The Best & Worst Catwalkers

Ok, so I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this like the best and the worst back to back. MCB opening and Natalie Westling coming second.

MCB is a legend, I like how she switches up the tempo and energy according to the brand. Nathan and the model that followed just took is down.
I dont know how to attach Youtube but Aliet does also have an interesting walk thats both Whimsical and strong at the same time. Remind sme of early 2000s stompers.

Selena’s walk is so lazy. At Tom Ford, it seems she is doing that for obligation

This might be a controversial statement but I think models’ walks have improved significantly over the past few seasons. Sure, you don’t see many models doing the Y2K Giselle Bundchen strut, but I don’t think that’s the style anymore? (even if the clothes say otherwise)

I think most models can now walk with confidence and composure, even under treacherous conditions (in Milan, there were a lot of floor-length dresses with silhouettes that constricted and danced between the ankles, styled with the highest heels; I’m surprised more models didn’t fall!)

This might be a controversial statement but I think models’ walks have improved significantly over the past few seasons. Sure, you don’t see many models doing the Y2K Giselle Bundchen strut, but I don’t think that’s the style anymore? (even if the clothes say otherwise)

I think most models can now walk with confidence and composure, even under treacherous conditions (in Milan, there were a lot of floor-length dresses with silhouettes that constricted and danced between the ankles, styled with the highest heels; I’m surprised more models didn’t fall!)
Now I think about it, all of the models that have been walking the last few seasons, Jenner and the Hadids included, are pretty good walkers, even the newer ones. It's obviously a different walk than the 90s half-dance and the 00s stomp, but they've definitely mastered how to walk with relative poise. The only weak link in this generation is Steinberg and even their walk has its charm. This is a vast improvement from the mid/late-10s girls, who tottered more than they walked.

I used to think Suvi and Lara had such horrible walks but I kind of miss it. It's just character

a perfect, relaxing walk from Cara Taylor, who is maybe the best walker in the biz

I was really against her initially, but Amelia Gray reliably serves c*** in every show she walks.

^^ that is seriously the last thing I want to see on a runway.. someone in some 'sErViNg c*Nt'/rupaul/ANTM/local mall trip entering parody territory. It cheapens clothes the way clumsy walks (e.g. Lara Stone's), surprisingly, do not.

What do you think about Colin Jones?

The same way I feel about Brandi Quinones and even Shalom Harlowe's walks, it's all about "Look at me, I'm so fierce," rather than making the clothes look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->