What do you want to read?

'Ye ma's knickers label'

Ho ho ho.

I would quite like to read something by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, after all this fuss, but I don't speak Spanish/Portugese/the original language.

^^ It's spanish, but you can find some really good translations in any bookstore.

I really, really, really want to read more of Tennessee Williams' plays and either One Hundred Years of Solitude or Love in the Time of Cholera by Marquez. I'll settle for Fitzgerald, Faulker, & Chopin too. :P

+
Stephen Chbosky: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Mark Z. Danielewski: House of Leaves
Nick Hornby: High Fidelity
Sylvia Plath: The Bell Jar

Been wanting to read The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison... heard its very sad, but a good read... I have a whole list of American Novels I should read for class in case is shows up in AP exams :doh:

Emma - Jane Austen
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Woman Warrior - Maxine Hong Kingston (which I was recommended by someone long ago, can someone tell me what its about?)

Nick Hornby: High Fidelity

If you've seen the film, the book is actually almost identical but it makes some points with more clarity and there's one girl cut from the top five. Just a warning.

I'm dying to get a copy of A Woman in Berlin but it's sold in the americas only apparently...*sigh* guess I will be ordering from Amazon.

I just ordered "Goodnight Nobody" by Jennifer Weiner. Sounds like a fun read...

PrinceOfCats said:
If you've seen the film, the book is actually almost identical but it makes some points with more clarity and there's one girl cut from the top five. Just a warning.

I haven't seen the movie so I'm safe for now. I think I'm going to read his book (first?) because I've heard he's a good author. His new novel, "Long Way Down" has caught my interest as well.

Thanks. :flower:

Cosette said:
Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

That's my favorite book, I love Garcia Marquez' work, but that one is on the top of my list :heart:

Living to tell the tale (Vivir para Contarla) , by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, those are his memoirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
- books about "French elegance"
- that new Coco Chanel book
- Virginie Despentes' new novel
- some novels by Edgar Allan Poe and Jane Austen
- Stalinin lehmät, a book by Finnish author Sofi Oksanen. It's a good book, but I have never managed to read it through.
- Jackie style
- Ed Wood on Ed Wood

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->