The 'Handbag & Small Leather Goods ID' Thread

any id for this?
152on0k.jpg

fashion-gone-rogue.tumblr.com

Hi guys,

My friend has this Chanel bag she's planning on selling, can anyone possibly tell me from these pictures if this is a genuine or a fake?

CD

Attachments

• IMG_1997.JPG
    IMG_1997.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
I have never seen that model before. Do you have any more info? When she bought it etc?

My initial reaction is that it doesn't look like a quality product. The lining is very odd (reissues and classic flaps have leather interioirs) and the bag looks so soft/unstructured. The stitching on the inside looks questionable as well. I have never seen a mademoiselle lock with details like that either. And it looks a bit plain to be a limited edition bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and the flap edges look assymetrical in the first picture. Not a good sign.

I have never seen that model before. Do you have any more info? When she bought it etc?

My initial reaction is that it doesn't look like a quality product. The lining is very odd (reissues and classic flaps have leather interioirs) and the bag looks so soft/unstructured. The stitching on the inside looks questionable as well. I have never seen a mademoiselle lock with details like that either. And it looks a bit plain to be a limited edition bag.

My friend only said that it's "old" (but she's 23) and she thinks it's the real thing, but I am dubious due to certain little things and certain big things (such as Chanel bags being some of the most faked).
I'm used to handling quality pieces and there are small things about this bag that make me suspicious. If it's a fake, it's a relatively good fake.

Plus she's asking me to sell it for her and I don't want to sell a fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is such a thing as an old fake though...

The Purse Forum do not assist sellers I seem to remember, so maybe the best thing is to use an online authentication service. Considering the value of Chanel bags and how sceptical buyers can be, it might be money well spent for her (assuming it isn't a fake of course). If she is confident it is genuine, convincing her to invest in the service might not be too hard.

The more I inspect the pictures, the more I think it is a fake. The intervowen leather in the handle looks less than perfect as well. See here.

That looks like the cheapest Chanel fake I've ever seen. The zipper is white plastic, yikes.

^ The fact that the zipper is white or plastic is not the issue, actually, because the "original" bag does have a similar interior. But I think it's apparent in the photos you've provided that the zipper used there is very low quality, the fabric around it is the basic fabric that comes with low-quality zippers and the "metal" part doesn't seem to be metal as it doesn't look heavy enough.

Also, the bag Chanel has with such lining is the Reissue Executive Cerf Tote Shoulder Bag. I can't seem to find a different Chanel bag with such an interior.

Last post, I think I'm spamming. This is what the interior of the original tote looks like so you can notice the differences yourself :flower:

2_11763_236589_chanel_reissue_jumbo_executive_c.jpg

portero.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->