Warm boots for winter that aren't Uggs?

I love my Mukluk boots, they are super comfty and warm and great quality.

muklukstore.com
MU8FFH.jpg

MU1TW.jpg

katemosslunch.jpg

iheartthat.com

Last edited by a moderator:
In spite of what fashion "experts" write- the only reason Uggs are "out" is because well... they have to push thigh high boots on women for the sales for designers and to make themselves appear to be experts. After all nothing can be in style forever or else the writers would have nothing to write about- just my opinion- not that it matters...

Nordstrom had 2 exclusive styles- a metalic logo classic short and a leopard print Bailey button short. Both sold out and went for about $100 more on Ebay than the original selling price. Frankly, I see as many women wearing them as in the past several years. I do see more teenage girls wearing them than last year- generally the chestnut classic short with skinny jeans. I do see more of the classic shorts that the tall ones. Last year for Christmas the 2 most sold Christmas presents in the world were Ugg classic shorts and one of those game consoles a Playststion or the Wii (I do not remember which) according to Yahoo.com news.

I do not see as many of the really bulky ones like the Ultra or Ultimate. There was one post which I do not remenber that had one of those 2 styles asking advise on buying them, but they were a copy. Anyway... for running errands on weekends I think they can look realy cute with skinny jeans if the woman is cute. I hate them with sweatpants- not that my opinion matters. My wife has the side zipper ones in black suede and wears them on the Metro train every day. She also has the lace up the front ones that are chestnut with the brown tongue. Everytime she wears those some lady "loves" them. She has had them for several years. Last winter we did some house remodeling and spent days in Home Depot and carpet type stores. I got tired of my wife wanting to get dressed up to go to building stores and wear expensive boots that were likely to get messed up, so I bought her a pair of classic short brown camoflage ones and well they seemed to be popular with women shopping there- meaning she got lots of compliments :lol: Anyway... I know the Washington, DC surburbs is not the fashion capitol of the world, but here Uggs will not be dying out anytime soon in spite of what the fashion experts write. They do not seem to be the fad the were several years ago, but they are warm and comfortable won't die out anytime soon. I would suggest the zipper before tha laces, because you have to actually lace them and be careful not to pull the laces too tight so to rip the lace thingings.

Oh, the Washington Post newspaper every January 1st. has the out and in list. Platform sandals are out and over the knee (a new term instead of old- thigh high) bots are in. However I guess designers do not read the Washington Post because if you read the thread on SS10 shoes they are most al platforms.

I would never say that Uggs are the be all end all cold weather boots. As was mentioned they are not god in the slush etc. but I just do not see them going out of business.

well, with the snow already in buffalo, ny its just a matter of time before new england sees some, so my thoughts have turned to fashionable winter boots. I found these fendi's I like alot. they are pricey but fit the bill perfectly. any others out there anyone has found other than uggs.....

eluxury.com

They are very cool!

I've been a lot more cognizant of good winter boots recently as well, since my university is notorious for not canceling classes due to snow. Leather, NOT suede, is definitely your best bet, and if you still want them to be cute, just get any pair of flat leather boots you like (or already own) and layer socks...

Granted, on days that are particularly icy I just wear my rain boots with doubled-up socks because they have good traction...

I have had Sorels for two years now, and I have to say they are wonderful.

I have mukluks too, but those are only for dry conditions.

Sorels are comfortable, warm, and protect you from everything :smile:

Glad I found this thread. I realized I don't really have any winter boots that actually keep my feet both warm and dry in snowy weather. I have an array of boots in leather and suede, but they aren't exactly for this weather. Also, I bought the fleece wellie socks that they make for my Hunters, thinking that would make them ok for all year, but those things are still so damn cold in the toes even with the liners and other socks too.

nextnewface, I am with you on the Sorels. I just did some quick online window shopping and they seem to be both cute (as in they are a classic style, not some trendy hideous rubbish or ultra mountain-expedition looking) and they are a brand known for good quality winter footwear. Plus the polar bear in the logo is reassuring to me. I think I want the caribou style. They remind me of classic duck boots. I just want something that I will be happy to have on when it's freezing and snowy and wet and I won't be embarrassed to be seen in in public this year or in a few seasons either.

Does anyone have these sorel caribou boots? Do you like them? are they good quality for snow and ice and such?

in black pic from zappos.com

in tan pic from cabelas.com

*Please do not quote the images*
in buff pic from modells.com

I thinkI am leaning towards the tan b/c it looks more like a classic, even though I usually buy everything in black....

p.s. I realize that these aren't exactly cute but that isn't what this thread is about right? I already have cute boots and am looking for functionality more right now. Which is not easy to make yourself do!:lol: I am used to choosing shoes based on their appearance more.

I really adore those first ones in black. But after googling and reading some reviews, it seems they are a snug fit and are more for snowy conditions. I don't want to look ridiculous seeing as I'm only dealing with the harsh Arizona cold. ;P

does anyone own a pair of no.6 clog boots?

i really want a pair of these but am not sure if they'll be comfortable and how warm they are. i'd love to hear from someone who has some experience! :flower: i have a pair of heavier duty winter boots to wear when it gets icy and snowy here...but i'd love these for slightly warmer days and/or times when not a lot of walking is required. :lol:

9123-5_nb_black_web_01.jpg

no.6

^^I don't have any experience with that shoe, but I'd be curious to know as well...
seems like they could be a nice winter option.

I know you mentioned "not uggs" but I purchased the UGG Women's Adirondack Boot II. IMO they look a bit more rustic and woodsy than the popular ugg boot. They are super warm too.

I'm vising Denver next month but seeing as how I've never been in a place with snow before, I have no idea what kind of boots I should buy. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikutea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->