Valentino - The All-Things Valentino Thread

Frederic01

Reaction score
Interesting Project with Vintage and Archive Valentino Pieces...

Valentino Takes Vintage Project to the Next Phase
The brand partnered with four international secondhand stores to offer a selection of the Valentino vintage garments collected in stage one.

SANDRA SALIBIAN June 8, 2022, 3:51 AM

VALENTINO-VINTAGE-MADAME-PAULINE-2.jpeg
Valentino's takeover of Pauline Vintage in Milan. MARCO ERBA/COURTESY OF VALENTINO

TAKE TWO: Valentino kicked off the second phase of its Valentino Vintage project on Tuesday.

The initiative was launched in October 2021, when the brand encouraged owners of Valentino vintage pieces to submit them at selected secondhand shops in exchange for store credit to use on new Valentino collections.

Now the Roman fashion house is offering a selection of the Valentino vintage garments collected, as well as some pieces hailing from its archives, at four international secondhand shops it partnered with.

In Milan, the brand confirmed its tie-up with Pauline Vintage, sealed with a visual takeover of the central retailer, including a temporary café.

While the takeover in Milan will run through June 12, coinciding with the end of the local Design Week, the ones of The Vintage Dress in Tokyo, New York Vintage in New York and Resurrection Vintage in Los Angeles will run for an additional week.

In collaboration with Valentino’s archive team in Rome, each location offers a consultation service for customers requesting information concerning a Valentino garment.

Intended to tap into the booming resale and secondhand market while creating loyalty between the brand and its consumers, the Valentino Vintage project will also see a third phase, which the company teased will involve fashion schools.

The house sees the initiative as tapping into the circular fashion model. To be sure, sustainability is a key topic for the brand, which has increasingly been focusing on environmental issues, including committing to going fur-free starting from 2022 and alpaca-free starting with the spring 2022 season. Earlier this year it also unveiled the Open for a Change sneaker for men and women made with recycled elements, and joined the Sustainable Aviation Fuel corporate program promoted by Air France and KLM to curb its business trips’ carbon footprint.

As reported, the company recently launched “Creating Shared Value,” a section on its website detailing its conscious-driven business model.
WWD

Valentino used to be so magical, they would be dumb to let such legacy be forgotten…

Valentino is returning to the Milan Menswear Shows:
Valentino Returning to Milan Men’s Fashion Week in June
After three years of staging coed shows, creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli is opting for a dedicated menswear show.

By LUISA ZARGANI
MAY 15, 2023, 4:33AM

MILAN — Valentino is shining the light on its menswear category by breaking away from the coed format of the past three years and staging a dedicated fashion show in Milan.

Dubbed Valentino The Narratives, the show will be held on June 16 at 2 pm CET at the Università degli Studi di Milano Statale. The event will kick off Milan Fashion Week, scheduled to run until June 20.

While the women’s and couture collections have been traditionally unveiled in Paris, this move is actually a return to the house’s roots, as founder Valentino Garavani staged his first menswear show in Milan in January 1985.

The Narratives will be streamed live on Valentino.com and through the house’s social channels, and the university’s students will be able to experience the show on site, reflecting creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli’s aim to be increasingly inclusive and to reach out to younger generations.

During the pandemic, Piccioli staged the Valentino Collezione Milano and Valentino Act Collection in Milan.

Piccioli and Valentino’s chief executive officer Jacopo Venturini have been focusing on boosting the brand’s menswear visibility and significance over the past few seasons, through special initiatives and partnering with influential brand ambassadors such as much-loved member of the BTS boy band Suga, joining the company’s ambassadors called Di.Vas, an acronym that stands for Different Values, as well as Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton and singer Li Ronghao.

In 2022, the house launched the Maison Valentino Essentials, a selection of timeless yet continuously evolving staples, as codes of Piccioli’s creative vision, and the project will continue through this year.

Venturini told WWD last month that menswear last year represented 14 percent of sales, and that he sees “great opportunities” in this segment. When asked about gender-fluid designs embraced by Piccioli potentially losing steam, the executive did not see any comparison or conflict.

Other luxury brands, from Gucci and Versace to Givenchy and Moschino, have been moving away from the coed format, where often womenswear designs distract the attention from the men’s looks.

There are 75 Valentino stores that carry men’s and women’s collections, and 25 menswear-dedicated boutiques. Of those, 21 are shop-in-shops.

The distribution of menswear will be further extended next year in cities such as Paris; Shanghai; Nagoya, Japan; Wuhan, China; and New York, to name a few.

As reported, in the 12 months ended Dec. 31, sales at the Rome-based couture house reached 1.42 billion euros, climbing 15 percent compared with 1.23 billion euros in 2021.

In the 12 months ended Dec. 31, earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, including the IFRS 16 impact, amounted to 337 million euros, up 18 percent compared to 2021. Operating profit totaled 121 million euros, climbing 30 percent compared with 2021.
Source: WWD

Also, their Fall'23 Couture show will be held at Chateau de Chantilly:
Valentino to Stage Next Couture Show at Château de Chantilly

The show will take place on July 5 at 7.30 p.m. CET at the historic estate 30 miles north of Paris.

By MARTINO CARRERA
MAY 22, 2023, 12:01AM

MILAN — Valentino seems to a have a penchant for the roving show format.

The Roman house said its next couture show for the fall 2023 season will be staged at the Château de Chantilly, a historic 14th-century estate located in the namesake town, 30 miles north of Paris.

