Home pedicures for lovely summer feet

Womanolo

Killer In Heels
Reaction score
It being such a lovely sunny day here in Liverpool, I reached for my stacked sandals. Then I looked at my feet and went 'arghh!'

So I've just blitzed them for an hour and a half. First I used a foot scrub in the shower. Then I basically attacked the big toes, balls of the foot and my heels with a heavy duty metal file. When that still didn't remove the hard skin I started chopping with my manicure scissors, then filed away any rough bits. I'm now sitting here letting cream soak into my feet and hunting for foot-care tips.

Problem is my feet still don't look perfect, so this may take weeks.

What do all of you do to get perfect feet? I'm looking for hints here that don't involve going for a professional pedi.

Hmm... I'd love to know too. I have very dry skin in my feet, and it looks awful. I'll let you know if I discover something.

i always take a footwash.. just dropping my feet in hot water let it for 15 min. Than dry them carefully and go scrub. I always use cream for the feet. En a nice colour on the nail :smile:

Nothing I try gets the dry skin off my feet ... and I have a callous on one of my toes that's been there for years...

I always scrub mine a couple of times aweek, and put lotion on them after I shower but when they get really bad I use vaseline. I rub them up with vaseline before I go to sleep and sleep with socks on. Works like a charm :smile:

Wait ladies, it's extremely dangerous to scrub too much at your feet! It makes them extra susceptible to athlete's foot and other germs as well as causes even more hardening.

The way to do it is to slather on an extra emollient cream (something with a high percentage of urea works well) after soaking in a tub, and wear cotton socks on top of that. Do this every night. My mom's heels were like granite, but after doing this for a few days they were much better, and after a few weeks they are soft and pink. And that's a sixty-something year old woman who walks miles daily. Take heart, and take care! :flower:

Melisande said:
Wait ladies, it's extremely dangerous to scrub too much at your feet! It makes them extra susceptible to athlete's foot and other germs as well as causes even more hardening.

The way to do it is to slather on an extra emollient cream (something with a high percentage of urea works well) after soaking in a tub, and wear cotton socks on top of that. Do this every night. My mom's heels were like granite, but after doing this for a few days they were much better, and after a few weeks they are soft and pink. And that's a sixty-something year old woman who walks miles daily. Take heart, and take care! :flower:

Thank you for the tip! I've heard also that it is not good to scrub too often. I will try your advice tonight.

Melisande said:

Really? I had no idea! :shock: thanks for the info :flower:

Thanks Melisande, I wondered if filing the hard skin too often would make it worse in the long run. I'll try to get some of the cream you mentioned. My feet do seem to be getting better looking, but that's probably all the cream I'm slathering on them twice a day.

I've just had a pedicure done two days ago and bought Gehwol foot balm after my pedicurist advice. Have you tried their products? To me smell is good and ingridients are well enough too :smile:

I hadn´t heard of that brand before, but I´m looking for a good foot balm, I´ll see if I can find it here in Sweden. Would you recommend that one, delerith?

This brand has a lot of different balms and special fluids for nails. My pedicurist uses it in salon and reccomended it to me. I've bought it in special shop which sells everything for hairdressers, pedicurusts and beauticians :smile:
I've seen it on ebay though. Hope that helps! I like that it has natural ingridients like herbs in it and smells good :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->