San Francisco Shopping

Thank you! i dont mind the stinkyness and dust as long as there is a gem to be found.. the vintage/'thrift' stores in london are so overpriced most of the time, and so much of it comes from the states, so I'm pretty excited! I'll basically be thrift shopping, checking out local designers (things i cant get in london), and hitting the sales for marked down designer items. Which sale should i go to on boxing day? (or is boxing day sales not a big thing in the us?)

Erm, Boxing Day--that's the day after Christmas, right?--seeing as I had to guess, I don't think we do that here. In America, Boxing Day is a pay-per-view event with sweaty men hitting each other in a ring. We call it "Fight Night".

You might be thinking of HUF; local stores specializing in streetwear, skate and hiphop styles, sneakers. They are small but have a great selection; however, other than the HUF-branded items, I am sure all of it is available in New York. If you are into streetwear, a HUF cap or shirt does have a cachet.

Yes! That's the logo! HUF, huh? I knew I was officially old when I couldn't parse that sign. You've instilled new youth in me tangerine, thank you.

skim reading your post, i thought you said boxing day is when sweaty men hit each other at sales... lol

so you dont big sales on the day after christmas/26th?! that is UNHEARD of... for me :o
Boxing day is when i spend all my christmas money and start buying presents for the next christmas...

I know there's after-Christmas sales, but they don't call it "Boxing Day". It's more along the lines of this jingle, "Almost Everything You Wanted But Didn't Get For Christmas Is Now On Sale At Sears." I dunno if it's right the day after or not; I guess it is. I'm always too exhausted to venture out.

There is a big sale after Thanksgiving called Black Friday...to get the good deals for Christmas shopping haha I guess that's America's equivalent to Boxing Day

some new stores coming to sf:

prada is opening on the corner of grant and post, opposite the corner where rem koolhaus' epicenter was supposed to be (across the street from shreve & co)...

tory burch is opening a boutique on maiden lane...
no word on where exactly it will be located...

interesting. thanks.
any word on when they will be open?

ah so glad we have this thread. I'll be heading to SF in March (for quite possibly the geekiest event ever) and I've never been. I can't wait to head into the stores

^I'm so jealous...I was in SF last October for my cousin's wedding. Unfortunately anywhere I was able to go, I had a caravan of family (awkwardness = non-existent shopping). I did however have stops including Neiman Marcus and Saks, and loved the architecture and design in the downtown area.

ah so glad we have this thread. I'll be heading to SF in March (for quite possibly the geekiest event ever) and I've never been. I can't wait to head into the stores

I'll be in SF during March as well. Not sure how much shopping I'll be doing, but this thread is certainly helpful.

interesting. thanks.
any word on when they will be open?

nope, no word on either opening...

i also found out that gucci is moving into a bigger (over 11,000 square feet) space at 240 stockton (on the corner of stockton and maiden)...
a jewelry store used to be there...

bumpity bump bump, just in case anyone has new suggestions :smile:

not sure i'll be shopping a lot. but just in case!

yeah what is this HUF business? I'm out of the loop. I'm going to have to check out that Harputs for some trainers for my boyfriend but is HUF worth a look? Are there any good sales? Where is the Barneys?!

HUF is definitely worth a look; I'll go there with you if you want. Barneys is at O'Farrell and Stockton in Union Square, and ditto. :smile:

HUF is def worth it, i'd say they are the best sneaker store in the bay, i just got a couple supras and nike sb from there. the adidas concept store is pretty cool too

Where exactly is HUF? In Union Square?

The "Union Square" store is really between Union Square and Nob Hill (and the Tenderloin), at 808 Sutter St., cross street Jones.

There is also a Hayes Valley store at 516 Hayes; here the stock tends more towards fashion, whereas the Sutter store caters more towards hardcore sneakerheads and skaters.

^Thanks for the "411".:flower: I'll check out Hayes Valley when I return "home" for a visit in June. CAN'T. WAIT.:bounce:

I was just in San Fran and was very pleased by the shopping I did:smile: There were some fantastic boutiques in the Mission area especially:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->