Sofia Coppola

Sofia Coppola attends the 59th New York Film Festival - Deep Focus: Jane Campion at Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center on October 02, 2021 in New York City.

XEUu9NW.jpg

4N89YA2.jpg

gGN5WNz.jpg

zimbio.com​

Sofia Coppola is seen leaving the Anna Sui Spring Summer 2022 during New York Fashion Week at Indochine on September 11, 2021 in New York City.

PxH4KrU.jpg

EP057Cq.jpg

OTqD2lV.jpg

wireimage.com

Can anyone ID her pants and sunglasses leaving the Anna Sui show ?

I remember anticipating Marie Antoinette like crazy for over a year and going to see it opening weekend and being so in love with the movie. I even ran into some classmates at the theater who were going to see The Prestige and was mocked/bullied for days for seeing Marie Antoinette (because it was girly) but I didn’t care, it was worth it! I’m glad after all these years the public perception of the film has shifted.

I remember anticipating Marie Antoinette like crazy for over a year and going to see it opening weekend and being so in love with the movie. I even ran into some classmates at the theater who were going to see The Prestige and was mocked/bullied for days for seeing Marie Antoinette (because it was girly) but I didn’t care, it was worth it! I’m glad after all these years the public perception of the film has shifted.
Oh no. :(

I remember being obsessed with the film before it even came out, and I discovered so many artists thanks to the soundtrack.

Sofia told the writer how much is resonates with little (presumably gay) boys!

Last edited:
I was utterly obsessed with Marie Antoinette because of Sofia. In 12th grade we had to write about someone in history who we admired. I picked Marie Antoinette and my teacher said “Are you sure?!”. I was so sure! Thank you Sofia because I got an A on my paper! That movie was so beautiful.

Has anyone heard any news about her series adaptation of The Custom of the Country for Apple+? I’m so curious to see who is cast, I keep thinking Florence Pugh would be a good choice. I wonder if it’s still moving forward? It was announced a year and a half ago.

Has anyone heard any news about her series adaptation of The Custom of the Country for Apple+? I’m so curious to see who is cast, I keep thinking Florence Pugh would be a good choice. I wonder if it’s still moving forward? It was announced a year and a half ago.
Sofia mentions in the Marie Antoinette piece that she's currently working on another period piece and Vogue hyperlinked the project so I guess the implication is that it's still definitely her next project.

I've never read the book (it's on my list) but I remember when Sofia Coppola mentioned on Lynn Hirschberg's podcast that Florence Pugh auditioned for the role of Ariel in Sofia's version of The Little Mermaid that of course fell through. She didn't think she was right for the part but talked about wanting to work with her in the future.

the book on which sofia's marie antoinette is based (by antonia fraser) is so good and beautifully written.

I think Sofia is incredibly talented from a tender age. I recently rewatched all The Godfather movies and honestly Sofia just blows me away in the third part. I read somewhere she got negative reviews, I don’t understand because I think she was marvelous in that movie. Her emotional resonance was just… perfection.

Sofia Coppola attends the Chanel Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2022 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on January 25, 2022 in Paris, France.

1TuoRV9.jpg

Zmho9gC.jpg

iqRJpRE.jpg

zimbio.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"