Alexander McQueen skull scarf (August 2004 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wanted one for a while know but I cant justify $260+ for a scarf. I am always checking for sales though. One day I will have one.

thank you, Velony :smile: ....yes I got used to it in the end I was simply expecting opaque silk I didn't read the part with the chiffon very well when I ordered it (I was too ecstatic :D) ...I had been waiting for three full years to get it ,I had almost given up hope ....I'm sorry to hear it has pulled some strings =( it sounds like such a cool choice to go for purple ,I've noticed it's delicate too, you have to be very careful where you wear and what with (no sharp edges)
Montmartre I know it is expensive, but I think of it this way :rather than having 10 to 15 cheap to medium priced scarves that I know I will get bored with eventually ,I'd rather have one that will last me a lifetime, and doesn't lose its value with time either :smile:

Hi :smile: I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out. Does anyone know if theskullery.com sells authentic mcqueen scarfs?

I just placed a bid on one on Ebay and after looking at some of the sellers other listings (same scarf, different colours) I noticed a tag next to the Alexander Mcqueen one that said "the skullery", so i checked it out and the website made me a bit nervous. The seller does have great feedback and the scarfs look real, but still... I fear I've shot myself in the foot :(

So if anyone knows anything about the scarfs from that particular site, help would be much appreciated!

I don't know Scarlett-O, Why not opt for the official site instead? That's where I got mine from, I didn't want to risk getting a replica :( I checked their site out, and compared a photo with my scarf, they look pretty original to me...

I'm sure our scarves have now become collectors items, & the prices will increase..

R.I.P. Alexander :(

I'm sure our scarves have now become collectors items, & the prices will increase..

R.I.P. Alexander :(

Thats what I was wondering....not to be inconsiderate of his death, but I am curious if pieces like the skull scarf are now considered to be more of a financial investment since he passed?

Thats what I was wondering....not to be inconsiderate of his death, but I am curious if pieces like the skull scarf are now considered to be more of a financial investment since he passed?

his passing is tragic. i think his pieces will always be collector's items-and he will always remain and be remembered for being brilliant and genius in the fashion world.
may he rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Busted out my knock off, it's the thought that counts. RIP.
2mmsugm.jpg

Hi :smile: I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out. Does anyone know if theskullery.com sells authentic mcqueen scarfs?

I just placed a bid on one on Ebay and after looking at some of the sellers other listings (same scarf, different colours) I noticed a tag next to the Alexander Mcqueen one that said "the skullery", so i checked it out and the website made me a bit nervous. The seller does have great feedback and the scarfs look real, but still... I fear I've shot myself in the foot :(

So if anyone knows anything about the scarfs from that particular site, help would be much appreciated!

I agree with Elle M. And besides, the scarves really aren't that expensive if you look in the right place. I've seen them for around $200 and under, brand new at legit stores. Ebay's not going to save you much (especially now) and you'll be wondering about authenticity.

I have one that I got from the actual website.

I wore it today in honor of him.

He was so inspiring to me and it felt like he always was designing for me. I have quite an eclectic and edgy taste when it comes to fashion, so he always was right up my ally.

He will be missed.

If only we had him give his final show, so he can at least go out in a good way.

Bought one of the last one's in Barney's today. Navy & Red silk. It's gorgeous.
The salesman said they are literally FLYING out.

I have his karma sutra edition scarf, want one of his original ones. His feather scarf for this season is also gorgeous.

What do you guys think about how his passing will affect his merchandise? Will the products still be produced or is it over? I can't really afford anything so have always been content to admire runway photos and videos, but now I'm thinking of trying to snag a piece for myself. THe $260 skull scarf, while still about 5x what I would normally justify spending on a scarf, is so tempting to me now. Like I feel like it will be a piece of history. Should I go for it, or will these things be produced forever? I don't want to splurge my account away if it is something that will always be there, but will it? Will they stop producing his designs? Even if the house stays and they put in a new designer, I would still want a piece of what is the "real" McQueen. Sorry, this feels so shallow to talk about in light of the tragedy but I'm afraid if I want anything, I don't have much time before everything is sold out forever!:ninja:

eta: so after reading what I wrote, I decided to go for it. I just pre-ordered a b&w skull scarf at neiman marcus. I can't believe I spent that much on a scarf but it is really special. I wish I could have gotten a pair of boots or something instead but those are all ridiculously out of my price range unfortunately. I think I will be very happy and it is worth it, but if I ever change my mind, I can still return, or get probably more than full price back on eBay. But then I don't think I will ever change my mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ i had so much anxiety thinking the same, that i will miss the chance of owning a piece of him!!! i already owned a blue/navy and just got the ivory/black. you will love the scarf! :heart:

I wore mine yesterday :heart:
to be honest, i don't think they will stop producing the scarves. They sell well at all times and really are classic.

For people in London/England.

Harvey Knicks, Net-A-Porter.com and Matches.com have sold out of the scarfs.
Both Selfridges and Harrods had plently when I was there yesterday but then they could have sold out by today.
The salespeople at Harrods told me that the next season order has already been placed so they are still expecting them to arrive.

If you want something special from McQueen then this is a great choice so I would try my hardest to get one.

It's a nice tribute that people are rushing to buy these now. I prefer to think that people are buying the scarves in tribute rather than for potential increase in value, I hope so...for most people it's an easy way to have something which is very McQueen. In any case, while the future of the brand remains unclear, I agree with Legyviel, the scarves are such a well-known item and it would surely be easy to keep producing them, and in that way, whatever happens with the brand they would always be around to remind people of him.

Or maybe I read too much into a scarf...

I personally have just the one in cream/black ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kev007
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->