Vivienne Westwood Collaboration with Melissa

dirty funk

Reaction score
imagem22_46.jpg

vivienneformelissa.jpg

Fashion democracy, and now! And that’s what it means for Melissa to bring to the plastic universe, great names of the world in design, such as queen Vivienne Westwood. One of the historical achievements of Brazilian fashion, the partnership between the brand and the fashion designer takes off this year, with the launching of two products, and goes on until next year, with the launching of another three. For the winter 2008, they are Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Mary Jane + Melissa and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Ultragirl. Get to know more about each one of them below and begin the countdown to guarantee yours soon!

Anglomania Mary Jane + Melissa
Originally created in leather for Vivienne’s “Summertime” collection, launched in the year 2000, the model was reinvented in the form of injected plastic. This technique is what guarantees perfect shapes, “without interweaves, as we see in fabrics, if we’re talking about clothing”, as the designer said herself. In bright and vibrant colors, vibrant like red, light pink, marine blue, green, besides the classics beige, latex, black and white.

Anglomania + Melissa Ultragirl
Highly regarded model from Melissa, Ultragirl gets Vivienne’s interferences in two versions: one covered in velvet with the inner sole involved in a traditional tartan print and the other highlighting the shine of plastic with a flower-patterned inner sole.
www.melissa.com.br

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivienne Westwood for Melissa

Brazilian shoe label Melissa has collaborated in the past with the likes of Judy Blame, Karim Rashid, and Alexandre Herchcovitch, but never before has the brand signed with a designer quite as groundbreaking and iconic as Vivienne Westwood. The collaboration resulted in plastic Mary Janes in the colors of the British flag, which were launched this week.

Vivienne Westowood's presence in São Paulo for the debut of the line is being celebrated with the Vivienne Westwood Shoes exhibit, containing 147 pairs of shoes created by the designer throughout her career (yes, the platform heels responsible for Naomi's famous fall on the catwalk are there).

Ms. Westwood refused staying at the modern Unique hotel as soon as her car pulled in front of the watermelon-shaped building, and asked to be taken to a cozier place. After her quick (and very low profile) pit stop in São Paulo, she is headed to the Amazon.

source: v magazine

Ms. Westwood refused staying at the modern Unique hotel as soon as her car pulled in front of the watermelon-shaped building, and asked to be taken to a cozier place. After her quick (and very low profile) pit stop in São Paulo, she is headed to the Amazon.

...i thought this part was hysterical :lol:

When she arrived in Brazil, w/ Paulo Borges & Lilian Pacce
18413.jpg

erikapalomino

thanks for the pics...
they are quite adorable imo...

:P

adorable!!!!
where can we find them? i mean online...

oh, westwood has the best shoes and boots...

They are srsly cute. I'd love a red pr.! :heart:

I recently saw the most adorable pr. of Melissa shoes - flats with a criss-crossing strap. So cute.
If only they weren't so sweaty... :(

Thanks for posting...

Melissa Press Conference + Vivienne, in a reverence mood
imagem19_42.jpg

It wasn’t a formal event, but the atmosphere was of full fashion reverence. The audience of fashionistas awaiting Vivienne Westwood today at the Melissa press conference with the British punk queen, was all quiet, just waiting for the queen to come.

Mediating the chat was fashion editor and GNT Channel presenter Lilian Pacce. At the table, besides herself and Paulo Pedó Filho, the brand’s manager of operations, was Carlo, Vivienne’s socio, who participated speaking Portuguese (he is Italian).

The idea was to present the new Melissa partnership, which in almost 30 years of life has always bet on the talent of the major names in fashion, design and other areas of art, with Vivienne speaking of the new collection of the brand and giving the opportunity for the public to make questions to the illustrious guest.

As expected, Vivienne was a big hit. Questioned about the US presidential election, during a moment of politics awareness in fashion, she trash talked Bush, commented that her mother, who is over 90 years old, loved Brazil when she was here and explained the basis of her connection with Melissa. “I always wanted to create the Mary Jane shoes in plastic, in a way such that I would be able to eliminate the tiny interweaves. “As in with fabrics”, she said. And she added: “It’s a modern product, of high quality and, most importantly, democratic. The technology that I have found in Brazil, I hadn’t found anywhere else in the world”.
melissa

Novelty: Melissa by Vivienne!
imagem22_46.jpg

Fashion democracy, and now! And that’s what it means for Melissa to bring to the plastic universe, great names of the world in design, such as queen Vivienne Westwood. One of the historical achievements of Brazilian fashion, the partnership between the brand and the fashion designer takes off this year, with the launching of two products, and goes on until next year, with the launching of another three. For the winter 2008, they are Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Mary Jane + Melissa and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Ultragirl. Get to know more about each one of them below and begin the countdown to guarantee yours soon!

Anglomania Mary Jane + Melissa
Originally created in leather for Vivienne’s “Summertime” collection, launched in the year 2000, the model was reinvented in the form of injected plastic. This technique is what guarantees perfect shapes, “without interweaves, as we see in fabrics, if we’re talking about clothing”, as the designer said herself. In bright and vibrant colors, vibrant like red, light pink, marine blue, green, besides the classics beige, latex, black and white.

Anglomania + Melissa Ultragirl
Highly regarded model from Melissa, Ultragirl gets Vivienne’s interferences in two versions: one covered in velvet with the inner sole involved in a traditional tartan print and the other highlighting the shine of plastic with a flower-patterned inner sole.
melissa

The shoes are quite beautiful, but nothign is compared to the line of boots designed by Herchcovitch, I don't know if you ever bought a Melissa but the smell of the plastic is so great @@ My mom always buy Melissa just because of the smell!

Guys There's Already A Thread For This If You Don't Know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->