Vogue Paris March 2016 : Gigi Hadid by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I prefer the nude cover, her eyes on the other one looks too drowsy. I suppose VP thought that's smouldering, but it's not.

So Gigi just joined the big leagues. Alt must really believe she's that bankable to give her March, which is normally reserved to the Kate/Lara/Daria type. Just glad this is over now.

Nicely done, but rather basic as a whole, just a nude and a jacket. Would have liked that she had exuded some more power/self-confidence.

Not necessarily a fan of Gigi but this is amazing. I like both covers, even though that second B&W shot posted is really the one.

she really is getting better... I love the nude cover but there's smth missing... something that the supers would usually deliver... or someone like Laetitia Casta when she used to pose nude...
Anyway, the girl is learning fast and how could she not? she is working with the crème de la crème of the fashion world but now everyone is capable of learning... Kendall anyone?
The second cover is nice too but her expression seems forced to me... however it reminds me of Carine's VP (who doesn't seem to be able to do IT anymore)... which I must say is only a good thing...

Even though the covers are okay, she can't model. She just sits there with her mediocre face and stares into the camera and she doesn't know what to do. She's not captivating enough to be a model. Hell, she's not even really pretty.

And shame on Alt for giving Gigi and Kendull covers before Raquel or Iselin or Karlie. I thought she wasn't as desperate as Wintour, Sozanni or Shulman but apparently she is.

I don't mind her being on the cover and actually I think both images are good. I am more interested in the "political reason" of choosing that Chanel outfit (even on the nude cover, she's wearing Chanel shoes I think). I remember there was discussion about Chanel missing on the cover of Vogue Paris for a very long time (we had 2 Dior cover back to back last year). And we have the story of Karl trashed Vogue Paris under Alt in an interview blah blah blah so I am quite surprised to see that Chanel is featured on the cover again for this issue. Does anyone remember when was the last time? Or maybe it's just me overthinking on this topic. Anyway, it's a fun fact for me to observe.

Another fun fact (or crazy fact) of featuring pre-fall collection on the cover of a March issue... Actually Carine did this before as well: we had resort 2007 collection (of Chanel!!!) on the cover of September 2006 issue of Vogue Paris 10 years ago. Coincidence?

Not a fan of Gigi but I must say she does look pretty fantastic on both covers. She should just stick to this sort of work.

Anyone else think if the photographers weren't credited, they would be willing to bet this was shot by I&V?!

Definitely, I thought someone made a mistake crediting Mert & Marcus.

I do like the black and white cover, the other one not so much.
I still don't find her *that* pretty though, another model could've pulled this off better.
But this is okay, I guess.

As a huge fan of Lara Stone, i was a bit dissapointed not to see her. But i have to say Gigi looks amazing on the B/W cover. From all the celeb models she is my favourite, because unlike Kendall she doesn't look dead and always the same.

I never was a fan of Gigi (as the majority here I guess), but she's starting to grow on me (like Kendall already did a long time ago) and seeing these 2 covers, especially the b/w one, I am stunned!

Stunningggg. I love both covers but the b&w one is obviously the major one.

They said she has 10 million fans but she has 12 million Instagram followers...Ok.

i hate her features and she bores me to death... she ruins everything

I find both covers underwhelming and dull. Gigi looks almost the same in the face. I miss some blue steel..

I think it's nor her fault she looks so bad in that picture with the white background. I'm sure there were many better shots.

And I agree, it doesn't look very M&M. I think a little bit I&V and the B&W maybe slightly Testinoish.

The cropping in the B&W shot is terrible. And so many colors for the taglines... Just gross.

"I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to SLAY, b*tch!"

Gigi is CARRYING. These are the best French Vogue covers I've seen in months, if not years. They also look like something Carine would've produced. That's probably why I love them so much, particularly the black and white shot. These covers make me nostalgic for the days when I eagerly anticipated each issue of French Vogue with bated breath, something that hasn't happened in a very long time. Thanks for finally serving up something to remember Emmanuelle :kiss:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->