All Black... All The Time!

You could always dye your hair red or get highlights in your hair.

Use red lipstick or wear colorful nail polish.

I love the mix of all black to blonde hair:heart:

Oh me too :flower:.

I personally love wearing head-to-toe black but you have to be very careful in what fabrics and cuts you choose or you can end up looking dull/boring very easily.

A look for fall that I've always loved is a black voluminous trench paired with patterned tights and black patent heels/booties. And maybe add a black printed scarf for added interest. A very simple look imo but with the right pieces it can look very chic ^_^.

...Also I think the main concern with wearing all black is do the blacks match never wear a warm black with a cool black it looks awful or a green black.

Oh, I love a green-black, I love the awfulness of it! :blush:

Oh me too :flower:.

I personally love wearing head-to-toe black but you have to be very careful in what fabrics and cuts you choose or you can end up looking dull/boring very easily.

A look for fall that I've always loved is a black voluminous trench paired with patterned tights and black patent heels/booties. And maybe add a black printed scarf for added interest. A very simple look imo but with the right pieces it can look very chic ^_^.

Bottega has a fabulous black trench with really great texture this fall :heart:

^ Hmm I am looking for a new trench...

Thanks for the tip; checking it out now :flower:.

^ And as I recall, a pretty reasonable price too! It's in Barneys' latest catalog ... I really loved it. I should perhaps add that they described it as a trench--I wouldn't have called it that. But it's so gorgeous that I think you won't care whether there are epaulets ...

Let me know if you want all the details & I'll tell you what the copy says. I'm not sure if Barneys' regular catalogs are on their website??

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried experimenting with color this summer, but it felt sooo weird... I'm back to being my "natural/normal" self (black with the odd shade of gray thrown in from time to time)...

I love all black. I used to be professional pit band musician, and it was expected that everyone had a set of "blacks" for the gig. Even charcoal wasn't allowed!

I typically wore a suit, and although I'm not really a suit guy, I liked the all black look. As others have said, there was a feeling of confidence, strength or whatever. Over time, black became my staple "color" and I'd guess that right now at least half of my wardrobe is black which is partly due to several pairs of black leather pants [I admit that I have an addiction for them :smile:] In fact, my favorite outfit on the planet - for me - is black Versace leather pants with black dress-y shoes and a black sweater. It's a bit "sturm und drang" looking, but I love it.

Sometimes it's okay...
But I think very, very few people can pull the all black look off.
It's not a very flattering colour (skin tone wise) for many people. A couple of stylists told me once that it's the most overestimated colour - in terms of "black is flattering" - it does slim you. But it washes alot of people out.

OMG! just discovered this thread... so inspiring!

i ALWAYS wear all black. i sleep in black pyjamas, in black bed, in black sheets with my black dog. i wear only black. all of the people got used to it.. even my mum. i love black. i feel comfortable in black.

i am dark blonde with long, long curls and a bit dark skin, so black suits me perfectly.

i wear black leather jacket, black tights, black dresses, black ballet flats and black handbags. all the time. :wink: i have 56 black dresses and 13 pairs of black ballet flats by marc jacobs, lacoste and tommy hilfiger. obviously black gloves, black scarf and black headband. :wink:

maybe sometimes i look straight from the funeral, but the most important think is to feel confident and comfortable in your own skin.

THANK U GUYS SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD. you are all the best here.

I'm finding myself always wearing monotone oufits - black, grey, white. Maybe it's a good thing but since I'd really like to splash some colour on from time to time.
Black might be classy and elegant but it's really refreshing seeing a great outfit which doesn't have any black or grey.

I don't know. I feel like wearing all-black often just removes one element of creativity from your outfit. Sometimes it is stark and elegant, yes, but I think most of the time it looks boring. I never wear all black. I occasionally wear only black and grey/silver (like for homecoming, I wore a silver dress with black shoes) but only when I'm showing a decent amount of skin so there's high contrast (I'm really pale).

Point: I feel like color is an essential part of an outfit and if you take that away it leaves the outfit wanting.

I love wearing all black with a pop of color.. like a necklace, bag, or shoes.. or even silver or gold bracelets + ruby earrings.

tumblr_kr9b37ll1s1qzfrtoo1_400.jpg

whatsupsthlm.se/4inches

^amazing look!

I'm also wearing black very often however sometimes I enjoy to dress more colorful. Many people ask me:,,Are you going to funeral,vampire?" (I am wearing red lips) but I don't care.
Black is very comfortable and elegant and as PinkPrincess113 said..black looks fine with other colours-especially with red and blue:heart:

I love wearing black! I think black is such an amazing color to wear.. It goes with anything! :smile: I love black accessories, shoes, jackets, etc. I also think it has a sophisticated look to it that can never go wrong! Pretty much, I wear some kind of black outfit a lot!

i think 99% of my wardrobe consits of black clothes/shoes/accessories. i like colourful clothes aswelk, but just not for myself. besides, i think there are a lot more ways to play with sillhouettes and materials when you're wearing all black.

i think 99% of my wardrobe consits of black clothes/shoes/accessories. i like colourful clothes aswelk, but just not for myself. besides, i think there are a lot more ways to play with sillhouettes and materials when you're wearing all black.

agreed stinah. i buy much more adventurously shaped/textured/styled pieces in blacks and greys; i think keeping a monotone black/grey pallette lets you be more adventurous without looking overdone and ridiculous. can you imagine any of rick owens/ann dx/gareth pugh's pieces if they were anything other than b+w/grey/neutrals? would look totally absurd.

It's pretty rare that I wear all black, or almost all black.. Though I find it somewhat refreshing when I actually do it since I tend to wear quite a lot of colour, paired with neutral though..
colours and pattern tend to speak to me in a way that black does not. Eg. If I see two dresses one in a colour, it pretty much doesn't matter which, and one black one, I'll pick the coloured one since it's more fun..

Though that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate all black on other people, cause I really do.. It can look really great if done correctly. But it's just not for me.. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->