The Future of Valentino

loss of a significant couturier within contemporary fasion.. alas... Garavani Valentino will be cemented as a maven of his generation in conjuction with other visionaries such as John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld and Alexander Mcqueen.

honestly,it would be appropriate,true or false. imo,his work is getting really rather redundant;stale actually,these days,and he's getting up there in age too(70-ish,non?)..

Valentino is not an avant-garde, cutting edge designer like Galliano, etc., but he creates beautiful clothes. Not costumes, but clothes.

At that, he is simply the best and he deserves respect and admiration for his skill.

this probably sounds horrible, but im kind of glad he's retiring:ninja:
valentino had his run, but his house is dying for some new blood and ideas.

Valentino is not an avant-garde, cutting edge designer like Galliano, etc., but he creates beautiful clothes. Not costumes, but clothes.

At that, he is simply the best and he deserves respect and admiration for his skill.

Agree

He has a large clientèle and he doesn't need to create a fresh collection if his clientèle feels the need for a fresh Valentino look. If he is being repetitive is simply because the people that actually buy his Couture and his ready to wear don't want a change in his design sense. The consistency of his collection is what actually brings in the cash.

Tom Ford is his preffable succsessor according to an article in W

:blink: Didn't you say that your Mother styled the Chanel ads? :innocent::huh::unsure:
If Tom Ford is Valentino's preferable successor, then Anna Wintour does my laundry :innocent:

merging this thread with the already existing one on the future of valentino...

you are such an ediot no offence, but she did style a test shot with chanel clothes last year and so. If you read W you will understand what i was saying. You know what, ill even scan the qoute. Jesus, some people honestly.

I wouldn't be bothered if he retired. His work is so insignificant and uninspired compared to where fashion is at right now.

you are such an ediot no offence, but she did style a test shot with chanel clothes last year and so. If you read W you will understand what i was saying. You know what, ill even scan the qoute. Jesus, some people honestly.

:innocent: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->