Pre-fall collections 06.07

^ read my mind...this is kinda tasteless and boring like the rest of valentino

i know...actually when i said "boring" i started thinking about some of those valentino confections he send out...literally... his clothes look like belong in a patisserie under a glass dome:innocent:

...so this is towned down by his standards

ahh this is not even patisserie, its plain mainstream and not too flattering at that

there was a bunch of these in wwd...i'm just going to put them in one thread (since there's only 2-3 pics per designer)

012406_7p.jpg
012406_9p.jpg

moschino

012406_8p.jpg
012406_10p.jpg

alberta ferretti

At Nina Ricci, Lars Nilsson ramped up the Parisian chic attitude the house is known for, while still keeping his pre-fall line tight and cohesive. Meanwhile, Alberta Ferretti was inspired by "La Dolce Vita" for her sophisticated suits, trapeze coats and playful jeweled dresses. Speaking of playful, Moschino designer Rossella Jardini is feeling the same way, as demonstrated by her trompe l'oeil knits and the ultrafeminine, sexy silhouettes she cut from traditional English men's wear fabrics. In Milan, Giambattista Valli's first pre-fall collection focused on separates with an urban-chic twist, as well as contrasting proportions such as softly constructed jackets and hand-knitted sweaters over lean pants and skirts.

012406_11p.jpg
012406_13p.jpg

giambattista valli

012406_12p.jpg
012406_14p.jpg

nina ricci

012406_1p.jpg
012406_2p.jpg

lanvin

012406_3p.jpg
012406_4p.jpg

azzaro

No doubt couture's grandeur keeps Paris enthralled. However this week a handful of designers took the opportunity to remind everyone that the real bucks are in ready-to-wear, and not on the runway but in the ever-growing pre-collections. Alber Elbaz was the first clever designer to horn in on the couture schedule, and the Lanvin pre-fall collection he showed on Monday was wonderfully elegant and refined. Elbaz gave spring's shapely silhouette "a little air," he explained, "so it always looks like you just lost weight." Jersey jackets cut with cardigan-like ease and drop-waisted dresses that flared at the hips hinted at a spare, chic look for the season to come. Meanwhile, at Azzaro, Vanessa Seward's pre-collection gave off a smart Forties vibe with shirtdresses trimmed in metallic piping and a sassy Oscar contender done up at the waist with a crystal bow.

thanks for posting these under one roof kimair..
i like lanvin, moschino and -surprisingly- Valli..

^yes valli looks interesting, at least the first look. moschino is quite cute, too.... the styling is always very safe with these pre-collections, no?

thanks for posting, kimair! :flower:

012306_1p.jpg
012306_4p.jpg

dior

012306_2p.jpg

ungaro

012306_3p.jpg
013006_5p.jpg

ysl

An alluring ease marks some of pre-fall's best looks. At Christian Dior, John Galliano is taking a modern, artisanal approach to luxury with flowing silhouettes and a fixation on fur. Stefano Pilati moved in a new direction with his collection for Yves Saint Laurent, concentrating on both tailored and softer, less constructed silhouettes for all occasions, from sporty (i.e., hand-painted shearling jackets) to grand evening (i.e., high-waist ballgowns). And while Emanuel Ungaro's new designer, Peter Dundas, won't show his first collection until Paris Fashion Week, the pre-fall lineup — designed by the in-house team — suggests a cleaner, more restrained direction, still with a dressy bent.

some more looks:

013006_4p.jpg
013006_2p.jpg

valentino

013006_1p.jpg
013006_3p.jpg

oscar de la renta, moschino

011806_4p.jpg
011806_5p.jpg

luca luca

011806_6p.jpg
011806_7p.jpg

akris

Akris may be known for its sophisticated simplicity, but for pre-fall, designer Albert Kreimler takes things up a notch with coats and jackets in luxe fabric. And in his first pre-fall collection for Luca Luca, Luca Orlandi goes for rich tweed suits, lace-embroidered evening dresses and leopard-print skirts that, he says, recall "the early days of Halston."

Estella Mare said:
the styling is always very safe with these pre-collections, no?

yes, because those presentations are 'lookbook' material, its a buyers 'tool' so styling needs to be toned down to a clent/windowshopping co-ordination level
personally i prefer those toned down looks to semi-hysterical catway versions

LOVE the marni flavoured ysl :crush:
:shock: even Dior looks fine when styled down :ninja:

Thanks for posting kimair ^_^

I like the moschino and lanvin pieces.

i know what you mean lena, but it lacks individuality for me ... i think even when toning down and making everything well visible one can manage to create a personal note, but maybe that's because i always look at the photography first and then at the clothes^_^

i can also see your point estelle, it has to do with your art :wink:
me, i focus more on the essence marketability of the garments
i find 'toned down' more 'honest'

no problem gang...:flower:

it looks like the waist is still going to be a big focal point come f/w...
and i'm also noticing lots of pencil skirts and fishtail hems, which i adore...

my favorites are the ysl pieces, but the belt is getting skinnier...
i loved the older, wider belt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->