Vogue Russia October 2020 : Grace Elizabeth by Carin Backoff

Ew. No other response.
Looks extremely cheap and the whole look is so dated.
Also, coat of that colour on sand? Really? The obscure turtleneck is the only thing that pops here. And Grace’s face, because she looks like she’s about to fart.

Wow, can someone explain to me how Carin Backoff managed to mess this up? The styling is there (well, somewhat. The fur looks a bit on the cheap side), Grace is clearly trying to give overplayed Bardot vibes that the public seems obsessed with, and the makeup looks stunning.

Why not just crop the sand parts out for starters???

I actually quite like the fact that the sand and the coat have matching colours. There’s just enough difference in texture to make it work. Too bad her squinty eyes and expression aren’t working for me.

The thought of all the sand getting in every nook and cranny of that fur coat makes me uncomfy.

I've never liked Mongolian sheepskin - it looks like someone put it in the wash and things went wrong - and thanks to Russian Vogue, I can now also imagine it dragged on the ground, gathering cigarette butts, rough sand and crispy bits of fallen leaves.

I'm not sure if this works, and that is saying a lot consider they chose such an amazing model. Hopefully the editorial is better. The angle is weird, it looks like she's wearing some kind of ghillie suit. May just be one of those acquired tastes, or I am just trying too hard to like it because its Grace.

EDIT: You know what the more look at it, the more I like it so, whatever!

No sorry this is bad. Like a shot from an online editorial for an ecommerce site or bad magazine.

Wow, can someone explain to me how Carin Backoff managed to mess this up? The styling is there (well, somewhat. The fur looks a bit on the cheap side), Grace is clearly trying to give overplayed Bardot vibes that the public seems obsessed with, and the makeup looks stunning.

Why not just crop the sand parts out for starters???

Those are supposed to be sands? I thought they were a carpet. :lol:

I love this cover. Its very sexy in a TF for Gucci way. It also reminds me of the Juergen Teller photos with Kim posing on a pile of sand.
What a great month.

This is terrible I had such high hopes for this girl a few years ago but everything now she’s produced looks dated and cheap

Wasn’t sure how I felt about it at first, but it has definitely grown on me. A different background would’ve done wonders for the overall composition but happy to see Grace.

There's a cheap quality to it that Vogue Russia used to do so well back in early 2010s. Can't say that I particularly like it, but I've seen worse! Anything that has Grace Elizabeth can't be too awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->