The All About Feet Thread

cutxpaste

barack the vote
Reaction score
I'm not a huge beauty maven but I noticed that we didn't have a thread about feet, pedicures. Talk all about your feet, favorite foot treatments,etc.

What's everyone's favorite foot treatment/ pedicure service? I get a basic pedicure probably about once every 6-9 months, usually when I go away somewhere warm for vacation. I haven't ever gotten a super fancy pedicure, I don't know if that could help make my feet softer. They are SOOOOOO rough :doh:. I also find that I get ingrown toenails fairly often too :sick: ..I should get pedicures WAY more often... my feet need some serious love right now :shock::doh::cry:

What do you all do with your feet when you go to a nail salon? :flower:

Pumice stone. Works every time. :wink:

Since I run quite often and for extremely long distances, my feet need extra care.

I like to apply Vaseline to my feet and then wear socks to bed. It's a good way for them to get a lot softer.

I rarely wear polish on my toenails. The closest I ever get to my feet is to examine the big toe and pluck the hairs that grow on the knuckle. :ninja:

Pumice stone. Works every time. :wink:

Since I run quite often and for extremely long distances, my feet need extra care.

I like to apply Vaseline to my feet and then wear socks to bed. It's a good way for them to get a lot softer.

I rarely wear polish on my toenails. The closest I ever get to my feet is to examine the big toe and pluck the hairs that grow on the knuckle. :ninja:

You couldn't speak more of the truth!

Oh, the sock idea sounds great papa! Thanks for the tip ^_^

My problem is that recently my feet grew a full size from a 9 to 10 so all the shoes I own squish my toes...and since it's the dead of winter here, I generally have to wear more than one pair of socks to stay warm during the day and that squeezes my feet even more :doh: I'll have to go and get a pumice stone soon.

I don't wear polish much on my toe either, except for when we're going away somewhere warm and my mom kind of makes me :lol::rolleyes:

What's everyone's favorite foot treatment/ pedicure service?
Paraffin treatment( or paraffin pedicure).Leaves my feet so unbelievably soft , I love it^_^And you can get a manicure with paraffin treatment, too

I get the paraffin treatment when I go for a pedicure, but I must admit, I do not go nearly often enough. I tend to neglect my feet, and part of my New Years beauty resolution is to tend to them more. My mother takes excellent care of hers. She goes for pedis 2x/month and always puts lotion on them in the morning and before bed. Her feet are so nice that some sales guy in the shoe department at Belk practically tried to make out with them when he was slipping shoes on her feet! This made her think twice about taking good care of her feet though... :lol:

I hate my feet.:cry: They are horrible.:yuk:

I think my feet have a rather lovely shape even though they are too large but my problem is my forth toe. Argh, it's so gross I don't even want to describe to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
My feet grew 1 and 1/2 sizes in less than a month :shock:
I went from a 9 to and 10.5

I tend to use a foot rasp on dry skin to remove dead skin, and a foot file/pumice stone in the bath, paraffin treatments and vaseline and socks at night...thats it. I love pedicures for the massage more than anything else.

I love the foot products from boots, they don't smell minty and fresh like most ones normally do. They smell a bit sweet a bit marshmallowy

I use a pumice stone in the shower a couple of times a week, and try to keep my toes polished. I get pedicures once a month in the summer. I'm going to have to try the vaseline/socks thing!

I just bought a Ped-Egg at Linens-n-Things for $9.99.

It is amazing and works much better than the $45 Diamancel foot buffer that I bought a few years ago.

My heels have never been so smooth.

I actually never had a professional Mani-Pedi, im so scared of all the infections you can get from them. Ive heard some serious ones. But i do love to take care of my feet, since i live in a warm weather place, sandals are a must. I try to soak my feet and then rasp them with apumice stone. But when i dont have the time to do the whole thing i just apply a little of Vichy's Podexine. its the greatest thing, it leaves you feet so soft right after the application. its about 10-15dlls i guess

I just bought a Ped-Egg at Linens-n-Things for $9.99.

It is amazing and works much better than the $45 Diamancel foot buffer that I bought a few years ago.

My heels have never been so smooth.

I checked it out, it's sucha good idea, I have a foot rasp thing and it's good but I always have to place a tissue underneath.

I was told you should always use a metal rasp and you should do it when you're feet are dry as you get more off. True?

I will never rasp horny skin off my feet again. You can cut yourself and the risk of it returning faster and thicker s before is high. Instead, I use a footcreme with 10% urea in it daily, and my horny skin is gone foor good. :D

I was told you should always use a metal rasp and you should do it when you're feet are dry as you get more off. True?

Yes, I prefer it on dry skin because you get better results and also you can avoid taking off too much skin, in beauty school we did it after soaking the feet and you have to constantly check you aren't removing to much.

Thanx for the tip Sandralette, I have a sample of Eucerin Foot Cream with Urea I 'll try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->