US Elle August 2007 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Giles Bensimon

Picked up the issue at the airport yesterday. It's a good issue but I like her so I'm bias.

Good Ads

New Vuitton 2pgs
New Missoni 2pgs - Daria looks awesome
New Prada 2pgs - Looks really good in print, Sasha is the star
Elie Tahari 2pgs - Jessica Miller, boring ad but it's Jessica so I love it
Chanel 2pgs
Miu Miu 2 pgs - Same one in the Miu Miu thread
Nars 1 pg - Guinevere Van Senus

Eds

SJP INC - 8 pgs, (haven't read the article)
EASY RIDER - 12 pgs, Liisa Winkler (haven't seen her in a while)
TOY STORY - 6 pgs, Guy Bourdin inspired ed with accessories
SNAPPED - 12 pgs, Bar Refaeli (Elle notes her as Leo's girlfriend)

Last edited by a moderator:
good issue,lots to read,pretty edits :smile: well worh the money -from cover to contents!:smile:

so there's going to be a SATC movie? if so, it seems to be promising

Liisa Winkler? Is Elle trying to creat comebacks from "old" models? They had Carmen Maria Hillestad in their last issue, no?

^ I believe Carmen was in the last issue. I like that Elle is bringing back some of the girls who are still modelling but maybe haven't been as visible these past few years. Elle's eclectic model selection is one of the things I really enjoy about the magazine.

Here is Liisa's edit. I think its quite good. The styling by Joe Zee is really great here. Everything looks very laid back cool and androgynous - equestrian but without falling into that stuffy "horse and pony set" look. I think Liisa was really the right girl for this - she just looks like she belongs in these clothes.

Easy Rider
Photographer: Matthew Brookes
Styling: Joe Zee
Model: Liisa Winkler

This was not a bad month for Elle in terms of edits. The Toy Story accessories edit is very cool - completely Bourdin-esque but very fun since all the shoes and bags are such bright joyful colors. Nice eyecandy. The Bar edit isn't horrible though it looks like about 30 other edits we've seen before in Elle.

I miss how they used to do a a little feature on an interesting and stylish personality followed by a fashion edit. I wish they'd bring that back - some very cool girls were profiled. It would be nice to see that again.

I can scan more from this issue later today if no one beats me to the punch ^_^

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Elle US August 07

Haven't seen Liisa in a long time, she looks good, it's a nice ed.

i love the liisa winkler ed...
the styling, layout, etc. is much better than the typical elle fare...
it looks like elle is really stepping it up a notch, and i can definitely see the joe zee influence...

now i really can't wait to see the september issue...

good issue,lots to read,pretty edits :smile: well worh the money -from cover to contents!:smile:

I totally agree, I have not read an issue of Elle in a long time and I really enjoyed this issue - the whole issue was a delight to read.

Easy Rider
Photographer: Matthew Brookes
Styling: Joe Zee
Model: Liisa Winkler

This is suprisingly stunning! Very un-US Elle editorial!:woot: There's a beautiful ease with these images created, wonderful layout too...Thanks so much for scanning Luxx, can't wait to see the other editorials...

^You're welcome 1karina1!
Here is more from this month:

Toy Story
Photographer: Jessie Frohman
Styling: Kate Lanphear
Model: Buzz Lightyear ^_^

I really like this edit even if it is just another of the many Bourdin-inspired edits we've seen so much of these past couple of years. I think the concept is cute and it suits the accessories that were chosen. Each of the set ups seems to really go with the showcased piece. Especially those Balenciaga lego shoes. They look tres cool in this edit and I'm really not fond of those particular shoes.

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from US Elle August 07

The non-editorial content was also very good this month. I really enjoyed the Elle Shops section centering around the whole collegiate trend. Loads of really awesome, very preppy clothes all styled wonderfully. I think I wanted to buy absolutely everything. It was all so geeky and cute - just the sort of stuff I love.

There was also a feature on MK Olsen wherein they picked out clothes for her. I thought the results were pretty interesting. I wonder who they'll pick next month...

A Living Doll : Mary Kate Olsen

Image Credit | Scanned by me from Elle US August 07

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->