US Bazaar December 2006 : Jennifer Lopez

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Best-dressed cover girl Lopez denies pregnancy

On rumors that she's pregnant: "Absolutely 100% false," says Jennifer Lopez.
By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
Don't believe everything you read: Jennifer Lopez is not pregnant.
"Absolutely 100% false," she tells December's Harper's Bazaar, on stands Nov. 20.

Lopez, who is married to Marc Anthony, says she "is not getting in vitro," either.

Lopez graces the cover of the mag's annual best-dressed issue and says she's enjoying a hats-and-head-wraps phase. "They remind me of Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and Lana Turner old Hollywood."

From Lopez to Kate Moss, HB kicks off the year-end inventory season with a list of Hollywood's best-dressed. All 54 of them.

lopezbazaarug9.jpg

she look stuning ! :heart: :blush:

her second cover this year :yuk: why?

Last edited by a moderator:
MagFan said:
her second cover this year :yuk: why?
Seriously? Second Bazaar cover? I dont see the appeal of anything she does, and I havent read Bazaar in years. American fashion magazines blow.

Well at leat it's not Catherine Zeta Jones, if she'd been on the cover it would have been 4th year on a row she on is on a oct/nov/dec issue. Anyway, I like the colors, although the "new fashion finds" line doesn't stand out much and something in her face looks of...

Formulaic it may be, but I think I like this better than the Kidman Vogue cover. Though I don't really want to read an article about the workings (or non-workings) of her private parts, can she not just wear some nice dresses and talk about the upcoming launch of her fifteenth perfume.

I really like this cover though I'm not a Jennifer Lopez fan. She looks lovely and a lot more natural.

Plus, like it was said, it's much better than the Nicole Kidman December US Vogue, in my opinion.

On the bigger-sized cover, I like the way they haven't airbrushed her eyes to death, she's still got some natural 'smile' creasing around them.

She looks beautiful but she doesn't look like herself. I don't like how this was airbrushed.

I would really like to know the process behind the airbrushing, I know how its done techincally but who decides what looks right and what to remove / enhance so on so forth is it by commitee or is it an individual?

I know - because I'm not afraid of seeing a few wrinkles on the face of a woman, especially when you know the woman is over the age of 30 and is growing into the face she owns.

Agreed with Luxx that she looks great but not like herself.

I think she's beautiful and she definitely usually looks great on red carpets, but I still don't think she deserves all the fashion-centered attention she gets. Then again, not many celebrities today do..

im not at all intriuged by this woman...but the cover looks great!

this cover looks mega airbrushed so far...maybe in reaction to the natalie portman cover which seemingly wasnt at all airbrushed...

What a gorgeous cover! But yeah, everyone's right, it looks like she's been subject to a bit too much airbrushing.

She looks kind of strange in that picture, like her head is not 'attached' to her body...

I quite like the cover, apart from that horrible pink writing which just doesn't seem to fit in.

Plus I wish Bazaar didn't have this "538 Best Looks For Every Age" every month! How is that so different from "605 New Looks You'll Love Forever" which was on November's cover. They could use some originality.

J Lo has a healthy glow there... This is also the most 'ethnic' she has looked in years. That's not meant to be an incriminating comment; it's just an observation.

I do love Bazaar though I am rarely excited by its covers. My lowered expectations aside, it is still strange to choose Lopez as the cover girl for the 'best dressed' issue. She didn't really have a memorable red-carpet appearance last year, save for one AW07 empire-waist Dolce & Gabbana gown, which kept her pregnancy rumor afloat.

I was hoping someone like Rachel Weisz would get the cover. Editors are either too conservative or too behind on what's hot in the cinematic world to venture out of a very small pool of actresses that are in rotation.

I am sure Bazaar would have an awesome collarge of the best-dressed women, but I hope it includes Joy Bryant and the newly chic Michelle Williams.

I like Glenda, she seems like a nice person and cool boss, however I have to say I'm growing just as impatient with her as I have with Anna. It seems to me that both of them are terrified of putting a model on the cover and having it sell poorly, I mean come on why not put Kate on the cover of the best dressed issue? she can obviously sell magazines here as well as in london. Why else would Vanity Fair and W put her on the cover multiple times in the span of 12 months? but still no Kate on the cover of the two most iconic fashion magazines. Anna alteast gives models a cover a year, which can indicate that she's testing the waters to see what works in terms of model covers, but Glenda hasn't since Gisele 04, if we can't have a Natalia or Gemma cover she should atleast go for a save choice like Kate, hell I'll even take a Christy cover but J.lo twice in the same year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->