh:
Karl-Lagerfeld-s-offre-une-poupee-Barbie-a-son-effigie_1.jpg

Another one is Moschino Barbie, which was given exclusively to attendees in the front row at the Moschino SS 2015 fashion show:
Moschino_Barbie_3.jpg

Last edited:
Anna on the cover of Industrie (I can't even remember how many issues this magazine ended up having before folding... six or seven?)

1714949017981.png
fuckingyoung.es

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->