Proenza Schouler Handbags - the PS1 et al

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
166b3vm.png

the p.s. 1 messenger bag, which was initially given to friends of jack and lazaro, seen here in tan suede on mary-kate olsen (she also has this bag in black python)...olsen-files

2rqhyr4.jpg

will be available at barneys and kirna zabete, $1995 for the largest size (pic from barneys holiday catalog)...

the messenger style will be available in 3 sizes, a clutch ($895), an east/west style ($1595) and the largest (pictured above)...
the larger styles come with a top handle and an adjustable shoulder strap...

2h36ext.jpg

blue croc clutch above (style.com)

style.com has a video about the bags...

Last edited by a moderator:
i absolutely love this bag! it looks so soft too.. thank you for posting kimair :smile:

Proenza Schouler Bags

“A million different colors, suede, leather, rubberized python, crocodile special-order,” rattled off Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough Thursday night at Il Buco, where he and partner Lazaro Hernandez hosted a dinner to celebrate their new handbag line. It was inevitable really, McCollough noted. “Whenever we’re doing our drawings for collections, the girls always have bags on their hands, shoes on their feet, sunglasses on their faces,” he explained. “It kind of completes the look.” Nearby, Simon Doonan (Barneys played co-host) indulged in some horn-tooting before dinner was served. “It’s utterly luscious and utterly exquisite,” he cooed, stroking a white python clutch from the PS1 line. “That whole thing of those girls on Gossip Girl carrying gigunda purses, that’s very déjà,” Doonan sniffed, barely noticing Proenza-ites Chloë Sevigny and Mary-Kate Olsen filtering past. “All that hellish rummaging, and there are, like, terrorists living in them.”
293m.jpg
295m.jpg

296m.jpg

style

Kimair, I created a Proenza topic as well, sorry. Could you either delete it or merge it with this one? Thanks. :flower:

threads merged...

i love the one m-k has, but i'm also intrigued by the one that's the east-west...
vogue had an article and pic about them last month...

I like this bag already! It's not very feminine! But I don't like the price. £1200?? WOW
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
The two bags in that pic are PS, right? :flower:

11r875k.jpg

OLSEN-FILES

I think the Proenza Schouler SS09 bags are horrible, the materials look terrible, a few of them have really vague detailing and they look hardly practical, especially the one Anna Maria Jagziska is holding.

the black python is great!
because they are quite a conservative design i think they need a better fabrication, like crazier leathers or fabrics. More texture!

giving one to mk is probably one of the best marketing strategies ever in handbag history.

j&j

thanks for that pic frenchy...
i think that's the medium size in the background...

i love how un-designer these look, like a rive gauche...

i am interesting in buying the ps1 in python, black. does anyone knows any retailers here in the UK selling PS? thank you

I had been seeing that bag in candids and style shots and wondering who made it. Its gorgeous and not overdone.

I also love their other styles

the big one totally reminds me of the dries bag and i always loved that one!
that is the only style though i would buy! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->