Tracy Anderson Method

I feel like she is money hungry, too, and that is the main reason she recommends quite strictly to do only her work outs. Truth is you can do any kind of cardio, and the mat work out still works. It may be true, that you get results even faster with her cardio only, because it is pretty intense, but it is not the only way to do cardio no matter what she says.

And her mat workout may have some unique rotations and especially the arm routine is something I haven`t ever seen, but it is not the only method working. I still think people should exercise in the way which is even somewhat fun for them, forcing one to do something isn`t going to lead anywhere. To me it is fun now and it totally works, which makes it even more fun, but I think I will mix it up even more with other work outs since I`ve had to give my try out for it, haha, I am actually doing a research for myself, "does this really work as they all say"?

As I said above I do mainly something else than her dvd for cardio, but I keep up with the mat work out and mix it with Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown some rare days (or even add this work out to it), and it includes some lunge-like movements, and they haven`t done any harm to me, at least to say :D So do whatever suits you best, but her in her mat dvd the part for bum and legs is hard, so you may feel you don`t need your lunges, squats etc anymore :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I've learned a lot of people (myself included) do their own/different cardio, and just do her Muscular work. Others have had a lot of success doing her muscular work, and then Zumba,etc for cardio. I think what it comes down to is making it fun, and accessible for yourself.

I really suprised myself yesterday, I tought I try one more time to learn her dance routines one by one. So I rewinded the dvd, and went through the breadown like 3-4 times. Then I was able to do it on tempo and finally, I was able to do it with a song, I did it like three times, and then did zumba for my actual cardio.

I don`t know why I didn`t get the steps few years ago, they are not so hard, but the pace she is performing them is super fast. Maybe all the work with more coreographed aerobic has developed my foot work and cordination. But oh boy, she dances fast and so gracefully. I am going to keep up with one new routine per day, maybe sometimes next week I can do all the routines... But it is a different matter if I can do them all together, they really take me out of breath.

And btw, I used to complain about her non-existent cueing style, but now that I am doing her dvds almost daily, I really appreciate that she mostly shuts up :D Nothing is more annoying than remebering word by word what the instructor says next.

I am sorry to spam this thread frequently, but I just can`t help myself, got to share my TAM-week with you, guys.

So, I gave a chance for the dance cardio, and now I can do half of the routines. I still don`t do it as my main cardio, but I go through all the breakdowns from the beginning adding everyday the next routine (I need to do breakdowns more than once when I add a new one), and then I do them with the songs. I usually dance after my main cardio, as I feel I need to be extra warm before Tracy`s dance. I have amazed myself by learning all those steps quite effortlessy, noting I thought this was mission impossible two years ago. Now I think it is most important to do the moves correctly and gracefully (hopefully someday :D ), so after I have memorized the routines and the song part begins, I try to avoid looking at her too much. She goes so fast that I can`t do all the moves properly just as fast, so I do them on my own pace. I am adding speed while my footwork gets better.

It has really been fun to learn the routines and play a dancer on my living room, I love all the hops and leaps and whatever. But I will never do only this 6 times per week, no, no, that wouldn`t be fun anymore. But as soon as I learn all the routines I`ll do the whole cardio maybe 2 times per week, otherwise I stick on my zumba, Ministry of Sound pump it up-series and kickboxing-style cardio. It is a good mix, and can`t get bored.

For strenghtening I have been alternating her mat work out and post pregnancy dvd, adding arms webisode to the latter one. On Friday I did yoga meltdown, only, though.

Now I am wondering where I could order Metamorphosis from, it should be on EU-area...?

I was just wondering if any of you have read any blogs, where people who uses her workout-routines, show their before and after pictures? Just started with the mat routine myself, and I always think its fun to see before and after pictures of others ^_^

I've been doing the 30 min metamorphosis toning videos, switching up the routines, almost everyday for about a month now. Sometimes I do the cardio dancing, sometimes I run, etc., but been consistent with the toning routines. I think it's really working on my muscle tone, esp in the stomach and arms. I definitely get the money grubbing vibe from her which others have mentioned, yet her stuff is pretty effective...

And yes ^^ I have seen some of the before and afters, I think on her facebook page. Some are pretty incredible transformations really.

Have bit the bullet on this and the triple dvd set of TA's Dance Cardo, Total Cardio & Mat method I got on Amazon have arrived! Have been inspired by you guys to give it a shot so looking forward to getting stuck in. I am sure I will not last very long into but have to start somewhere...I won't be following her meal plan as it seems very restrictive but have the 'Clean & Lean' book and I am sticking to the principles of that.

