Toteme S/S 2024 : Ida Heiner by Steven Meisel

He's working his magic for Toteme, and I love to see it! That's an excellent photo of Ida.

She looks like a hunchback with short legs thanks to that dress. Steven should know better than that.

Second pic looks like the Meisel's Max Mara era. I thought Vivienne Rohner was part of this campaign as well, but seems it's a single girl ad.

did they really need Meisel to produce this nice but bland photo?

Second pic looks like the Meisel's Max Mara era. I thought Vivienne Rohner was part of this campaign as well, but seems it's a single girl ad.

Vivienne's campaign was for Toteme's jewellery line, this is for the main clothes line.

Toteme campaigns can be quite good, sadly this is not one of them. Boring AH. Maybe some of these old photographers should retire if they're not feeling inspired anymore. Times change and this kind of photography seems outdated already.

Come to think of it, the super safe styling is what might be ruining this and not the photography. Toteme is a solid brand for basics with a twist, yet it has absolutely stand out, eye-catching pieces. The choices were just wrong, IMO, the stylist doesn't appreciate the brand.

Must be extremely easily pleased lately, because despite the general consensus within this thread, I am OBSESSED with this. Instantly took me back to the glory days of American Vogue when Meisel would shoot those exquisite studio stories, which had such richness and depth. This feels like a modern and fresh interpretation of said stories... and I'm loving it! :heart:

Im wondering what the inspo was for direction. As simplistic as it is, which can work; even with Meisel- it's flat.
And I really hate that we're all having to say that.

Who styled this campaign? Templer or MAS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmaximus89
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->