Rome shopping

I will be traveling to Rome in March and would like to get some great deals. Any information on places to shop would be helpful. I will be staying at the Palace Boscolo I beleive this hotel is near the Spanish steps.

Via Condotti, Via del Babuino, Via del Corso. There are all fashion boutiques in these streets.

If you like more 'different' (than the typical italian designers, like ann dem or dries van noten) or vintage shops, go to the area near corso vittorio emmanuele and camp de fiori. There are also a few nice shops near the pantheon (esp. shoes).:flower:

im going to rome next week...are there any amazing must visit stores that you can recomend?

There is not so much of good shops here..all the big brands of course, but nothing unique..Personally I like small brands, vintage ecc..

-in Via del Governo Vecchio (close to Piazza Navona)you'll find a lot of nice vintage stores, for clothes and jewellery..also some cute shops with mixed designer brands...
-in Via del Boschetto (close to Termini station/via Nazionale)you'll find other secondhand shops.Pulp (really cheap new designers) god save the look (classy, good vintage) and Idra (clubwear, second hand and gadgets) and some more shops, always in the Monti-area...
-on sundays it's the Porta Portese market in Trastevere...take tram 8 from Largo Argentina and go lika 5 stops...Opens really really early and closes at 13. It's huge and you can find everything or nothing..beware of pickpockets...
-monday-saturday it's a quite big inside market in Via Sannio (Metro:S.Giovanni) from early morning until lunchtime. Some good vintage (the lady with the seventies-dresses in the end!), fur, bags, but also a lot of crap like Carhartt or Londsdale or Vuitton-copies..
-in via del Corso you'll find all commercial brands like Benetton, Zara, Miss Sixty, Energie, Killah, Intimissimi etc..
-On sundays it's a small market in viale Flaminia on a backyard, like a garage-sale..my friend always finds original Chanel bags or Fendi shoes for 5 euros..It's open all day long..

Shopping in Rome

I am sorry, but I didn't know of any other places to post this post, I am totally new in thefashionspot.com, but it looks like a good site:flower:

Hello, I'am a boy who are going to Rome in some days, do you know of any surf clothes shops which are good there? I am going in one and a half day, so please answer me quickly.

Sorry my bad english^_^

Reviving this thread.^_^

I'm going to Rome on Saturday and would love some shopping tips! I guess I'll figure out main streets and stuff posted above, but if anyone knows any small cool stores they'd like to share, then please post.

I'd also like to know what stores that carry designers like Balenciaga, Rick Owens and maybe Chloe.

Oh and any good shoe stores?

Appreciate any answers!

TIA:flower:

I'm a guy headed for Rome in about a week-and-a-half, trying to double-revive this thread. I was wondering if someone could let me know of the places already mentioned which would have mens stuff?

I love stuff like Ann D., but unfortunately cannot afford them, so any other outlet stores or anything like that would be greatly appreciated!

(on a side note, I need a new wallet. Does anyone know of any decent leatherworkers who could have one done in a day or two? Or anywhere that would have nice ones in stock?)

do you know where i could get cute boho style cheap messenger bags?
BLACK_ROCKET_MESSENGER_BAG_FRONT3-242x235.jpg
Vlack_Green_Fat_Robo_messenger_bag_front-600x450.jpg

from lawlesswear

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to Rome in two weeks and I'd be really thrilled if you let me know about any outlets in or near Rome... :blush:
Where are the best places to go shopping?
Where to get Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren etc.?

the last, although not confirmed, info is that sales in rome start on 20JAN, but the confirmation is expected in december.

I knew there si a bulgari outlet in roma.. but forget the address..a nyone can confirm?

Can anyone comfirm if the places named below still are any good? I'm going to Rome in a few weeks, and would like to go beside the beaten path this time. B)

emi25 said:
-in Via del Governo Vecchio (close to Piazza Navona)you'll find a lot of nice vintage stores, for clothes and jewellery..also some cute shops with mixed designer brands...

-in Via del Boschetto (close to Termini station/via Nazionale)you'll find other secondhand shops.Pulp (really cheap new designers) god save the look (classy, good vintage) and Idra (clubwear, second hand and gadgets) and some more shops, always in the Monti-area...

-monday-saturday it's a quite big inside market in Via Sannio (Metro:S.Giovanni) from early morning until lunchtime. Some good vintage (the lady with the seventies-dresses in the end!), fur, bags, but also a lot of crap like Carhartt or Londsdale or Vuitton-copies..

-On sundays it's a small market in viale Flaminia on a backyard, like a garage-sale..my friend always finds original Chanel bags or Fendi shoes for 5 euros..It's open all day long..

I live in Rome, the places you said are ok.
When you go in VIA DEL GOVERNO VECCHIO, don't miss "PEOPLE" a vintage shop in a street nearby: Piazza Teatro di Pompeo 4a (close to CAMPO DE' FIORI).
Also, PORTA PORTESE is a huge street market open only on Sunday till 2 pm.

12 boots said:
I live in Rome, the places you said are ok.
When you go in VIA DEL GOVERNO VECCHIO, don't miss "PEOPLE" a vintage shop in a street nearby: Piazza Teatro di Pompeo 4a (close to CAMPO DE' FIORI).
Also, PORTA PORTESE is a huge street market open only on Sunday till 2 pm.

Thank you :flower: I will look for that shop as well.

Oh, I cant wait now. :bounce: I find myself drifting away a few times a day and dreaming of plates of pasta and the unbelieavble tramezzini that they serve at the place were we usually go for breakfast (they make simple things like egg and tomato taste :woot:).

yad better go to the northern prt i think.. just 2 hours with IC... to the super outlet... the fashion industry is in the northern part

Is anyone familiar with a shop called Luna & L' Altra?

It's supposed to be carrying japanese and Belgian designers and is located on Piazza Pasquino....

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a list of the designers it stocks as they don't have a website...

:flower:

I believe Luna & L'Altra stock mainly non italian designers which include Issey Mibyake, Martin Margiela, Jean Paul Gaultier and Dries van Noten (apparently they are romes only stockings of dvn). They do accessories too apparently.

The address/contact number: Luna & L'altra, Via Del Governo Vecchio 105, Roma. Tel 0039 06 6880 4995.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->