The runway event will take place on July 5 at 7.30 p.m. CET amid Paris Couture Week, which is slated for July 3 to 6. The off-site event is to be part of the official couture calendar, which has yet to be released.

The opulence of the location — replete with a hallway maze, lavish party salons, Renaissance-era paintings and jewelry — could be a hint of creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli’s direction for the collection.

The château comprises two adjoining buildings including the Petit Château, built around 1560 for Anne de Montmorency, and the Grand Château, which was destroyed during the French Revolution and rebuilt in the 1870s. It is surrounded by lush French-style gardens featuring extensive parterres, water features, pavilions and even a waterfall.

The estate is owned by the Institut de France and is open to the public.

As reported last week, Valentino revealed it is breaking away from the coed format of the past three years and will stage a dedicated men’s fashion show kicking off Milan Men’s Fashion Week on June 16.

Although Valentino has traditionally presented its couture collections in Paris, it also embraced several destinations across the seasons — including some further away from Paris.

Last summer Valentino’s “The Beginning” couture show for fall 2022 was held in Rome between Piazza Mignanelli, home to the company’s storied headquarters, and the nearby Spanish Steps. The Roman landmark at sunset provided a cinematic backdrop for Piccioli’s wondrous and dreamy couture designs sported by a diverse cast of models to a performance by Labrinth.

In July 2021, the “Valentino Des Ateliers” fall 2021 couture show was held in Venice at the Gaggiandre at the Arsenale in Venice and before that, restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic drove Piccioli to hold Valentino’s fall 2020 couture show, “Of Grace and Light,” in July that year at the Cinecittà studios outside Rome in front of a very small group of journalists.

In January 2021, as Italy faced a new wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the spring couture show was unveiled digitally, and called “Code Temporal.” It consisted of a presentation conceived by the designer in a dialogue with British artist, musician, singer and songwriter Robert Del Naja, also known as 3D, and a founding member of the band Massive Attack. Piccioli selected the 14th-century Palazzo Colonna in Rome to stage the show.

Valentino is returning to the Milan Menswear Shows:

Also, their Fall'23 Couture show will be held at Chateau de Chantilly:

Hopefully this means more direction for their menswear which has been such a non-factor in the luxury fashion arena. I wish he would stop the streetwear push and also pick better ambassadors.

The menswear hasn't had anything splurge worthy in ages. The pink was way too gimmicky.

Hopefully this means more direction for their menswear which has been such a non-factor in the luxury fashion arena. I wish he would stop the streetwear push and also pick better ambassadors.

The menswear hasn't had anything splurge worthy in ages. The pink was way too gimmicky.
In truth, Valentino as a brand needs to grow up a little. Their whole brand image is a mess:
• their Couture collections are one-note saccharine concoctions that look like they were designed by a six-year-old (do we really feathers, tulle and pastels for each collection?)
• their ready-to-wear collections are nondescript and bland
• their menswear strategy seems to be nonexistent (no, seriously what is this?!) and I haven't seen anything offered in stores either

It's like Giambattista Valli, but with an annoying fabricated social message behind it: "Ooh, edgy, tattooed rebels in couture? How transgressive and original!"

I will, however, praise them for being able to fit larger models without any obscene fit issues, but that's a testament to the atelier's skills rather than PPP or the C-suite.

I just wish that Pier Paolo would separate the couture artistic direction to RTW.
Im thinking of making the couture like the old Valentino- glamorous, sexy and luxurious with Nan Kempner as a client look…

I could only dream

We're barely settled in 2024 and already musical chair drama is escalating. Weird, did he get better offer or just got tired? I was honestly convinced he will be there forever giving the conditions of work and quite steady sales...

His latest collection ( FW24 ) was good. It was all black...which implied a swan song.

He did a great job overall.
He can be proud of his work and the executives can be happy that they got him instead of MGC.

As Kering is a bit more than involved with Valentino now, I can see Sarah Burton taking over.
After all, she didn’t have a bitter exit like all the previous Kering designers.

I wish Yvan Mispelaere is considered too.

I can’t wait to see what’s next for PPP.

There are quite a lot of High Profile free agents designers now and I expect a lot of musical chairs going forward.

I wonder if Pinault is not mad he got Ancora instead of PPP

I wish Yvan Mispelaere is considered too.
Ahh.. Yvan Mispeleare. Isn't he Valentino design director? he is the perfect candidate, he clearly understand Haute Couture.
Or maybe Gabriele Cusimano, if they want to hire someone younger from inside the atelier.

Personaly, i'm scared if they aiming the likes of Robert Wun. because we all can see some designers who are social media darling ..because they are "viral" & "sensational" take the helm for heritage brands.
Just look at Harris Reed of Nina Ricci..haha..

But since Mr. Garavani still pretty much alive, the new creative director should got the "Bless" from the man itself.
Maybe i'm just based from the Valentino: The Last Emperor documentary. I believe when Mr. Garavani doesn't give fully acceptance for the new cd ,they won't last long.
And i'm pretty sure when they presenting the new collection in front of Mr.Garavani, they don't want to give him heart attack.

Sarah makes sense at V because they are in need of an actual menswear presentation.

this is wonderful news business wise. The lady who buys mcqueen also buys valentino - so this is brilliant.

It also means Im excited for Valentino Uomo! It also means they gutted McQ for Valentino!

Nah...a pug as Valentino CD sounds better!!

posters-hand-drawn-fashion-illustration-of-pug-dog-with-sunglasses-vector-isolated-elements.jpg

pixers.pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->