US Vogue January 2005 : Jennifer Lopez by Mario Testino

^ hah, so true.
anyway i like jennifer lopez. i dislike the cover, very, very much so. but the inside pictures are not so bad. i wish they'd done something like put that black&white picture on the cover, it'd be cute and refreshing.

oh and don't get me started on your high and mighty, ALWAYS CLASSY, NEVER TRASHY Halle Berry (Ms. Vogue Cover) either...

since *when* has wearing your string bikini at places other than the beach been acceptable??

ANYWAY, look, my intentions are not to start an e-fight/argument... my point is just that *EVERYONE* makes mistakes, including all those "classy" actresses on the cover of Vogue, who for some reason or other, you all think are more acceptable than Jennifer Lopez. We should just stop being so harsh and judgmental. to anyone. Thank you.

Attachments

• berry018.jpg
    berry018.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
  • berry024.jpg
    berry024.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4
  • berry041.jpg
    berry041.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
  • berry043.jpg
    berry043.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, who gives a rip anymore. She got her cover, it'll sell, it will be gone in a few weeks and we'll all be on to ripping at the next actress who gets the cover.

metal-on-metal said:
Oh whatever it's perfectly fine. I think some of you have too high expectations for American Vogue. J.Lo looks good and it's nice to see her in clothes that she normally wouldn't wear.

As for the comment about "why does she look so happy"? That's one of the most important signatures of American Vogue--it's bright, happy, sunny, sweet. If you want sullen junkies in a rundown apartment setting, go to selfservice or French Vogue. But American Vogue is about beaming happiness, which I think is entirely appropriate for a January cover.

Yes, J.Lo may be tacky, but I'm sure this cover will be yet another blockbuster seller on the newsstands. Anna Wintour knows how to sell a magazine. And you can't argue with that.
I agree 100%.

The only picture I liked was the one of her in the blue Narciso gown with the dobermans...other then that, not her at all, but in a bad way. Kind of like they put her in this image of an East Coast debutante or something, but it didn't come off well.

More

whats worse about the dobermans is thats a very helmut newton kind of scene, the glam queen with a pack of raging primitive beasts.
unfortunately testino prays that he will be regarded like helmut newton and the general average-ness of that image made that too clear and thus was an umbrage to those of us who hold newton's career & daring & vision & art in high regard. there are many photo problems in that editorial and that pale newton imitation is only one.
as Ive pointed out, the failings, and they are palpable, in that editorial are: testino's mediocre pictures, J Lo's unappealing look, and the hair.

what you ve all posted above was trendy at the time. thats what happens to trendy pieces they look weird afterwards!

The cover even doesnt look like her even the editorial is bit boring

i think the cover is nice. generic yes but nicer than she normally looks (with the orange skin, bleached hair, bling bling or whatever)

metal-on-metal said:
I totally agree that the J.Lo choice seems random. But you know there has been so much controversy and whispering over her cover for the longest time. She's been snubbed by Wintour again and again. January issues aren't very important, they are thin and generally don't sell too well. Which I think enables magazines to experiment a little bit in that month. Maybe Anna figured that if J.Lo has to have a cover, she might as well get it over with and do it in January if possible.
i hate that i subscribe so i get these magazines whether i want to or not: with that said, wintour did not so much as mention jennifer lopez in her editorial AT ALL. clearly, someone twisted vogue's arm into doing this and i have a hunch it was harvey weinstein....the editorial contained beautiful pictures (of course, it is testino after all) but i will never get the timing. the spring preview (which just looks like regurgitated runway) looks more fresh than her editorial. :yuk:

from style.com

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

img03.jpg

img04.jpg

img05.jpg

I love the one with the dogs...

Dark Princess said:
Doesn't anyone else find it sick that they call each other mommy and pappy??? Gross

LOL

mommy and pappy are common terms of endearment between couples in the cuban/mexican ect communities. it doesnt mean she really thinks of him as her father or he thinks of her as his mother. chill :smile:

THE CHIC OF THE NEW
MODELS: LIYA KEBEDE ,RAQUEL ZIMMERMAN , CAROLINE TRENTINI,JESSICA STAM, NATASHA POLY , LISA CANT, ELISE CROMBEZ , ISABELI FONTANA , HEATHER MARKS, HANA SOUKUPOVA ,KAREN ELSON, JULIA STEGNER
HAIR: GARREN
MAKE-UP: PAT MCGRATH
PHOTOGRAPHER: STEVEN MEISEL
FASHION EDITOR: GRACE CODDINGTON

MODA and hfgl

Liya's up next :flower:

BRING IT ON HOME
MODEL(S:( LIYA KEBEDE, ANDRE 3000
HAIR:?
MAKE-UP:?
PHOTOGRAPHER: ARTHUR ELGORT
FASHION EDITOR: GRACE CODDINGTON

bwgreyscale

I think that's it, I'll try and find out :flower:

'THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT'
Ph: Mario Testino

beyondbeautifuljlo.com

The Chic of the New
Photographed by Steven Meisel
Styled by Grace Coddington
Models LIYA KEBEDE ,RAQUEL ZIMMERMAN , CAROLINE TRENTINI,JESSICA STAM, NATASHA POLY , LISA CANT, ELISE CROMBEZ , ISABELI FONTANA , HEATHER MARKS, HANA SOUKUPOVA ,KAREN ELSON, JULIA STEGNER

Back in Business
Photographed by Craig McDean
Styled by Tonne Goodman
Models Natalia Vodianova and Gemma Ward

All Access (2 photos)
Styled by Phyllis Posnick
Models Lily Donaldson (and maybe Jessica Stam?)

Bring It On Home
Photographed by Arthur Elgort
Styled by Grace Coddington
Model Liya Kebede and Andre 3000

Back in Business
Styled by Tonne Goodman
Models Natalia Vodianova and Gemma Ward

scanned by t-rex

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics