Alexander McQueen skull scarf (August 2004 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^this season they're doing a jersey version, grey with blue skulls which is alot more wearable, the did other colors also (retail £170)

^ Could we be talking about the same one? Grey with blue skulls was also available. I had never heard of "modal" before reading the tag on the scarf but after a quick search on Google it seems it's the same as jersey! Anyway I paid mine €175 so it would make sense!

^Here is the one I'm talking about, i saw it the other day in Selfridges and it looks great, they also do it in pink but i won't go there :lol:

^ That's the one I got, except the skulls are black. The blue looks good too. About the pink, I wouldn't go there either :lol: I do have pink stuff but as a detail on a scarf it looks too feminine IMO

^good choice, thats GORGE
well it depends what sort of Pink really, that pink is too feminine on the scarf

Does anyone know the last few years of seasonal designs? I have a scarf which I can't place in a collection.

Just in case someone does here is an image of the scarf...I have the chiffon 1m x 1m and my mother has a heavier silk version, the same size. The skulls are made from a paisley design and a less busy paisley border goes around the edge. The skulls are gold with tiny accents of green, as is the border. I haven't been able to trace a similar scarf online and McQueen showed the merest hint of paisley in FW2008 mens collection; the scarf apparently came from SS2008. These are definitely women's scarves as they're labelled as shawls. The codes off the label for the chiffon are: 2008 3 U. 8030978723. 205733010Q6275. FO Paisley Skull Chiffon. EFCO8000042. It's bugging me because I like to reference most pieces. I have a skull scarf belt from the Shipwreck collection, at least that's easy to place as it went down the catwalk.

I have a sort of blood red one with black skulls, it's a few seasons old now I think, but I absolutely love it. I mostly wrap it around my hair as a sort of wide Bardot-style hairband.
Photograph is my own, apologies for poor quality.

i just got my first one! its black with ivory skulls! i love itttttttttt i already want another one....old rose or ivory/black???

I just bought two more today, Green with Black skulls (chiffon) and Silvery Grey with same tone skulls (pure silk).

I love the scarves but somehow I am changing my mind about them. Can you lovely ppl give me some suggestions? 'keeper' or 'I say no no'?

excuse the messy room :P

oh also was the original skull scarf made in silk and not chiffon? I read that the silk version is more desirable to collect.

The original versions were silk chiffon weren't they? I prefer the silk/wool ones personally, they're bigger usually also.

Does anyone know when the jersey versions will be released? I thought they were part of the SS10 range, but there's been nothing around of them so far.

As far as I'm concerned the first ones were silk chiffon as well.

kaka, keep all of them. I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of them.

I have two silk chiffon ones (cream/purple and pink/grey) and one that's a little different made of silk only with a pattern and big skulls and I'm actually thinking about getting another one. I love them esp. in the spring.

Does anyone know when the jersey versions will be released? I thought they were part of the SS10 range, but there's been nothing around of them so far.

I saw a grey/blue jersey one in a Boston boutique the other day but all of the major department stores around here don't have any (yet?)...

ETA: They're available from the McQueen website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original versions were silk chiffon weren't they? I prefer the silk/wool ones personally, they're bigger usually also.

I was in Selfridges the other day and they had the jersey ones in, i only saw the Grey/Blue version though

thanks ladies for your replies.

Velony - yes the silver one is pure silk which is thicker and not see through as the silk chiffon version. I find the material heavy n quite delicate compared to the silk chiffon ones.

^R.E the Jersey ones... I saw them about a month back in Selfridges. Grey/blue and grey/pink.

Can anyone please post a pic of the jersey ones? Now I'm thinking may I should get one of those instead of another silk/chiffon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->