Flemish Feet

JATE

Reaction score
In the July issue of Vogue, Editor and Chief Wintour examines an article contributed to the magazine describing a new look at the entire process of beauty. As for the past couple of years, fashion has deemed au naturale to be the greatest champion of beauty. Top make-up artists and companies were having a fun time producing all types of nudes, beiges, neutral, and bare tones for lips, eyes, and cheeks. Later, lighting became important in defining shadows and bone structure in order to accentuate a natural "no make up" look. That is part of what the word Flemish means. One particular artist featured in vogue came up with this name to describe beauty in the eye of inspiration from old paintings such as Lame (with an accent over the e). It is not only using natural colors(paint) to give the illusion of a born beautiful face, it is also about the reflection of light. Perhaps that is why he spends half the article explaining nail polish is the new fashion don't if you are working your way up to a fashionable chic appearance. That means that the pedicure process however, will be accentuated. All the buffing, foot creams and oils, soaks and salts are essential to produce a naturally beautiful foot where the nails are rounded and shiny, and the heels are left uncracked and smooth...it is the ultimate flemish foot. The trend was practically advised in Vogue...but I spent hours on my first attempt at a Flemish foot, and wore my once cranberry stained toenails bare and naked in their natural pink. I have to say that I felt more chic because my feet were beautiful all by themselves.

why do they call it flemish ? I'm flemish and it has nothing to do with my origin .. i don't like it ..

Flemish is just the name that an artist gave the look that has no dark lipstick and no mascara...it is the "painterly signature" of old world Dutch masters and painters.
Where are Flemish people from?

From Belgium... hallo Fugfashion! :smile:

I thought this would be a thread that would bring scientific proof that flemish feet were bigger than any other kind... I have huge feet!

i like this look very much...
i do this on my hands regularly...
i have them buffed to a high sheen....
it looks very clean and 'polished'

thanks for the thread JATE..:flower:

That is interesting that Flemish people are from Belgium...the contributor mentioned that the the painters that inspired this look where Dutch...where is the connection...I got a pretty horrible grade in my 7th grade human geography class :smile:

sorry JATE :flower: My response was too quickly , at first I didn't understood it well ..:unsure:

& hallo Kuran! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->