Post your worst handbag purchases

thewannabe

Reaction score
There's a post about everyone's best handbag purchases... Anyone have awful horror stories about their worst handbag purchases? :o Hopefully you can share them, and maybe even prevent others from having possible bad experiences. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I've made a lot of handbag mistakes in my life.

When those LV graffiti bags came out Guess ripped them off and I carried mine around like it was the best thing ever! :wink: (not having a clue what Vuitton was in those days) My boyfriend's friends would ask me jokingly, "Is that a Guess handbag?"

Ohhh.. and now I look at girls carrying Guess and unless they're 13 or under I just don't get it, but still realize in the back of my head I carried around that graffiti ripoff proudly so I can't judge!

Anything I've made mistakes on, I've either sold or given away... Uhhh. Ohh! I bought signature coach saddle bag back when I first went to college.... I sold it on ebay and got my cash back like 3 years later :lol:

Thought of another one... I bought a blue Herve Chapelier tote 5 years ago... The handles were only for hand-carrying... it sucked! So I bought another in pink/mocha. color.. customized it a little bit.. and sold the blue one.

I still wear it.. just cause there's so much damn room in that thing.

I bought this Puma Schattenboxen bag that I loved when I bought it, the next day I hated it. Took that sucker back to Commander Salamander. It was wierd looking, other than that not really.

I think I have that bag, Dior. It's got like rubber things on the corner... I use it to go to the gym. :lol:

Luna, look familiar?

06128701.jpg

Ohh... That's close! Mine is a shoulder bag.. not a messenger.. It has the shape of a bowling bag, sorta... I much prefer it in the shoulder bag. But then again.. Most guys would go for the messenger now that I think of it. :wink:

Haha, you'd be surprised. I have a shoulder bag, my friends say it's a purse but it's a mens carryall!

I bought this bag on 9/10/01.
p10428190_ph_hero.jpg

Anyone thinking of buying the LV mini-monogram line...DON'T. The canvas gets dirty quickly and can't be cleaned properly (SA at the flagship in NYC said cleaning the bag may result in some of the monograms coming off).:huh:

esiders said:

Anyone thinking of buying the LV mini-monogram line...DON'T. The canvas gets dirty quickly and can't be cleaned properly (SA at the flagship in NYC said cleaning the bag may result in some of the monograms coming off).:huh:
that bag doesn't even look that bad.

Personally, I don't regret any of my bag purchases. All well thought out! :ninja:

my burberry bag, (i bought it before it became the height of chavness)

What is wrong with Guess bags? I own a Americian Exclusive one. Its ok, I dont use it much though.

Guess does rip other designers off alot though, but they still have some nice bags.

yeh, i got a burberry bag years ago and totally loved it, my first designer bag :heart: ........then i saw jennifer ellison wit the same 1 :angry:

esiders said:

WHAT. I thought the monograms were jacquard? Wow LV got cheap, they'd screen on the hardwear if they could!

esiders said:
SA at the flagship in NYC said cleaning the bag may result in some of the monograms coming off).:huh:

...that makes no sense :unsure: .. i thought the monograms were woven into the fabric??

10468117_25605090.jpg

^^^ I asked two people at the flagship in NYC and the people at the Short Hills store (where I bought the bag) and they all said the same thing...basically try to clean the bag at my own risk. :blink: I didn't even bother...I gave the bag to my mom and the last I remember, it was in the back of her closet. :innocent:

ETA - yall got me mad all over again! :angry: That bag wasn't cheap either...probably why I haven't bought an LV since.

I sort of wanted a mini monogram LV until I saw Chingy's SUV with the interior done entirely in it.... *shudder*

brian said:
...that makes no sense :unsure: .. i thought the monograms were woven into the fabric??

I wonder if it is more a case that the dye in the colored threads that form the logo brocade is not colorfast, and the color from the monogram pattern might bleed on to the white area when it is cleaned.

I'm thinking that since your purse is already grubby and older, why not take the plunge and have it cleaned by a trusted drycleaner. If it already looks awful because it is filthy and you are embarrased to carry it, it's not like it will make matters much worse. You've already kind of mentally written the bag off. So, I suggest you should go get it cleaned. The worst that will happen is it will get finished off the rest of the way, and the best that could happen is that it could come back to you sparkly clean and revitalized.

Normally I don't like monograms, but I think it actually looks pretty good as a brocade, and the general shape of the bag is super-cute. I hope maybe you can revive this one! :flower:

I agree AYLI... it's probably a dye that is vulnerable to getting ruined when wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->