The 'Authentication' Thread

everytime i see the fall '08 collection in the stores..I really like it..i bought the fiona tulip skirt and it fits great..plus there are so many good sales going on now..

Vintage Burberry Prorsum Coat. Real or Fake? You tell me.

Ok so I recently bought this coat off of ebay claiming to be an "authentic burberry" coat. I paid 70 dollars for it and am not going to be surprised if it is fake. The lining seems to be weird and the buttons are grey when the coat is a black and white blend. There is only one label and nothing stating the materials, et cetera. Thanks!

Photos

2ep1oc6.jpg

53oaa1.jpg

167kri0.jpg

2gxgpx2.jpg

Coat seems to be re-lined or something.

hi oversizedman...i merged your thread with our official "is it authentic?" thread...
please do a search before starting a new thread...

marc by marc jacobs coat

hi. can someone tell me if this is how the tag inside the marc by marc coats should look like? i saw this coat in stores awhile back and found it online on sale so i got it. don't know if it's a fake or poorly sewn coat..

the position of the label seems off to me? i don't recall seeing the label in the others i've seen in stores like this.. i'm really anal about these things so :ninja:

Photo5.jpg

i have a vintage marc jacobs women's suit and the label is square like that sewn into the left side of the jacket...

other than that... i really don't know enough to help authenticate further..

Can someone authenticate this dress? I can post more pics if needed. Thanks for any help.

BQwyqB2kKGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBJ4kG9qv.jpg

BQwtqBmkKGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBJ4kGwFf.jpg

ebay.com

^ On my Marc/Marc Jacobs items, a lot of the tags are sewn on differently, like the edges folded diagonally under at the ends of the tag, and not sewn on with just one thread at each end like that, I have seen tags where the edges aren't folded under but they are sewn on differently. . . I really don't know enough about MJ fakes to tell if it's authentic, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could authenticate these Dior Homme shades for me? Is there anything I should be looking for or any particular pictures of the shades I should ask the seller for?
Thanks in advance!

0746kf820.jpg

5946ghd20.jpg

8195k4420.jpg

images taken from kijiji

you could try posting in the sunglasses thread (Accessories forum), people there might know more... do you know the serial number?

I've actually requested for pictures of the insides of the arms, just waiting on a response.

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster here, old lurker.. just wanted to know what you guys thought about this Celine "Watch Me Work" bag? The front doesn't have the faux-croc, rather, a shiny reflective material instead. The seller told me her friend got it a private PR sale so it is not a widely produced item; she also mentioned that she saw it at the Celine flagship store in Paris. Does this look authentic to you? Thank you.

Attachments

• !BSC-JjgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKBJLOz28!~~_1.jpg
    !BSC-JjgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKBJLOz28!~~_1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010212.jpg
    P1010212.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010214.jpg
    P1010214.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010215.jpg
    P1010215.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 0
Lacoste - Made in Peru/France

I have 2 questions regarding lacoste. First is about clothes made in Peru. I saw a lot of them on auctions but I am afraid to buy them. I know Lacoste really makes clothes in Peru, but are they 100% same like the "Made in France" ?
And I mean :
- materials and quality
- collections/models ? Are they the same or different for each region ?
- are prices the same ?

Second is regarding authenticity and collection:

This is tag from authentic t-shirt from good shop -> new collection.
http://upload.csrune.com/files/lacost1262.jpg
This is from auction :
http://upload.csrune.com/files/lacost2517.jpg

The tag is different.Theres not even color on the second one. What is the reason ? Fake, seller choice or collection/type of shirt ?
If I want exactly the type of the shirt from the shop to buy on auction, what should I want from the seller ? CAIMAN ? L1212 ? R02803 ?
Thanks for help :flower:

edit: I just found post on different forum :
"t should starts with LXXXX XX XXX XX
Men:
L1212 - short sleeve pique
L1312 - long sleeve pique

Women:
PF168 or PF168E - short sleeve stretch pique
PF368E - classic long sleeve pique

51 - Peru factory (Central and North American market)
?? - India factory (Middle East, Asia, and some European countries)
?? - France factory (very rarely seen outside of France or western Europe)

some popular colors:

001 - white
031 - black
166 - navy
107 - yellow
240 - red
132 - green
476 - bordeaux
TO3 - flamingo
NSX - lawn green
TO1 - till blue
8LX - pearl
NXU - coastal blue
CBK - aegean blue

Size:
T3 - XS
T4 - S
T5 - M
T6 - L
T7 - XL
T8 - XXL

Thus, a Men's short sleeve pique yellow Peru made shirt in size small should read: L1212 51 107 T4"

Does that mean, that **** is selling WOMAN polos and he call them "for man" ?

Lacoste croc so different ? bbclothing.co.uk ?

Hello,
I am really confused about this. Its sorta authentic question, sorta online shopping and sorta WTF ?!?:blink: so I made a new thread.
I was looking for some sites which sells lacoste, armani... etc. in europe and I found bbclothing.co.uk . Its a big site from UK, there are few links from this forum to that site... So I guess it cant be fake right ?
But WTF are those different crocs on lacoste clothing ?
few pictures I took from their goods :
lcswtf616.PNG

What is that ? I would maybe understand a little different croc for knit and for polos... but what is that super ugly croc on the black knit jumper ?!? And tracksuit top with sharp tail like sword and bottom with a mace ? Is it normal ? Is it fake ? Should I buy there ? I dont understand it :cry:

The knitwear is defiantly fake. Look at the stitching on it! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->