Valentino F/W 13.14 : by Inez & Vinoodh (Full Cast in Post #1)

LRlovesDaria

Reaction score
Full cast:Maud Welzen, Kati Nescher, Magdalena Jasek, Irina Kravchenko, Sam Rollinson, Erika Labanauskaite, Tamara Weijenberg, Laura Kampman, Nouk Torsing and Sasha Luss

DUTCH MASTERS: Valentino went Dutch for its fall advertising campaign, calling on photographer duo Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin to snap a bevy of international beauties in scenes evocative of the golden age of Flemish portraiture.

The cast of models includes Maud Welzen, Kati Nescher, Magdalena Jasek, Irina Kravchenko, Sam Rollinson, Erika Labanauskaite, Tamara Weijenberg, Laura Kampman, Nouk Torsing and Sasha Luss — “women represented like paintings, caught in the intimacy and magic of their gestures,” said Maria Grazia Chiuri, while co-creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli said the campaign showed “the magnificence of Flemish lights and 10 different characters of contemporary feminine grace and regality.”

The images make use of classic still-life elements — a vase of flowers, say, next to a bunch of grapes and a brightly plumed bird — but red leather pumps are also thrown in for good measure.

The campaign, shot at Pier 59 Studios in New York, breaks internationally this month. Christiaan worked on the models’ hair, and makeup was by Dick Page.

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a redux of Nina Ricci F/W12 sans erotica.

Last edited by a moderator:
they seem to be taking the Prada route doing individual portraits, but most of these girls imo (with the exception of Sam, Kati, Irinadont have the presence to stand alone in a shot. But I will wait to see the full campaign before I judge

I&V doing Julia Hetta's style, Valentino should've just hired the real deal.

Pretty major for Laura to book such a big campaign especially at this point in her career, good on her!

Super happy to see Irina, Sam and Magda snagging the campaign as well, they really suited the collection perfectly. I like what I see so far but I never really LOVE Valentino, it's always a bit stale. Won't judge yet from this first shot however.

The only picture so far is really good! Looks promising. I am glad that they finally changed the photographer. Lets hope that you are not going to stuff the 10 models into one picture, I usually find that kind of image horrifying.

Absolutely adore it so far. That shot is so gorgeous, and so is Sasha. As an art fan, I like that it feels like a late 1800's painting.
The collection was truly epic, the best of the season. It almost brought tears to my eyes so I really can't wait to see some of those dresses. And i'm a huge fan of individual shots, so I can't wait to see Nouk Torsing, Maud, Irina and Kati.

I Like but look a little Prada

I can't stand Sasha since I saw her in her First Face video... So whenever I see some of her work it gets overshadowed by the thoughts of that video. :lol:

Anyway, this is plain. When Valentino was there the campaigns were one million times better...

10 girls, and all of them white :judge: The first shot screams that the theme of the campaign will be equal parts pretentious and corny in the most predictable way.

some really good casting :D tamara and magdalena!! i love this shot it looks like it's going to be great campaign

Loving the I&V 'comeback' this season, although these images are a little static for my liking...Sasha looks good here though.

I'm surprised they were the photogs tapped to shoot this collection though as Templer has only worked with them like once before. Perhaps he didn't style the campaign this time around.

amazing campaign! But I hoped That Jac. will be in this campaign. Too bad:( But this is great and I'm so happy that Magdalena Jasek doing this campaign! Really beautilfull! BRAVO^_^:heart:

Who did the set? this reminds me of another campaign (or editorial?) with the same still life but I can´t place it :/

It sounds crazy but i think the floral still life photo on the left is way interesting than the other one :lol:

Why not just hire Julia Hetta if they wanted something in her aesthetic? I'm pretty sure she'd also be much cheaper than I&V anyways. I really don't like the flower vase picture and I like the idea of the portraits. (Then again it would be much better if Julia Hetta actualy did it herself). I'm excited to see Magdalena, Irina, and Laura tho.

A Dutch master's still life.. conveying the wealth and culture of the patroness, a tulip vase, a loot.. and a pair of Valentino heels! I love it.
Quite who she's blessing with her left hand is a mystery though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->