What do you want to read?

Sun Also Rises by Hemingway
The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl

:heart:

I'm not going to write all of them because I have about a 2 page list of books I want to read. And I mean, I really have a 2 page list that I bring with me to the library or bookstore :lol: Yeah, I'm a dork. But a few of them are

the sequel to Push Not the River by James Conroyd Martin (reading the first one right
now, soooo good!)
The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
Black and White by Dani Shapiro

- tropic of cancer by henry miller
- grapes of wrath by john steinbeck
- 100 yrs of solitude by gabriel garcia marquez
- house of leaves by mark z. danielewski

the list would be endless..... The Brothers Karamazov by F. M. Dostoevsy, Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke, Catch-22 by Joseph Heller for now

I just finished Catch-22 a few days ago and I loved it! Some parts were especially funny...I often caught myself laughing out loud on the bus. :ninja::lol:

Brothers Karamazov is also on my list.^_^

There's a giant stack of books on my nightstand...so those are the ones on my list!:P

What is on your Book List?

I need some new great books to read. What are you all reading? Currently I have Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Sarfran Foer open.
:P

Brilliant thread! Ive just started reading The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and I want to read all the classics this summer!
Wuthering Heights
Crime and Punishment
Georges and The Count of Monte Cristo

if I had to recommend a book i would say read Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner it is really deep about an abused afghan child and a refugee writer trully deep! or brick lane by Monica Ali both brilliant works

On my to-read book list

New Moon
Eclipse
The Host
My Sister's Keeper
War of the Worlds

Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
Leaving Home - Anita Brookner
A Long Way Gone - Ishmael Beah
The Ivy Chronicles - Karen Quinn

So much!. I don't read as much as I used to. :doh:

The land where the blues began by Alan Lomax
El tamaño de mis esperanzas & El idioma de los Argentinos by Jorge Luis Borges.
You get so alone at times that it just makes sense by Charles Bukowski
La Peste by Albert Camus
Trotsky's autobiography.

Just typed the books that are priorities for me at the moment. I want to read more this year.. but, with this crazy economy, I need to get more on amazon as there aren't any stores where I live that carry used books.. I walked into this well-known bookstore the other day and spotted a large selection of Borges' work, and each book was at around 50 dlls!.. and then some people complain that no one reads anymore, well, why would that be!

The Persian Boy: Mary Renault ^_^

I have it on my pc but no time to read too busy with school right now :cry:

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult is on my list of books to read soon ...just waiting for my sister to finish so I can borrow her copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->