All Black... All The Time!

^ Agree. It's a look that I love, but it's easy for me to fall into the dull and lifeless group. Although all black is flattering on just about every body type, pulling it off really depends on your bone structure and coloring. (Attitude too, but doesn't that count for every type of style?) Note: I do not in any way mean your level of "hotness". In general, I think people who have high contrast coloring and strong features look the most striking in all black.

I have black hair and do not feel that black is my best color, although I think it looks so, so chic onb londe girls. I feel like my pale face stands out too much with an all-black outfit and my black hair.

it works better in the winter, but not in the summer.
who wants to wear all black when it's 90 degrees outside. :ermm:

i wear mostly black most of the time...at least when the heat is reasonably bearable.

I never really dare to wear all black, a black and grey checked shirt with black jeans is as close as I get.
Black trousers and a black shirt looks good but you have to be careful not to be mistaken for a waiter!

I think I'd go crazy from trying to match blacks. So many shades. x_x

I never really dare to wear all black, a black and grey checked shirt with black jeans is as close as I get.
Black trousers and a black shirt looks good but you have to be careful not to be mistaken for a waiter!
If you choose the right pieces and the right fit people won't mistake you for a waiter.

Mie, unless you're wearing a suit you'll never quite match the shades of black. That's why when people wear all black they shift the focus to draping, textures, etc.

Much of the fun of wearing all black is to mix different shades.

I usually like to break out and wear one item that is definitely dark grey.

Having slight tinges of green and brown is good, too.

i have to say that with the massive 80's pop colour revival going on...
whenever i see a girl dressed in black head to toe...
she really stands out from the crowd and almost always looks 10 times cooler than all the people around...
*all of whom are obviously making a huge effort to look cool...

whereas the lady in black looks like she doesn't even have to try...
she just IS...cool...

B)

I live in ny... I wear black... like, just as a basic. And so do... all my friends, and most people I know.... It's such a clique ... but its true. And I like it.
but I do have clothes w colors... I just never wear them except when I'm doing laundry... no just joking, I wear colors sometimes... but black is like home base.

The great thing about wearing black all the time is that it allows the cut and fit of a garment to differentiate style.

One of the keys to doing all-black well is paying attention to texture and whether clothing is matte or shiny. A pebble-leather bag, sateen trousers, silk blouse, suede belt... whatever. Mix it up so it's not a uniform. Woven leather, textured things, all that helps. Cut is also a huge deal, as is opacity vs. sheer.

Texture is essential with any palette; learning how to harmoniously combine fabrics is one of the most important things in developing style. It really makes all the difference

I did the "all black" thing for many years. As a goth/punk and then as a mono simplistic. I've been replacing black with navy and grey as of late and slowly going towards more soft colours. It feels strange to wear patterns and colours after so many years of black black black!

I always say black is a winner... and at some venues to take pictures at the pit you gotta wear completely on black... as my personal professional experience...
I love black jeans, black top, black vest, black boots, black hat... that rocks!

Texture is a definate must when wearing all black. I'm doing black greys and white at the moment.

I dont wear all black all the time but I do own a lot of black and wear a lot of it all the time. I think wearing black is really about the styling because it can be seen as either not caring about style and taking the easy way of dressing or as to goth. Also I think the main concern with wearing all black is do the blacks match never wear a warm black with a cool black it looks awful or a green black.

I do wear a lot of black, but when I wear all black I always look like I'm heading to a funeral, although other people never do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->