88th Annual Academy Awards 2016

The fact that Andy Serkis still hasn't won an Oscar is far more upsetting than Leo's quest for me.

Olivia Munn's bit is so boring. It's putting me to sleep!

SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER. THE STAR WARS ROBOTS.

I thought Star Wars would win visual effects but I loved Ex-Machina + it's an indie film so I'm glad for their surprise win

Olivia Munn looks very chic, too bad she matched her lipstick color to her dress.

Awww Jacob Tremblay is so cute, how he stood up to see the star wars androids.

Most Oscars by film:
Mad Max: Fury Road: 6
The Big Short: 1
Spotlight Movie: 1
The Revenant Movie: 1
Ex Machina: 1
The Danish Girl: 1

What a day , what a lovely day for aussies ! Hope George Miller wins best director now.

wait who?
i haven't seen bridge of spies
this seems like a surprise no?

i wanted the other mark r...

oh well. : /

Last edited by a moderator:
He beat Rocky !?! :shock: :shock: OMG I'm sure Leo must be sh*tting in his pants right now because if Stallone didn't win then we might get even bigger surprises.

I can't believe it. Rylance was great but I still fell asleep during Bridge Of Spies.

First unexpected win of the night, Leo must be a bit scared... was this actor nominated for the GG?
He was good on Bridge but I didnt think he was better than Mark or Christian for instance...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know who Dorith is either and I haven't heard of that designer, but she's best dressed of the night!

best editing was a bit of a surprise
really thought "the big short" had that locked up

i think it's the spielberg connection... :angel:

Or Idris or Paul or Jacob but I agree that if there should've been an upset then Ruffalo deserved it more.

Btw, Mark Rylance is a fantastic stage actor that's why he's not really known next to big movie stars. Just for that I'm glad for his win but I really didn't expect it.

He beat Rocky !?! :shock: :shock: OMG I'm sure Leo must be sh*tting in his pants right now because if Stallone didn't win then we might get even bigger surprises.

I can't believe it. Rylance was great but I still fell asleep during Bridge Of Spies.

Leo, unlike Stallone, has been sweeping all season long. Stallone didn't even get a SAG nomination and his film was eligible unlike Christoph Waltz a few years back. That alone should've been a red flag. I just think the problem is that people assumed he was the frontrunner after the Globe speech.

Whoa, big upset. Mark Rylance is hugely respected for his theater work though, regularly called the best stage actor currently living. He was also great in Wolf Hall, so even though I'm sad for Sly I am happy for him.

omg, louis ck was really good... :lol:

AND KILLER SPEECH by the winner of best documentary short!!

change the policy on honour killing? that SHOULD NOT EXIST. :angry:

you go lady!!

I'm just thinking how perfect Daisy could've looked if she had worn her hair down

Also loved the last winner's speech.

Amy was awful..

I never liked the foo fighters or cared for dave grohl but all I see now is the 'f*ck off' david bowie sent to him. :lol:

I love when moments like the best documentary short speech happens. It makes everything less look so shallow and small. She was amazing and I agree Louis CK just proved how he has every right to present an award the guys is hilarious.

Stallone campaigned really hard though, like Leo, that's also why everybody thought he was a lock. Rylance didn't campaign at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->