Tracy Anderson Method

I know I said I hate doing her mat workout, but my arms have never looked this good :rofl: that's why I keep doing it..

what I'd like to know is who of you all was an avid, regular exerciser before doing TA workouts?
I think someone said they did gym ex & yoga-but I just read thru 7pgs of this...:innocent:

I would lovetylove to give up some of my weights/yoga/running for something that was more bang for my buck, so to speak. I exercise a lot now & have a fitness & dance formal background so I'm wondering if it would be enough for me to see changes too or if it'd just be more of a X-training thing.
:flower:

I decided to give this a try after reading everyone's comments on here and... Ow. Ow. Ow ow ow. I can see how it gets results fast if you really follow it.

I exercise a lot now & have a fitness & dance formal background so I'm wondering if it would be enough for me to see changes too or if it'd just be more of a X-training thing.
:flower:

I think you should give it a try and see if it works for you. I did pilates before and while it kept me fit it never really gave me the kind of body I wanted. Maybe it's not the right workout for you, but at least you'll know.

:woot: I started the method today. I have the hipcentric one. It was great. I can feel that every muscle is working.I hope I can keep up with it and see results soon. I'm gonna start her eating plan tomorrow. :blink:

I was after some advice from you all :-) i am trying to decide between the hip or glute workout. I assume all 4 programs give a general 'all over' workout that will target my stomach etc (someone please correct me if i am wrong) but they are not enough of a concern to warrant purchasing the ab or omni. i am a petite hourglass shape but my concern is the 'saddlebag' (apologies if this is an australian term hehe) area and my love-handles. which program would be best?

or is there a different TA workout that someone would suggest for this area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does someone have a link for mat download?

I'm finally staring to work out since my school is finished.I'm excited!:smile:

I'm just curious how many times a week you do the workout? I haven't been doing it as much as I'd like, maybe only a couple of times a week, so I haven't seen any results. I know she recommends 5x a week, but that seems like so much!

etceteraism, I'm wondering the same thing. I've been doing the mat workout but sometimes I just do the arm portion. I do it a couple of times a week and the results are lacking. I know I should increase to at least four times a week but I'm lazy!
Also, are there more arm workouts I can find online (from the TA method)?

etceteraism,

To achieve good results you should do the workout 5-6 times a week. I did it 6 times a week and I really could see the changes.

there are couple of TA videos on this website which you can download, but you have to be signed up there.

2 times a week is not gonna cut it. The ideal is 6 days but I think 4-5 is more manageable.

Thanks everyone-I guess I'll just have to try hard to find time for it every day!

I'm attempting to do her treadmill workout...it's the hardest thing ever!

^ It does take a bit getting use to skipping on the treadmill. Do it to music.

I can't do the leaps cause my machine is old and I will kick the sofa if I try.

I just do extra side to side steps or the one knee up jumps.

if someone is interested i watched these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLD5TOi6g4&feature=related
(^introducing and warm-up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKk1rkFGoNQ&feature=related
(^this is more of the workout)

i personally think that it is better to do this
without trademill and go to streets
or wherever you run.
actually year ago i was in program
where we learned how to run right way etc.
and we did this kind of rehearsals
and it felt great and it was super fun.
it just looks funny and even dangerous on trademill
especially those leaps in 04:40
:D:lol:

I agree with you Jenna Maria, it looks funny and dangerous.
Doing this while running out door is better, I do it at the beggining or the end of a running session.
Though the more I hear about Tracy Anderson, the less I believe in her method. First of all, I don't find her body that athletic nor atractive wich is a major turn of.

^
agree!
i do not really believe in her method,
she just likes money.
you can do all this without paying money to get her
method workouts. do push-ups and use water bottles
(filled with water) or little weights and do some arm moves and
you get same results and it is cheap!
(that was just example)
and her work-outs are so hard to follow...
oh, and that silly diet she planned for her method.
it is all very...wierd.

yet again i have hard times to put my toughts in words
since english is not my mother language.

if someone is interested i watched these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLD5TOi6g4&feature=related
(^introducing and warm-up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKk1rkFGoNQ&feature=related
(^this is more of the workout)

This is THE treadmill workout. I try to do it at least 4 times a week. I don't think I could do it out while out in public. A person would probably look real silly. Anyway this has worked for me.

I would never do her diet plan. It's insane. Nobody is gonna make me give up chocolate and McDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->