Sofia Coppola

We only ever seem to see her at Chanel events nowadays. I was surprised that she didn't attend her father's Walk of Fame ceremony.

Sofia Coppola attends the CHANEL and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner at the Polo Lounge on March 26, 2022 in Beverly Hills, California.

Vn16Xrm.jpg

MEslk2i.jpg

wireimage.com​

Sofia Coppola (in Chanel) attends the 2022 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on March 27, 2022 in Beverly Hills, California.

ZX9AXrk.jpg

pagesix.com

With Kirsten & her parents!

fgaY56r.jpg

0e0S2qI.jpg

wireimage.com​

ah i missed the oscar party dress - so pretty and LOVE to see her and kiki together.

I miss the days when Sofia wore Marc Jacobs stuff (she even wore one of his dresses to get her Oscar) but I still respect her taste, she has a gift for picking the best of post-Karl Chanel and making it look really cool and relaxed. She even wears those embellished Metiers d'Art jackets as easily as if they were some random denim jacket, the the clothes serve the woman and not the other way around.

Has anyone heard any news about her series adaptation of The Custom of the Country for Apple+? I’m so curious to see who is cast, I keep thinking Florence Pugh would be a good choice. I wonder if it’s still moving forward? It was announced a year and a half ago.

In the recent New Yorker article on Sofia, she mentioned she had cast Pugh, but Apple pulled out because they didn't like the idea of spending so much on a show with an unlikable lead (female) character. Such a shame. Hopefully, the moderate success of Priscilla makes it a bit easier to get the next project greenlit.

That is a shame, but I ~see~ why they made that decision because the amount of people that I've talked to recently that absolutely HATE a movie or TV show because the main character is deeply flawed or a "bad person" is crazy.

True, but I feel like Apple has all of these massively expensive shows that no one talks about or watches (??) like the astronaut show and the prehistoric one with Jason Momoa, would it kill them to throw some cash in Sofia's direction? They seem more interested in a) chasing awards and b) building a library of content than making a profit on individual shows or movies.

Maybe they saw Bridgerton's success and wanted something more.... lite. They have that new show "Buccaneers" which looks like a Wharton-era show probably chasing the same demo that has interest in a Sofia Coppola show. But it looks awful.

Hopefully Netflix steps in and greenlights it, but I suspect everyone has moved on at this point. One of the repeat experiences of being a Sofia stan for the past 2 decades is getting super excited for a new project that gets announced and then finding out like a year later it's dead in the water and then waiting another 2 years for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->