UK Vogue February 2022 by Rafael Pavarotti

The first cover reminds me of that Vogue Paris cover with Kate, Lara, and Daria with the same styling and same pose.

The second cover is terrible. I get what they were aiming for, but its just terrible done. These women deserve better. Why would you use that backdrop, that styling and that hairstyle which takes away so much from their beautiful faces?

Terrible.

INSTA_COVERS_FEB_22.jpg
COVER_BORDER.jpg
FEB8.jpg
British%20Vogue%20FEB%20-%20Trio%20Loewe.jpeg
FEB10.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Wow, those covers are regal! Did they undergo an overhaul? The masthead looks different now.
The magazine looks wider now, perhaps this is the 'change of format' we were wondering would happen.

Very gloomy and moody for February and yet I still love Adut's solo cover. Maybe I just love seeing those crazy LV panniers.

I'm confused if the headline is criticizing euro centric beauty standards why continue to perpetuate them here? I'm not getting the reason behind the art choices here.

First cover is nice!

Second cover is.. eye roll. You try hard to keep the cynicism under control but these people just keep pushing for it until you're, in the words of horizontina, numb and unaffected by these 'revolutionary' efforts. This is the equivalent of those obnoxious 'all Dutch' 'all blonde and tanned' vanilla model covers from 2008-2010.. I really hated those years, barked about it and guess what, I hate this charade too. With the exception of Adut, who will even remember these girls in 3 years or can even identify them now? no star potential, the only people that know and care about them and can name them off the top of their head are people who either work in the modeling business or dream of working in an agency.

Also, the "my daughter" gives a really obnoxious, biased vibe. Yes, fashion is not the government, people triumph off eyebrow shape and last names, but.. pretty symbolic of his extra neoliberal way of heading this magazine.

A few week ago I bought the wonderful Vogue Italia Black Issue every women look perfect.
Maybe they should hire Zanele Muholi. She is more artis than fashion photographer her point of view was interesting.

This could have been much more dynamic if there were 5 or less models on the cover. At the present moment, it's far too crowded, and it weakens the strength of the image. The cropping of the image only emphasises how crowded it is.

In terms of the fashion, I agree with everyone, the sea of black clothes on the cover is too heavy visually. The shots of all the girls in Loewe and Saint Laurent are endlessly superior to the cover for example.

Also why those horrendous wigs?! I couldn't even recognise Maty or Majesty with those campy 60's wigs which completely detract from their beauty.

Adut's cover is glorious. It's her third British Vogue cover or second? I think she was twice in 2018. I was expecting a korean beauty wearing Louis Vuitton by Steven Meisel, but I was wrong. Second cover looks like a fashion campaign. But the first it's a must have. It match with the British GQ cover.

I don’t even know where to start with this. Of course, it wouldn’t be me if I don’t say that I am appalled at this false diversity and this another statement of Edward’s towards some sick-revenge-fantasy-slash-power-demonstration. And the problem is not that all the models are of one colour, the problem is how sh*tty this attempt it, especially after the recent Meisel galore.

I can’t uncall the imagination train in my head of Steven doing these girls justice. Also, someone pointed out the Lara/Daria/Kate Vogue Paris covers. There they looked powerful, sexy, femmes fatales. These girls here don’t know how to pose for their lives! They look like sad, desperate housewives that are playing dress up. I am so sorry to see what treatment that last sublime Loewe collection is getting here. Everything else too. I hope someone reveals that stylist was a part of the diversity cast for the disabled and he is blind, because otherwise I cannot explain this attempt at “style”.

Pavarotti is another story. Always said he has no talent and always will. Too dark, brings nothing, insufferable postproduction that destroys any detail and light/shadow balance. I can’t see sh*t in the majority of shots and my eyesight is of perfect clarity.

Adut’s cover is great. Slightly seductive and it’s great interpretation of Vuitton.

But I hate all the group shots. I don’t get the purpose of that lighting. It’s too dark and unfortunately we can’t see the faces and the beauty.
It’s a pity…Really!
Oh Louis Vuitton is doing furniture nowadays!
You know they really do furniture…lol

The first cover reminds me of that Vogue Paris cover with Kate, Lara, and Daria with the same styling and same pose.

This reference. It is everything. Enninful doesn't deserve it. He doesn't deserve us.

The cover story is fine, but the background is too dark, also the choices for the clothes would be with bright colors on every model. These things than i said, ruins the whole editorial.

I like the black on black.
I think it's a deliberate choice since very dark skin models are rarely featured 'front-and-center' in the industry.
However, when the models look as if to say they would happily stomp you into a pulp, it's time to rethink the hair styling.

I like the black on black.
I think it's a deliberate choice since very dark skin models are rarely featured 'front-and-center' in the industry.
However, when the models look as if to say they would happily stomp you into a pulp, it's time to rethink the hair styling.

I like the black on Black....nothing new but ok...but that lighting with that background and that styling...weird...but everything are choices in the end...

I love both covers actually prefer the group shot. The fact that they didn't put them in something contrasting.or.bright actually makes the difference. Adut's is also quite stunning

Adut looks like Yasmin Warsame on that first cover. I think it's the best from the rest we've seen here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->