Your City's Style?

aarg just wanna put it out there
Jersians (New Jersey) have no style watsoever. we are not trendy either
tshirt jeans sneakers.
and you would think that we're right by New York City we shoulve picked up some kinda style...lol

I'm in university right now so I'm surrounded by people that do not care at all. Sweatpants..hoodies...actual athletic runners...its pretty bad. And when they dress up for Friday nights it's just as bad. What girls define as style are:
- Sevens or Diesel jeans
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- those damn J.Lindenberg hoodies and tees
- hair extensions
- tons of makeup esp. bronzer or tanner
boys:
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- chains and rings. "their bling"
- tight shirts tight jeans
- stud in ears. tanned. gelled hair.

SiennaInLondon said:
True. True. At least they keep us on our toes eh Susie :smile:

Or it keeps my credit card bills running sky high! :D

Love your collage board. A cool inspiration.

The style in Sydney is pretty laid back and casual (like most cities). Everyone's into havaianas thongs, these lose stripe polo type t-shirts, black skinny legs with some form of slouchy bag worn across the body. Black cuffed shorts are also beginning their epidemic quite rapidly which has already turned me right off them and if it continues I don't think I'll be wearing shorts at all this season. (We're in summer by the way)

I live in one of the poorest towns in Iowa. So that being said I'm sure you can understand that people here don't have money for clothes sometimes.

Girls-The "cool" girls wear American Eagle everything. Shoes are flipflops in the summerk, skata shoes in the winter. (Which I don't get since most of them don't skateboard.) The bobo/boho trend is slowy taking over. Almost a year later then every where else.

Guys-Always sneakers. They wouldn't be caught dead in flipflops. It sign of "gayness" in my town. Rich- Polos from American Eagle/Abercromie and the such. Poor-I'm not sure where they get there shirts. Most of it's pretty out there.

Both genders wear Waukon school shirts. You can probally see up to 50-100 people a day wearing one.

so_jealous said:
I'm in university right now so I'm surrounded by people that do not care at all. Sweatpants..hoodies...actual athletic runners...its pretty bad. And when they dress up for Friday nights it's just as bad. What girls define as style are:
- Sevens or Diesel jeans
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- those damn J.Lindenberg hoodies and tees
- hair extensions
- tons of makeup esp. bronzer or tanner
boys:
- ANYTHING DIESEL
- chains and rings. "their bling"
- tight shirts tight jeans
- stud in ears. tanned. gelled hair.
where are you located?

:yuk: In my city there are so many people with the same boring style...
Just a few has a great sence of style with vintage etc.:heart: ^_^

And the boys, the look all the same...:rolleyes:

There's a hell lot of chavs and gangsta style.... then comes the emos, the hippies, the WANNABE hipsters...... that's pretty much it...

And then there's the boring preppy and trendy people who are a bit everywhere....

Here in London...

not many women are following the new ladylike trend, everyone is wearing gypsy skirts, low-slung belts and slouchy bags...very boho

The men just wear t-shirts and jeans and the teenage boys wear tracksuits and trainers, not to forget the baseball cap...very chav

And the teenage girls, many just wear boho or Juicy really

I however am loving the ladylike trend, and making the most of it...B)

chicago

alot of people are followers. in the wicker park area where i live they are into the g-star look or dirty sloppy , busted open cowboy boots w/ toght running shorts
GalleriaResident said:
What are the styles of dress/ppl in your city?

Here people dress in one of three ways. The most popular way by far is the American Eagle look. AE jeans, AE top, AE fake birkenstocks with a knockoff LV bag. Or if you "have money" you throw some Abercrombie in there. Then there's the Wet Seal girls, who shop exclusively at Wet Seal, and wear the loudest, tackiest, overly trendy, ill-fitting clothes humanly imaginable with vinyl stilettos and a knockoff LV bag. These girls are considered the "stylish" girls. The last type is the wannabe-punk/emo kids who shop a mixture of PacSun and Hot Topic, with a knockoff LV bag.

It's hell.

Oh and the whole boho thing here is still going VERY VERY strong, the long necklaces and big belts and cardigan...... :sick:

As well as MUKULKS!!!!!!

wow, boho still going strong, especially in this weather? That sounds crazy...I always imagined the boho look to be one more suitable for late spring or summer...with the flowy skirts, thin cardigans, slouchy neck tops and all...doesn't seem practical for up north below freezing weather. Unless one is a devoted fashion victim.

Where I live it's either juicy sweats or the abercrombie/american eagle surfer casual kind of look... We're nto very fashion forward here :rolleyes:

so_jealous said:
Canada... things don't change at all. trends or stylish individuals practically don't exist.

agreed. although i saw 2 girls in my neighborhood who looked extremely stylish getting off the bus, bu that was a first. :rolleyes:

yourbestfriend said:
agreed. although i saw 2 girls in my neighborhood who looked extremely stylish getting off the bus, bu that was a first. :rolleyes:
When we will learn ..as a nation.. to dress better. sigh. I get so SO excited when I see cute well-dressed boys. They're so rare now I think I'm going crazy.

so_jealous said:
When we will learn ..as a nation.. to dress better. sigh. I get so SO excited when I see cute well-dressed boys. They're so rare now I think I'm going crazy.

Me too *sigh*.... guys all look the same. They're either skaters, straight (shirt and regular pants/jeans but not classy, more often than not it looks cheap) or rappers.:doh:

flip-flops +
singlet tops +
skinny jeans = sydney style

(anything on top of that triple combo is an attempt at boho)

if you want to see attempts at trends i guess you go to Bondi or more cosmopolitan areas like Paddington or something. Trouble is, then you see the thought process involved in the clothes combination. Nothing looks thrown together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->