All Black... All The Time!

I do love wearing black...but I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut wearing just black!

Most of my outfits lately have been all black, except when I've mixed it up on a few occasions with grey and navy (so dark someone said it was black :lol:)

Today everything is black (dress, cardigan, tights, shoes, bag, coat), although I am wearing some non-black jewellery, and I think the colour of my clothes makes those pieces stand out more. I need to start putting some colour in somewhere but I love black, and it's so easy to wear, and my skin tone doesn't seem to like a lot of bright colours.

I do love wearing black...but I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut wearing just black!

Most of my outfits lately have been all black, except when I've mixed it up on a few occasions with grey and navy (so dark someone said it was black :lol:)

Today everything is black (dress, cardigan, tights, shoes, bag, coat), although I am wearing some non-black jewellery, and I think the colour of my clothes makes those pieces stand out more. I need to start putting some colour in somewhere but I love black, and it's so easy to wear, and my skin tone doesn't seem to like a lot of bright colours.

yep, my skin looks funny with bright colours too.... i have a lot of bright/crazy coloured shoes which eliminates the 'why does evrerything make my face look yellow and pale' problem, looks great with all black, and lets you buy a lot of wacky shoes you couldn't buy if you were wearing too many colours/patterns otherwise :smile:

Black + Me = Instant Morticia :ninja:

It's my long black hair. I've learned not to wear red lips with black... smokey eyes, a slightly bronze cheek and nudish mouth, and a nonchalant updo works better

A few things I noticed; besides the obvious importance of mixing textures and matching shades of black...

As convenient and chic as it is, I find it feels rather draining sometimes to wear black, like it sucks energy out of me. Strange. It doesnt give you energy like wearing red, pink or light colors does. It also gets boring fast.

Black and I were best buddies when my hair was briefly dyed reddish chestnut.

^^ agreed on the hair comment also -- my hair is almost always assorted very vibrant shades of red, and i find that having such bright hair a.) cancels out a lot of 'morticia'ness, and b.) that about 40% of colours look vile with my hair anyhow.

Wearing all-back. Original, or lazy?

What do you guys think of wearing all black? It always LOOKS good, and it's hard to go WRONG with it, but do you think that wearing all black ever signifies laziness to match and be unique?

I ask this because on a lot of days when the weather is bad outside, I often find myself wearing all-black just because I'm too lazy to do anything else and wearing all-black is the easiest way for me to look chic without much effort. I wonder if anyone else does this.

Do you guys feel this way too, or is it just me?

What do you guys think of wearing all black? It always LOOKS good, and it's hard to go WRONG with it, but do you think that wearing all black ever signifies laziness to match and be unique?

I ask this because on a lot of days when the weather is bad outside, I often find myself wearing all-black just because I'm too lazy to do anything else and wearing all-black is the easiest way for me to look chic without much effort. I wonder if anyone else does this.

Do you guys feel this way too, or is it just me?

yeaa ii lovvve black its a color that u can wear at anytime , no effort ,
and look elegant ,, even if its basic with no detail ,,

i also like paring black with creme/off white ,, or sumthing redd , or gold ,, like a shall , or heels , jewellery ,, its not considered lazy ,,

i think its smart ,,a chic look without trying ,, instead of dressing sloppy in items that dont match or in sumthing thats not suitable for wherever it is your going ,, weather its work , dinner , appointment , or whatever ..

dressing in all navy blue , grey , beije ,, works too

merged with a pre-existing thread...
:flower:

not something I can really pull off I don't think, but the xx do all black very well

I wear all black often when I don't feel like putting too much energy into an outfit. Sometimes I just want to throw stuff on but still look great. Mixing colours or patterns takes a bit more effort for me.. But I have been buying more colours lately which helps, mostly natural colours...

I used to wear a lot of black when I was in school, friends of my sister thought I was a goth ! I wasn't, I just liked the colour.

I think the majority of people actually choose NOT to wear a lot of black because they think that it gives off a "goth" vibe. I personally find it super chic and edgy (especially when paired with the right accessories), but of course wearing all-black all the time can get a bit boring if you see that person a lot.

I love all black looks, but you have to keep it interesting by mixing different textures and shades of it. All of one type of black can go very wrong very easily.

Ok ... I have to come clean about this ... I hate black .. I loathe it ... why you may ask?

Two reasons:

ONE My skin color. I'm brown! I mean .. my skin colour is caramelly. Im not sure if its because of the fail attempts I see on the costarican streets to be metal or goth (quite unsuccesfully) but I think all-black doesnt quite look as good on people with really dark or really fair skin opposite people with olivey-medium tinted skin. To me the whole outfit looks blurry and messy ... dont you agree? PLEASE give me some input about it because it drives me crazy

Here's an example .. Omahyra M wearing all black

00070f.jpg

from style.com

I mean I know it doesnt look like THAT bad but it does look better against other complexions, dont you think?

TWO. I have lots of colour on my wardrobe. My fave colour is white. I wear it cautiously (to avoid the JLo, rapper look) but black isnt a easy color to match. Actually, you can ONLY match it with other neutrals, imho (taupe, sometimes khakis and chocolates, navy and grey). Yes, you can wear some strong colors to give it a punch (even neons) but in REALLY small quantities and generally on accesories.

My new years resolution is to wear more black but I have two pairs of jeans and an old Depeche mode tee. I think need to get more clothes in order to pull it off :P (so far I go for the b&w look .. or throwin some navy in between).

Any pointers on good staples for an all black outfit (I guess I shud start with shoes .. prob some cambat boots wud suffice)

I wear all black all the time. But I don't look classy or elegant :lol: Where I live there's snow and ice 7 months a year so I'm stuck with wearing boots and coats and it usually makes me look like a goth. I don't mind because I used to have an intense goth phase in my teens and I still think that's more me than a elegant and feminine look.
As for why I only wear black... I don't even know, I just don't like bold or pastel colors on myself. I just love black clothes the most, I guess.

Im blonde and always get more compliments when I wear all black. I wear more colorful makeup to avoid the washout tho. And accessories like gold cuffs and bits of necklaces.

living in New York where so many people are into black all the time, I'm trying to stay away from it...

I hate to wear black clothes. In my wardrobe I have only one pure-black dress and it's all. Just don't feel good in this colour...

I love all black looks, there are some amazing bloggers out there who rock it.

definitely having a black moment right now...

maybe it's a backlash to all the colour on the runway...
maybe it's the cooler weather...
but i am just feeling very strong and confident in all black at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->