Marc Jacobs Stam Bag

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

2ymfuwp.jpg

my sunburst stam...i'm totally loving it...:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim!! Where'd you get this!!

I saw one on bonanzle i was debating on... but I was intrigued by the Sunburst BB bag.. bought one of those instead. I love the orchid leather. Is yours orchid also? It's a hard color to photograph.

thanks kxm099, iLC and luna...:flower:

luna...i got it from *bay, about a month ago...the color is called "charcoal," but it's actually a medium gray/green...
i wanted to get one from nordstrom when they came out, but they one had one (at the sf store), and it was scratched where the kisslock is...
i've seen the orchid one irl, and it's really pretty...

kimair I am seriously drooling over your bag right now!!!! :woot: :heart:

I NEED a Stam bag in my life! In the process of saving up for one! :heart:

I just saw someone walking around with this bag yesterday and I'm in love. It looks like a heavy bag, but I have decided heavy bags are good for muscles :lol: Now to find a place that retails it around me.

It's actually not so bad. My Alexander Wang duffle bag is much heavier because of the studs. I guess it's all a matter of getting used to the weight.

Helens, Velony is right - you do actually get used to the weight. I never notice it really as most of my bags are so heavy. However I was actually starting to get shoulder pain (mainly because my bags are so roomy so I put more things in it and they were weighing about 5 kilos...) so changed to my Chanel for a while, and when I went back to one of my Stams I did notice the weight then.

I was in the Marc Jacobs London store the other day and they have plenty of different Stams around (the studded or scaled ones in black are nice) if you do want one. I presume most of the stores and department store stockists would be able to find one for you as it's still an ongoing style each season.

its so funny..i always have soo much in my bag that when I lift weights im like "hmm..not so bad". my guy friends pass me my bag sometimes and always say " god! what do you have in there, bricks?". My stam is acutally one of the lighter bags I have.

I have the baby Stam in black. I got it senior year of high school and absolutely loved it. Now, I haven't worn it for 2 years. It's been replaced by my Balenciaga city bags and my Chanel jumbo bag. Maybe I need to bring it out. It's perfect because it's not too heavy and I can take it out at night.

I have the baby too, but haven't worn it in ages! If I need a big bag then I take my regular Stams, and if I want a smaller chain bag then I tend to go for a Chanel instead. But I really need to show it some love!

can someone please tell me how many different stam bags there are?

Does anyone know where I can get a sunburst online that ships to Australia? The stams aren't the colours that I'm looking for. Thanks guys!

In the regular stam there is only the larger size and the baby, but in the first season there was a really small version as well. And there are other slightly different variations that still look almost the same - such as the Mina stam which is the same height and width as the regular stam, but flat rather than squishy (in the same way as the baby stam is) and with just a chain, no handles. And I think there was also another size similar to the baby stam a couple of seasons ago, but essentially the same.

I think now they are mainly just released in different versions of the regular size (regular quilted, studded, different chains, etc.).

Egghead, your best bet might be to get the exact colour and style name that you want (check the website or just do a search on the internet) and then to call or email one of the Marc Jacobs stores overseas directly. I bought my first Stam when I was living in Australia and got it this way (called the New York boutique if I remember correctly) - the cost of the call and postage is probably less than you think. If they don't have what you're looking for, hopefully they'll be able to track one down for you or point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->