Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf

mistress_f

Hell on Heels
Reaction score
the one in the phots is in silk, but the one i tried on was in cachemere... i don't think it comes in other colors, it's just the b/w greyish print on the photo. i need it in my life. badly.

cashmere sounds great. silk would be too thin for fall/winter. do you remember how much it was?

cashmere sounds great. silk would be too thin for fall/winter. do you remember how much it was?

i think it was 338 euros. but it might've been higher. im sure it was 3hundred-something-8. :lol:

I finally bought my first skulls scarf , I'm saying my first cos I'm planning to buy a few more! I got the black / White combo which I think it's perfect for any season, I'll be more adventorous next time I think

since this thread was bumped. cold finally seems to have arrived, so i went and bought the angels and demons scarf i posted about a while ago:

scarf32.jpg

im in love with it.

I got a classic black/white silk scarf from his store in Vegas a month ago! Gorgeous!

I've been dying.. DYING!! For an Alexander McQueen skull scarf for the longest.. :lol:

I just bought the rose small diamond shaped silk one from Liberty, it's lovely and perfect for me becase the shape means it is very easy to fold it and tie it as a wide hairband.

I had a silk one that I lost in the back of the cab. Ha, now I am trying to repurchase a new one. They are amazing!

A friend of mine was just gifted a pink/red skull scarf. It snagged twice within minutes of putting it on. Still gorgeous though. They're $495 at the Mcqueen meatpacking store.

I bought a largish silk one on Friday; ivory with black skulls. It was an impulse buy, but I'm so glad I got it. They are stunning things to own, I've noticed a lot of places are sold out at the moment too, which I'm guessing is the Royal Wedding effect.

I am so in love with AM scarves. I have two skulls in chiffon/silk and just bought a jersey skull scarf from SAKS during their recent sale.

I'm going to revive this dead thread because I need my fashion queens from the early 2000s to come to the rescue and help me solve a mystery...

I'm looking to buy the skull scarf but why are they all so SMALL??? I've found basically two sizes on the resale market and only one size available in boutiques -- the skull scarves are all either ~41"x41" or around 41"x48".

Now here's the mystery I need solved --- when you throw a scarf of the above sizes around your neck, it falls to just below your chest. But when I look up the paparazzi photos of the celebs who rocked this trendy scarf in the 2000s (Nicole Richie, Mary Kate Olsen, etc.), the scarves fell to around their knees... Now, I understand these two women are on the shorter side but the math still doesn't add up. Was the skull scarf once much larger? I've looked everywhere to find a larger one but cannot. It's a mystery!!! Can someone help me understand? I'm looking for the longer one that the ladies used to rock.

Here are some visuals to show you what I means.... the one on the mannequin is the scarf being sold today... vs the longer ones you see on the celebs from the 2000s.mary-kate-olsen-and-alexander-mcqueen-scarf.jpg
Photo: Perez Hilton

b101b4ab883f21797921c1f62e73e183.jpg

34992.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 6.12.13 PM.png
Photo: TheRealReal

Maybe there was once an iteration being sold as a wrap or a shawl? I thought MK was just wearing her scarf with most of one end dangling to one side but then the pic of Nicole looks like it's got even ends and is the same scarf (not two scarves knotted together and slung around her neck as I initially thought)..... a closer look at a fashion magazine of that era that actually detailed prices of those scarves eg something like Lucky might help? But there's no guarantee any issue will contain an entry about the scarf.

ok a root through 1stdibs shows this....the yellow silk one looks like it could come down to mid-thigh on a woman as petite as MK and it's from 2003... the fuchsia one is 190 cm long and made of wool+purchased from a McQueen store c. 2010 according to the seller...so yes, you're right that McQueen did make longer versions of the skull scarves at one point, this is just two designs but it looks likely there were more.
25x190 MCQ scrf.jpg 25x190 MCQ scrf label.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->