The Best & Worst Catwalkers

Cara Taylor’s walk is so good ! Her with this even shorter hair and that walk is incredible. No idea why she isn’t getting casted as much anymore. Steinberg’s walk and presence is like she’s on her way to kill somebody and I don’t like that.

I wonder when the next wave of models will start ? This era in fashion is mostly depressing on a whole.

Cara Taylor’s walk is so good ! Her with this even shorter hair and that walk is incredible. No idea why she isn’t getting casted as much anymore. Steinberg’s walk and presence is like she’s on her way to kill somebody and I don’t like that.

I wonder when the next wave of models will start ? This era in fashion is mostly depressing on a whole.

I noticed that too. She is not getting cast much and she is terrific! Powerful and feminine.

I agree with your assessment of Steinberg. She walks like a mean little girl who is late for school. She doesn't look like woman. She looks like a little girl. Selena Forrest is soo boring she could put you to sleep. I don't get these casting directors.

I noticed that too. She is not getting cast much and she is terrific! Powerful and feminine.

I agree with your assessment of Steinberg. She walks like a mean little girl who is late for school. She doesn't look like woman. She looks like a little girl. Selena Forrest is soo boring she could put you to sleep. I don't get these casting directors.

Yes, Steinberg has this brattish Wednesday Addams vibe going on. I like Wednesday as a character, not a model. :rofl:

I, too, don’t understand these casting directors and designers/fashion houses lately. It’s interesting that this is who Gen Z seemingly responds to. Maybe I am just too much of a millennial to understand the appeal, haha.

I agree with your assessment of Steinberg. She walks like a mean little girl who is late for school. She doesn't look like woman. She looks like a little girl.

I'm afraid that this is exactly what casting directors want nowadays. This trend has actually been around for long, starting maybe with Sasha Pivovarova or even earlier. Too bad it looks like it's here to stay. Where did the gold old era of women supermodels go? Are we gonna see a its return in our lifetime?

I'm afraid that this is exactly what casting directors want nowadays. This trend has actually been around for long, starting maybe with Sasha Pivovarova or even earlier. Too bad it looks like it's here to stay. Where did the gold old era of women supermodels go? Are we gonna see a its return in our lifetime?

I stumbled across this and while it's not strictly about catwalk the chronology provides a pretty decent picture of how runway has changed...

90's and the very early 2000's were the best, if you ask me. And the music in this video kinda tells.

I also wanted to add that, though I don't hate Steinberg as most people seem to, I think that she's quintessential to the modern runway trend, looking childish and angry. But, being the epitome of this trend, she could as well mark the end of it. (Or one can always hope, right)?

Out of the present generation of models, I couldn't agree more that Malika Louback seems to be the clear standout. She's easily a natural, despite her arm movements sometimes distracting from the outfit. However, I feel that not enough people talk about Anok Yai's runway improvement. I thought her walk to be quite bleak when she first started with Prada, but in 2022, she's a star in every show she books.
*EDIT: Ugh, forgot to mention her, but Barbara Valente moves so effortlessly well on the runway, too. Another fave.

Steinberg is undoubtedly the worst out of the new gen, LOL. Their posture is my biggest problem - from the side, you can visibly tell they're leaning straight forward in an effort to walk as quickly as possible, and it comes off looking as if they're in a rush to get to their next class before the late bell rings.

Out of the runway vets, apart from the obvious (Imaan!!!!!!!), Vittoria and Cara T. are my two favorites. So smooth, all the while keeping the main focus on the outfit, rather than the girls who forcefully move body parts around so they can become the center of attention.

I feel with a season or two more of experience under her belt, Avanti Nagrath could become a HUGE runway knockout. She's already got a solid walk down, especially for being a newcomer, but can occasionally flail her arms around on the runway to the point where it seems forced/robotic.

Last edited:
Malika Louback is getting up there with Imaan Hammam in my book because they both have this inner spark that jumps out at you. And I just found out Malika studied physics and mathematics to become an engineer. She’s smart and beautiful !

I agree about Anok Yai. She seemed weak on the runway her first seasons, but now she too is exuding something and it’s stunning. Very feline and elegant !

Yasmin Wijnaldum was a favourite of mine, but I feel it’s too much and, like you said, takes the focus off of the clothes and puts it on them. I agree with you on Cara Taylor and Vittoria !

I just checked Avanti and wow, she’s great ! Next season she’s going to be even more seasoned.

I have to say that I think a lot of the reason why the models don’t look womanly is because they are not casting them that way, but I also blame some of the designers for making clothes that are juvenile and silly which makes them look even younger. I mean maybe some models had to lie about their age resulting in them looking more mature for their age, but still.

Malika is beautiful. She has star written all over her. When I first saw Yasmin, I thought she was transgender because of her over the top walk. Then I realized she just giving it her all. I like her but sometimes I wish she would relax. Still she is distinctive.

Totally agree about Yasmin. I wonder what happened to her ?
Last time I checked on her, she seemed to be putting more of a focus on acting, but I haven’t seen any sort of casting announcement with her just yet. She’s also Thomas Doherty’s girlfriend, so that counts for something :ninja:

It's been a long time since I actually cared to watch a fashion show in motion so I'm not familiar with many of the new girls' walks, but there is one name I can add here with certainty - thee Tanya Dziahileva. A catwalk legend in my eyes! Miss her dearly.

It's been a long time since I actually cared to watch a fashion show in motion so I'm not familiar with many of the new girls' walks, but there is one name I can add here with certainty - thee Tanya Dziahileva. A catwalk legend in my eyes! Miss her dearly.

I always thought Tanya was like a cool glass of water - totally refreshing. Definitely loved seeing her on the runway.

Last time I checked on her, she seemed to be putting more of a focus on acting, but I haven’t seen any sort of casting announcement with her just yet. She’s also Thomas Doherty’s girlfriend, so that counts for something :ninja:

Humm, that’s interesting ! I knew she was dating that rapper a while ago so I wondered if that had anything to do with her not showing up as much.

Do casting directors even care about the walk? It seems like they are picking girls who take great pictures but don’t have that much presence on the runway and not casting girls who can bring it. Often, by the time you realize what a great runway model a model is, they are gone from the runway because they didn’t have enough covers.

I also think that Chanel, Fendi and Dior have made bad casting decisions and that other designers should quit trying to copy them. Steinberg is only a star because of Dior and she sucks. When Chanel and Fendi stop casting a model suddenly others follow suit and her career tanks. These people make bad decisions all the time. They don’t deserve that much power. Chanel really doesn’t like edgy models either.

i love Steinberg's walk and her death stare. It reminds me Sasha Pivovarova.
I Don't get the hype around Selena Forrest... mediocre model.. and now she's an industry icon lol
( also Nora Attal is industy icon now. Nothing against her but she's a weak model :(rofl:

Last edited:
it's sad to see good models starting to fade: Fran Summers, Cara Taylor, Aylah Peterson, Birgit, Luna etc

Lila Moss definitely one of the worst. Just looks lost all the time.

Ok, so I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this like the best and the worst back to back. MCB opening and Natalie Westling coming second.

Ok, so I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this like the best and the worst back to back. MCB opening and Natalie Westling coming second.

The second I saw Nathan walk out, I started cackling. He used to walk for Ghesquiére's Louis Vuitton as Natalie, but after his work slowed down immensely after his transition (and the hype that came after it) because he wasn't tall enough by male modelling standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->