The Future of Valentino

Yea IMG was purchased last year for 700 something million by a private equity firm...as if Forstmann needs more money. lol...

I wish he won't leave- Valentino needs to stay at Valentino...

I agree no ones knows how design a line like the original designer. I like what valentino does I hope stays on a few more years.
Does anyone know if his sublines have mens clothes or is it just the mainline?
Anywhere online?

he's not retiring just yet...from wwd...

Don't get ready to say arrivederci to Valentino just yet.

After a press conference here Wednesday to reveal details of the designer's 45th anniversary celebrations in July, Giancarlo Giammetti, his longtime business partner, forcefully insisted the show is a celebration, not a farewell.

"It will not be Valentino's last," Giammetti told WWD, again batting away speculation the designer would use the occasion to step down. The rumors only increased following Italian investment fund Permira's purchase of a majority stake in Valentino Fashion Group, the design house's parent, last month.

Giammetti insisted the new ownership structure will have little impact on his role or that of Valentino. "We have a bulletproof contract; nothing has changed," he said.

His comments followed those he and Valentino made to WWD last week reiterating they had no plans to retire — while at the same time indicating how the house might be structured in the future. Valentino Fashion Group has been searching for a potential replacement for the designer for the last two years, but with no success.

"I'm not thinking of retirement," Valentino told WWD last week. "In the future, we'll see. I love my work too much. There's still a lot to do."

Giammetti last week called Valentino irreplaceable and downplayed the succession issue. "Valentino is Valentino. Valentino is the man behind the brand and its creative force," he said, adding that any other designer brought into the mix would merely be a creative director and not an outright replacement for Valentino.

Meanwhile, the presence of Matteo Marzotto, president of Valentino SpA, at Wednesday's press conference also indicated there might not be any major management changes afoot. "You don't change a winning team, do you?" said the executive, who sold his shares to Permira through the Marzotto family's financial vehicle, ICG. "There is excellent chemistry [with Permira]."

The investment fund currently owns 53.6 percent of VFG and plans to launch a bid for the remainder at a potential total cost of $3.5 billion. In addition to Valentino, VFG owns a majority of Hugo Boss.

i think Faccinetti could be really cool at valentino. i mean as much as i love valentino and his point of view and as much as i respect the history of the company, ITS TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW. and i love love LOVE women at the helm of fashion houses. i hope she gets it.

but i am torn about valentino goin to lower price points. i guess i will have to see the products...

It's so difficult when a name becomes a brand and the designer no longer owns their last name. He could call himself Herbert or Fabrizio or Joe Smith for all I care - I'd still feel the same way about his work! :heart:

Oops - is this thread about the future of the house that is no longer his - "Valentino", or are we talking about the man?

Last edited by a moderator:
Valentino announces his retirement

'VALENTINO HAS ANNOUNCED HIS RETIREMENT FROM THE DESIGN WORLD THIS YEAR, BUT NOT BEFORE SHARING A HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED, HAUTE COUTURE COLLECTION IN ROME.

A THREE-DAY COUTURE EXTRAVAGANZA CELEBRATING HIS 45TH ANNIVERSARY.

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 17 YEARS, VALENTINO WILL PRESENT IN ROME THE FALL/WINTER HAUTE COUTURE COLLECTION. THE EVENTS WILL TAKE PLACE AGAINST THE SCENERY OF SOME OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT HISTORICAL STRUCTURES AND CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS OF ROME.

CATWALK SHOWS, A LAUNCH OF THE NEW VALENTINO'S PERFUME, "ROCK 'N' ROSE COUTURE", A BANQUET WITH FINAL SPEECHES AND A GRAND BALL, OVER 1,000 A-LIST GUESTS WILL ATTEND THE 3 DAYS CELEBRATION; AMONGST THEM ARE VALENTINO'S FRIENDS, LEADING FIGURES FROM THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS AND STARS LIKE GWYNETH PALTROW, SARAH JESSICA PARKER, CLAUDIA SCHIFFER, DONALD AND MELANIA TRUMP, ELLE MCPHERSON, MERYL STREEP, PRINCESS CAROLINE OF MONACO AND MANY MORE.'
[FTV.com]

when is he going to name his successor.

It's sad that he's retiring, but his designs have been getting kinda repetitive.

He's officially retired? Why aren't we hearing this in a press release?

^Okay, I thought FTV jumped the gun a little bit. (However, I wouldn't be surprised if he did take this as his oppurtunity to retire, even with his recent comments.)

any ideas about models he is going to use during his show?

I think he creates the most feminine collection in the history of fashion ...

^Okay, I thought FTV jumped the gun a little bit. (However, I wouldn't be surprised if he did take this as his oppurtunity to retire, even with his recent comments.)

I wouldnt be surprised either but...I hope he wont retire anytime soon

^^I third that!I hope he dosent retire,i actually thought this is official. :(

^And I fourth it. I don't want him to retire. I know it has to happen eventually, but I hope it won't any time soon :cry:

honestly,it would be appropriate,true or false. imo,his work is getting really rather redundant;stale actually,these days,and he's getting up there in age too(70-ish,non?)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktlb123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->