I was tempted by Metamorphosis but these dvds were much cheaper and if I find I get stuck in and am getting somewhere I might get Metamorphosis afterwards. Also, I will be all over the place the next couple of months so it will be v. hard to get into a routine...they sound interesting though. Has anyone ever tried the Omnicentric version?

I was just wondering if any of you have read any blogs, where people who uses her workout-routines, show their before and after pictures? Just started with the mat routine myself, and I always think its fun to see before and after pictures of others ^_^

I have. It's interesting to see the different results people get with her method. I've seen some people completely transform, while others even when using her food guides don't seem to make much progress.
Can I post the links here?

ITA with everyone on the moneygrubby vibe. Her shakes,etc. I stopped going to her gym because I felt I was paying too much for what I was getting.

^please post them :flower:

I finally joined a gym...just because I was a bit bored of always working out at home, and managed to do a little of the treadmill work out at the gym.....people stared a bit but it felt pretty great, actually (the work out, not the staring).

I got to report my recent success with TAM for you, guys :D

I have been doing her programs (webisodes, post pregnancy and mat work outs) almost two months now. I have been pretty strict and done them 5 times per week, however I replaced her work outs with Yoga Meltdown couple times last week. I also do cardio from 45 min to 60 min daily. And one week I was off sick, only did two light work outs in the end of that week.

Results really are remarkable. I`m impressed how I have become smaller and leaner all over, and especially my arms and shoulders seem to like these routines. They are always the last ones to improve and now I noticed the first results in my upper body. My butt has seriously lifted up and muffin top has almost disappeared.

I know zumba and kickboxing (which I like to do as my cardio the most often) tone my body too, but the combination of these and TAM seem to be ideal for my body. I am going to keep using TAM and getting even better results in the future. I won`t need a gym card ever again!

Am I the only one doing TAM nowadays :lol:? Well, in case if someone is actually interested in, I`ve continued with her program, still combining it with zumba and body combat/body jam, and the results become more visible every week. I actually can see my abs now :woot: Hasn`t happen before with any kind of exersice,though I am lucky to have small waist and kinda hourglass figure. This is just a perfect strenghtening program for me.

Am I the only one doing TAM nowadays :lol:? Well, in case if someone is actually interested in, I`ve continued with her program, still combining it with zumba and body combat/body jam, and the results become more visible every week. I actually can see my abs now :woot: Hasn`t happen before with any kind of exersice,though I am lucky to have small waist and kinda hourglass figure. This is just a perfect strenghtening program for me.

no you're not ^_^ but i am not as consistent as you seem to be. I love hearing everybody's positive feedback though :flower:

no you're not ^_^ but i am not as consistent as you seem to be. I love hearing everybody's positive feedback though :flower:

Yay, happy to hear this :D

Sunn19, I know what you mean, she doesn`t have my ideal body either, but now I have finally learned to appreciate my personal best and Tracy combined to other work outs seem to give it to me.

You're not! I have just started her method two weeks ago. I'm doing her abs routine and sitting arms (pretty hard the first time :shock: but it gets easier). I try to do both everyday, 7/7. How long did you have to wait to see your abs? :P

Nor does her body inspire me. But, Gwyneth looks better than ever, and other celebs who allegedly do TAM, like Jennifer Lopez and Kate Hudson, also look great I think. Another one - Catt Sadler. Random I know but I think she has a great body -- feminine and toned -- and was just in Us weekly talking about TAM...

When I see her DVD I always wonder how being with Gwyneth didn´t rub any style on her. She´s so tackily made up and hair...How come you are with Gwyneth all day and not learn to class up her act a bit....

I know newpricesita! Eww she is always pouting as well its drives me crazy! But I do love what she does even if I dont agree with all of it! Ie the only 3 pounds debate.

Nor does her body inspire me. But, Gwyneth looks better than ever, and other celebs who allegedly do TAM, like Jennifer Lopez and Kate Hudson, also look great I think. Another one - Catt Sadler. Random I know but I think she has a great body -- feminine and toned -- and was just in Us weekly talking about TAM...

nah, me neither. but I think her frame isn't my ideal to begin with. I know a lot of trainers who don't have my dream body

You're not! I have just started her method two weeks ago. I'm doing her abs routine and sitting arms (pretty hard the first time :shock: but it gets easier). I try to do both everyday, 7/7. How long did you have to wait to see your abs? :P

Well, I started regularly with her routine on the half of March, I think. And I do lots of hardcore cardio, which also tones abs (combat and zumba) so I think this is the ideal combination. You should try her post pregnancy workout. I have never been pregnant, but it surely has a killer ab routine there :wink:

Edit: and to state the obvious, all depends on your start up condition. All I can say I am more softer, still slim, body type, but usually only my legs shows definition and on upper body it is harder to reach, has been almost impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->