The 'Authentication' Thread

Personally, I wouldn't buy from a user with zero feedback. You have no idea what type of seller they are or if you'll get the item at all, let alone the authenticity of it.

Oh yeah. I forgot to say I am hesitant because it's made of rayon and polyester and that seems kind of odd for something so expensive.

Oh yeah. I forgot to say I am hesitant because it's made of rayon and polyester and that seems kind of odd for something so expensive.
Now, I can't authenticate it, but I wouldn't rule it out based on that--Missoni is huge on polyester, rayon and that sort of thing. In fact: "A Missoni dress is as recognizable to fashion insiders as a Picasso painting is instantly known to lovers of art. The delicate, woven rayon fabric that has been the Missoni signature for more than 50 years has been shaped and twisted into thousands of different gowns, blouses, and even swimwear." That's from Factio magazine...

i'm no missoni expert either but i agree with jennifer..
you can't rule it out based on the material..

also, polyester is losing it's bad reputation..
sort of :P

c53b_1.JPG

c5cb_1.JPG

ebay.com
See by Chloe top
The sellers said it was from the current collection. I like it but I'm not sure if it is real.

Marc by Marc Jacobs

I don't quite know if this is the most appropriate thread, but I need some advice from MJ experts. I'm totally in love with the MBMJ Alessandra dress in red and custards, but I arrived late to the game, I guess, so I'm trying my luck with Ebay. I found this listing, but it kinda confuses me (bad sign!) but do you guys think it's a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-CUSTARD-*****-BOW-ALESSANDRA-DRESS-SIZE-UK-8-US4_W0QQitemZ320272142374QQihZ011QQcategoryZ15724QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a pair of Juicy Couture terry shorts from shopbop.com for sports and lounging around. I paid $39 (they were on sale), and the tag attached says $78... so it was 50% off.
The same shorts, on juicycouture.com, are priced at $99, on sale from an original price of $110.
The shorts seem authentic to me...I don't know...but it's weird that the ORIGINAL price on the Juicy tag varies from shopbop.com to juicycouture.com.
HELP!

I ordered a pair of Juicy Couture terry shorts from shopbop.com for sports and lounging around. I paid $39 (they were on sale), and the tag attached says $78... so it was 50% off.
The same shorts, on juicycouture.com, are priced at $99, on sale from an original price of $110.
The shorts seem authentic to me...I don't know...but it's weird that the ORIGINAL price on the Juicy tag varies from shopbop.com to juicycouture.com.
HELP!

If you purchased from shopbop.com it's authentic!

Hey hey, I have this Gucci jacket I bought 'vintage', and I think it's nice quality, and it looks like someone's tried to test to see if it is genuine or not because there are like rips in the lining and stuff, as if they were checking the stitching(????)
To authenticate my Armani Collezioni suit I used an eBay guide which was really helpful - telling of all the details a genuine Armani Collezioni suit should have (no flap pockets, no logo-lining etc etc)
Does anyone have any details about what a genuine Gucci blazer should have?
love

I picked this up at a thrift store a few months ago, I liked the fit because it's nice and snug and shows off my waist, and the color on me so I got it, but now I'm also wondering if it's a fake or not, so pics are included here to see if anyone would know for sure. The store had like five of these in the same color, and I haven't been able to find a reference anywhere to this Ralph Lauren Sport label. If anyone knows for sure how to tell and can let me know that would be great, thanks!

Attachments

• P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010086.JPG
    P1010086.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
can other brits pls help me out? thanks in advance.
there's a mall in birmingham named bullring and there's a shop named Sports World. It carries a lot of YSL stuff in the stores, sweaters and polo shirts etc. a tshirt would just cost 5 pounds. the label doesnt say where it is made.

do u guys think the stuff they sell is authentic?

Store called Sports World...sells YSL...for 5 pounds...doesn't add up.

Tag;

23htand.jpg

Label front;
e5sn43.jpg

Label back;
2dbmiio.jpg

Label;
15qrscm.jpg

Item;
2dguphk.jpg

Sighh I'm pretty sure this is fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person assures me it's authentic, says even to put it through 'detection'.

Can someone please help me out here.

Before I commit to buying, do you think this bag is fake? I'm leery since the same item sells for 10x more on ebay, and this seller seems to have 8. Still... I haven't heard of many fakes for Dior Homme, unless thats the new thing everyone's knocking off now.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/67040096

Before I commit to buying, do you think this bag is fake? I'm leery since the same item sells for 10x more on ebay, and this seller seems to have 8. Still... I haven't heard of many fakes for Dior Homme, unless thats the new thing everyone's knocking off now.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/67040096

i don't know much about ioffer but from what little i know i was under the impression that they sell replicas.. and i don't think i saw "authentic" written anywhere on the page...

there is an ioffer thread in the handbag forum... maybe you should check that out?

daniel i wish i could help but i don't know enough about dolce & gabbana clothes...
the one dress i have has a white fabric label with blk writing... but maybe yours is blk with white writing because it's mens?...
i'm really no expert though... :ermm:
sorry :unsure:

Thank you for trying Chrissy. I'm pretty sure it's fake now, saw an item in Next today with exactly the same design but with a darker fabric and different buttons. Very strange.
I still like it though, hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->