Valentino - The All-Things Valentino Thread

Thank god. Bring back Alessandra Facchinetti.

They didn’t love her.
She would be better at Armani.

The approval of Giammetti still has weight.
They didn't love or appreciate her for sure. She would totally be fabulous at Armani, unless they want a full makeover which I doubt.

ralphrucci: “Hello, I would like to apply for this position. I have 45 years of experience within the metier of haute couture.“

Mr Garavani said that shade with his chest. Fabulous.

Still happy PPP is out, though !!!

Valentino facial expression next to PPP says it all...

I think Ralph for Valentino is a good idea. Maybe someone for RTW, and him for Couture line....This may sound crazy but somehow it works. Focus on the top line and use the image Couture built to sell sunglasses, sneakers and big logo T-shirts. :lol:

I think Ralph for Valentino is a good idea. Maybe someone for RTW, and him for Couture line....This may sound crazy but somehow it works. Focus on the top line and use the image Couture built to sell sunglasses, sneakers and big logo T-shirts. :lol:
That’s what Dior wanted to do when they approached Alaia when Galliano was fired.
But I think it can be dangerous no? I mean of the RTW surprisingly end up being superior than the Couture, it would be embarrassing for the Couturier no?
But your comment made me realize that Valentino doesn’t rely on merch. And that is great!
Tbh, their distribution couldn’t handle it.

I strongly believe that the best way to rely on logo merch is if you have a very selective distribution.

Menswear and Couture shows have been cancelled:

They didn't love or appreciate her for sure. She would totally be fabulous at Armani, unless they want a full makeover which I doubt.
Isn't it pretty obvious that Armani will go to L'Oréal when Giorgio passes away? And that the L'Oréal heir really loves and wants Hedi Slimane ?

Isn't it pretty obvious that Armani will go to L'Oréal when Giorgio passes away? And that the L'Oréal heir really loves and wants Hedi Slimane ?
Really ??? That would be interesting ......

You thinks that the Arnault would let him leave without a fight?
And given the high standards of Slimane, Armani with Emporio, EA7 and Armani Exchange is far from attractive now.

You thinks that the Arnault would let him leave without a fight?
And given the high standards of Slimane, Armani with Emporio, EA7 and Armani Exchange is far from attractive now.
Without a fight certainly not, not right now, but in 5 years ? And JV Meyers is a real fan of Hedi.
EA7 & Armani Exchange have already been discontinued in many markets...

Without a fight certainly not, not right now, but in 5 years ? And JV Meyers is a real fan of Hedi.
EA7 & Armani Exchange have already been discontinued in many markets...
Oh yes! It’s true! I totally forgot that Meyers is deely involved in the business now, unlike his mother.
Is he the one who had a brand not so long ago? I remember a brand quite in the spirit of Hedi’s permanent collection for YSL.

I know Hedi is a talented creative director but I can’t imagine him leaving Celine to just do the same thing elsewhere. What would be the added value there?

Oh yes! It’s true! I totally forgot that Meyers is deely involved in the business now, unlike his mother.
Is he the one who had a brand not so long ago? I remember a brand quite in the spirit of Hedi’s permanent collection for YSL.

I know Hedi is a talented creative director but I can’t imagine him leaving Celine to just do the same thing elsewhere. What would be the added value there?
The added-value for the fashion world in general ? maybe not that much... but for L'Oreal a lot more, in cash and in fashion credibility.
And I think Hedi is smart and capable enough to adapt to an Italian-Armani style. And he loves challenges too, he proves it thrice: the complete relaunch of Dior Homme, then his womenswear at YSL, and the complete recreation of a global brand from A to Z with Celine.

I’ve always maintained that Hedi would be good for Armani. He’s a perfect fit to inject vitality to the brand. Plus the whole setup from couture to beauty is there for him. He doesn’t need to move the needle too because Armani can be quite “repetitive”. If only the diffusions don’t exist. I don’t think he likes those.

Why would he leave Celine though? It’s a crowning achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->