Your City's Style?

most people in my city dress like chavs. rich or poor or medium income ...all chavs nonetheless

Girls... mix 'n match .. a lot of items from vintage and thrift stores..

Guys... Eurotrash and evisuheads

very streetwise, bordering on fanboy status when it comes to trends or hype.

Oh no.....we've gone into the 'What's a chav?' talk....I find it so hard to define I'm not even gonna try. I definitely kno one when I see one.

London - Very mixed, very eclectic. Again, hard to define. There are a lot of Sienna/Kate Moss look alikes i.e. skinny jeans, ballet pumps, military jackets. Depends on the area as well... can be head to toe designer in Knightsbridge and Chelsea, avant garde in Shoreditch, boho (frye boots and gypsy skirts) in Notting Hill. A lot are also chavs.

Fade to Black said:
very streetwise, bordering on fanboy status when it comes to trends or hype.

Agreed! Definitely label conscious but often in a nonsensical way.

Lots of people dress very outdoorsy, shopping mainly at mountain equipment co op for their polarized wrap around sunglasses, fleece zip up jackets, and hiking pants made out of some teflon waterproof coating(guys and girls). Hiking boots, plain and bornig clothes. Then the younger girls are dressed up in TNA from head to toe, (think juicy, but better)

and then there is the occasional stylish person...

and then there are the asian kids (14-25) who dress more creatively, they buy most of their clothes from asia, and thats usually why they have cooler clothes!

people are boring here in Vancouver.

very laid back.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Wow....I think that covers most of chavdom. There are TV documentaries made about the phenomenon of the chav so it's a pretty loose term!

On my college town:

Ann Arbor, Michigan: Divided into factions of people who don't care at all how they dress so they tend to just throw on whatever clothes, sweatpants and sweatshirts, etc. (I was just saying, how cool would it be to rock the Martin Margiela inside-out UMich sweatshirt on campus), or the hipster/indie kids who go thrift hunting and are more creative with make-up, outfits, etc. esp. some girls i see whose style is reminiscent of certain TFS members (although not as refined or well put together) but some border on stereotypical hipster...and then there is the "in" crowd who wear the popped collar, abercrombie striped shirts, seven/diesel/citizens etc. jeans.

^^Pretty preppy then.....ah well.....at least you stand out then!

Hard to look original in a sea of Londoners all vying to be the most stylish one of all!

'fanboy' is just a term (usually derogatory) referring to people who are obsessed about following something, be it sneakers, anime, clothes, or whatever, to the point where it gets obnoxious. Case in point: people lining up to buy stuff, overly trendy items like Number (N)ine Fender monogram tees being sold out fast, etc. A lot of it is a result of magazines and celebs hyping up an example for these youngsters to follow, when I guess they don't really think of an original style that defines them.

More on the lining up phenomenon, i think it really destroys the scene for people who want to get things at retail price. Like with sneakers a lot of kids line up to re-sell, making obsessives have to pay a lot of times twice (or a lot more) retail to buy these items. A lot of the Japanese brands are sold at parelle goods (i think that's the term?) shops where the stuff is marked way up after being bought from Japan. Then again it's just the tees and small accessories...it's good that Joyce has bought in some more advanced items from runway presentation.

^Agreed. It's just their misguided way of following fashion blindly by piling on as many labels as possible without really thinking about what it is they're wearing.

Yeah. My favorite outfit of the past summer (two-way tie:( Guy lining up outside elevators on the way up to Sushi Shota in CWB: Junya Watanabe striped tee with animal print on front, turquoise Levi's N3BP...and the other one is white t-shirt with YSL logo on front, Dior Homme blue lurex jeans, spotted at Seibu in Admiralty.

^
:lol: The girls can be funnier. Beams Boy low crotch jeans (that do nothing for their petite bodies) with that hideous pattern on the butt, big Nike sneakers and a Stussy t-shirt and invariably carrying a Gucci/LV tote. The more logos, the better.

ahhh i LOVE the pants girls wear which have really long crotch, start out so baggy on the thigh then taper in at the ankles and calves. So cute :flower:

Usually mixed with a tank top, nike dunks and an LV wallet. Me likey :brows:

^I don't have any objections against the items themselves.....it's the way it's put together that irks me.......and the way that EVERY ONE of them dress like that. It's slightly disturbing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->