Vogue’s 25 Models Who Defined The Decade

I understand the notion of individuality, Instagram, social media and model subjectivity etc. We all have our favorite models, for instance some of us love Julia Nobis while others loathe her (I'm fond of Julia lol). So this list in my opinion is so biased.

With that said how could they snub Fei Fei Sun. A list created by US Vogue out of all magazines to do so. :rofl:
It doesn't matter if you hate Julia though, it is undeniable to anyone that she was astronomically successful.

We still don't know how long Adut's career will be. Remember Lineisy was such a big thing some years ago? And right now she's barely seen somewhere. So it's too soon for Adut (overrated as usual). Also we have Teddy, but not Hanne-Gaby? Lexi Boling should be in the list too along with Anna & Binx. No comments on Kiki & Selena, they could be replaced by anyone.
Totally agree. Hanne has been active since 2008, Teddy has not earned a place on a list like this yet.

apple, Saskia is missed in your list. 8 years after her debut VP cover and she still booking Vogue covers, campaigns and shows, and she had more print work than 2/3 models from the list

I know Freja's been working since the 2000s but I feel like she's also been working nonstop during the 2010s.

Has US Vogue made a list of this in the past decade?

I can't believe Rianne is not here. Luna and Grace Elizabeth were robbed. I'm agree with Karlie, Joan, Cara and Gigi. Those four defined this decade. Anna, Imaan and Vittoria second (where is Rianne?!).

Upset at Fei Fei, Sora and Saskia being snubbed. Three brilliant icons of fashion in the 2010s

The real game changer wasn't Kendall or Gigi. It was Cara. She's the first insta model IMO.
Kendall, Gigi, Bella did nothing for me. Nepotism already existed in fashion. They didnt' break records nor did they introduce something new to the game. They were just more famous than the others and not for their work.
Kaia only started in 2017? She wasn't there long enough to "define the decade". Again she's just more famous. Maybe she's more entitled than the others because she has it.
Winnie Harlow? Let me laugh, the girl hasn't done a single thing.

10 models would have been enough for this list, well maybe 15 but 25.

Lastly, where is Fei Fei Sun????

The list doesn’t make sense. It should be called the models who defined 2018 at maximum. Surely not an entire decade! They left out most of the models who started before 2015 and throw some random names such as Teddy, Selena, Paloma and Kiki. They’re all pretty successful in their way but to say that they defined this decade is silly, you could switch Selena for Dilone and nobody would notice.
This should be the list in my opinion:
  1. Karlie Kloss. The girl who did it all: high fashion muse, commercial darling , vs angel and model turned mogul.
  2. Gigi Hadid. She brought back the attention to modeling whether we like her or not. If you ask any girl to name three models working at the moment you can be sure Gigi is the first name you will hear,
  3. Kendall Jenner. No matter how bad her modeling skills are: she changed the game, in the era of Instagram and followers fashion could not stay away from her social media influence.
  4. Bella Hadid. She started out as the sister of Gigi with dark hair but she soon built her own career with strong contracts in high fashion and commercial with young people being particularly fond of her street style ( I can assure you)
  5. Joan Smalls. She’s the model of color of this decade. She worked with every big name, she has Estée Lauder, she’s popular, she has never stopped and never had an empty year.
  6. Liu Wen. The Most successful and popular Asian model. She worked not only in fashion but also in television and maintained her relevance.
  7. Cara Delevingne. Another game changer. Even people who had no idea what fashion was knew her name. Her eyebrows, her silly faces, her personality made her leave her mark in the industry.
  8. Jourdan Dunn. She might have slowed down now but she’s still very famous. During the early 2010s and her period of close friendship with cara she was everywhere. People talked about the two like the new Kate and Naomi.
  9. Fei Fei Sun. A real muse in high fashion, her Vogue Italia cover is iconic and she is also supported by some commercial gigs.
  10. Candice Swanepoel. The ultimate VS angel. People love her from all over the world and she was also loved by some in high fashion.
  11. Ashley Graham. The most successful and famous curvy model, nothing to add,
  12. Edie Campbell. The Brit sensation. She worked so much and completed the big 4.
  13. Adwoa Aboah. Her unconventional look, her inspiring story and her work with Gurls Talk definitely make her deserve a place in the list.
  14. Anna Ewers high fashion darling, Wang girl, successful even if mysterious and not active on social media.
  15. Imaan Hammam she’s got the look, the walk, the personality. Her numerous Vogue covers speak for her.
  16. Lineisy Montero surely not as successful as other girls on the list but she totally defined this era by starting the natural hair revolution. After her debut, all agents went to the Dominican Republic.
  17. Arizona Muse. Because of her amount of success, completing the big 4 and being often cited by Anna Wintour.
  18. Vittoria Ceretti. The Italian beauty! She booked everything she could and even completed the big 4
  19. Grace Elizabeth. The American girl, VS Angel that can do high fashion, the face of Estée Lauder.. what else?
  20. Julia Nobis. The high fashion queen! The face of every house and muse of designers and photographers.
  21. Rianne Van Rompaey this redhead is like Vittoria, one of those girls who can book anything
  22. Binx Walton for representing the androgynous look and her unstoppable work
  23. Hanne Gaby for her personality, her work in the intersex community, her street style
  24. Lexi Boling another bad girl part of the Wang gang, a Meisel muse and runway favourite
  25. Adut Akech in a short time she achieved so much and has become a muse of Valentino so she deserves a spot in my opinion.

In another note, I would replace one of these names with either Patricia van der Vliet or Sora Choi, both being originated from Next Top Model shows. Leila Goldkuhl could be included in the equation since I think she totally broke the ANTM curse but the industry kinda hyped her less than the two, even Patricia is only around in early 2010s before stopping. Alas, that'd leave Sora as my most likely choice.

Fei Fei, Vanessa Axente, Edita and Karmen Pedaru, Lindsey Wixon, Saskia, Cameron Russell... all these girls aren't part of this list, but you have the queen of nepotism here :'(

What does it say about the modeling world when I can’t say I love a single model included on Vogue’s or CR’s lists wrapping up an entire DECADE?

I haven’t loved models since 2007. Great girls have popped up sporadically here and there since, but the industry has been a mess for many, many years now. It’s like the whole industry stopped caring about what models can and should be.

Lol, that CR list is a joke. You have all those big names and then you read Lineisy.. who can’t even come close to any of the others career wise. Sorry to say this but it looks like they wanted to add a person of colour and randomly picked her.

Should’ve picked Rianne or Vittoria.

Serious question: who were the models who dominated the first half of the decade, and who were those who were prominent during the latter half? It's kind of hard to single out girls who "defined" the decade when there's an obvious shift for aesthetics and looks that get booked starting 2014-2015...

Binx, Imaan, Mica, Kiki, Lexi, Rianne, Vittoria, Sora, and who else? I'd like to know.

Serious question: who were the models who dominated the first half of the decade, and who were those who were prominent during the latter half? It's kind of hard to single out girls who "defined" the decade when there's an obvious shift for aesthetics and looks that get booked starting 2014-2015...

Binx, Imaan, Mica, Kiki, Lexi, Rianne, Vittoria, Sora, and who else? I'd like to know.

Daria Strokous and Sigrid Agren were doing pretty good at the start of the decade. Then probably Sasha Luss during the mid 2010s.

Maartje, Waleska and Julia B would have been in the list if they lasted longer. But theirs was a very strange time to be a top model.

Vittoria, Rihanna and Binx IMO should be in that list. I like Kaia but I don't think she has peaked yet.

Julia Nobis. She's the definition of the 2010's era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->