San Francisco Shopping

no problem dear...:heart:

Kimair - I know your a fan of The Row would you say that Barneys the best stockist in SF of the label or is it the only stockist? I am looking forward to actually being able to buy some of the pieces at US prices!

there is one other store in sf that carries the row and it's called the grocery store (also in laurel heights...it's owned by the same woman that owns susan)...
they have a better selection than barneys, and ashley even made a personal appearance at a trunkshow in july...
i'm hoping she comes back to do one for the spring collection...

I just recently moved to SF and am unfamilar with some of the shopping hotspots, so could somebody pls recommend some good discount designer stores preferably in the downtown area? Thanks! :flower:

do you mean consignment shops, or places like ross, etc?

consignment shops or places like Loehmann's

I'm going to be going to San Francisco in early November and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for thrift or vintage stores. Preferably ones with a great selection of jewelery! Thanks!

I am take a trip to the Bay area in early November to attend my friends' wedding. I am staying almost a week and am glad to read about the shopping in SF! I am curious about a Loehmanns or Nordstrom Rack because the outlets where I am (Pittsburgh) are terrible.

What about Oakland/Berkeley? Any recs? I know I will be going to Amoeba (because my boyfriend is a record nerd) on Haight and in Oakland if it is still there... I haven't been there since 2002 so I am totally out of the loop.

jesspgh, since you are heading to 'the Haight' check out Ambiance on Haight...fun, ecclectic little boutique. In Berkeley, on the corner of College/Ashby, check out Jeffrey's..for designer resale....also, Crush further down College just on the other side of the 24 frwy in the Rockridge district is a cute little shop too.

There are two Loehmann's stores in downtown SF, both on Sutter near Kearny. One is just women's shoes, and the other is everything else. 211 and 222 Sutter, respectively.

Nordstrom Rack is at 555 9th St., near Bryant (not downtown.)

Last edited by a moderator:
retro, i'd also check out jeffrey, that ciao bella mentioned...
they have designer stuff as well as overruns from anthropologie and j. crew...

joe's jeans is opening a store on grant between post and sutter, in the old nine west space (near kate spade, coach, BR)...

Does anybody know where can I buy Rick Owens leather jacket? I looked in Barney's but they didn't have any (about 2 months ago).

Yes...it is Jeremy's. So sorry for the mix up... I just duck in and out...always thought it was Jeffreys.

Another MUST shop is Cris's consignment boutique in Nob Hill.... fabulous place to really spend some time... Louboutin, Blahnik, Dior, Prada... all of the major players...not cheap but very reasonable for the designer labels.

I referred a friend to a pair of brand new Louboutin Black Python Y'Opens for $425!

I'm going to be going to San Francisco in early November and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for thrift or vintage stores. Preferably ones with a great selection of jewelery! Thanks!

I have the same question, I'm moving to SF this April and probably will stay for a good 3 months, currently I'm in london and loving the vintage finds and decorations hunting at car boots sales, was wondering if they have the same thing in SF, and I believe people call it the garage sales? or car boot as well?
Also Galleries, theatre and museums? Suggestions pls !

Thank youuuu ^_^

I'm moving to Berkeley for college... I'm excited about SF. I know I'll visit a lot... Shopping sounds amazing. I've been to SF before but I was very young so I don't remember much. This thread will help me a lot when it comes to shopping......

in san francisco right now....LOVING this city!!!...:heart: even more than i thought i would. :woot:

went to ritual and four barrel for coffee this morning. ritual wins hands down..:heart: Tartine for dessert.. wow! lunch at a great indian place nr. tartine...

Hoping to head to union square for a bit of shopping and a visit to MOMA tomorrow.. going to check out blue bottle on mint st. as well (maybe i'll bump into you kimair? :P). have to browse back through the last few pages of this thread to get some shopping suggestions... i'm staying about a 10min walk from haight/ashbury.. very good location

what a cool city..

Welcome to our city adorefaith! Filmore district is fabulous for shopping..Union Square is the 'mother load' for shopping premier designers...the YSL boutique on Maiden Lane is fantastic as is NM, Barneys and our 6 tiered Saks! Stop into Cafe Emporio on Union Square for a cappuccino and people watching...Cafe Claude's (on Claude) for their french fries...E&O Trading Co (on Sutter) for their Calamari..

adore - check out Nida and Cotton Sheep on Hayes St. Expensive, but I think you would enjoy both stores :flower:

thanks guys! :heart:

Tourist, how funny, i went to Hayes today and nida was my favourite! :heart: i'm only just now seeing your post. you know me..:blush: some cool isabel marant and vanessa bruno in stock. cotton sheep was also great, i saw a beautiful little organic cotton dress but we're going to be heading back into chilly weather soon in canada so i couldn't quite justify it. :(
had lunch at frjtz.. cute concept but i was kind of disappointed in the food..still, the fries were good! :P. then had an amazing lemon tart at la boulange de hayes..:heart: Hayes st. as a whole is a gem..!

made it to both blue bottle locations today.. mint st.'s espresso was better by far.. the barista really knew what she was doing. didn't realise MOMA is closed on wednesdays so that was disappointing but the store was open and it had some very cute things.. bought a few little presents for people so not all was lost!

so far valencia and hayes are my favourite spots. strolled down haight/ashbury this morning but it felt kind of soulless..:ninja: just not my scene, even though i had heard it was the 'place to go'..:innocent:

i leave in the morning...will be sorry to go.. any other must see little spots for the last minute? :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->