Apple's iPhone

best phone i have ever bought , it is now my life , i do everything on it to a certain respect

I can't decide between the 16GB and 32GB... Is the difference only in the space or does the 32GB have other advantages? Do you run out of space quickly with the 16GB?

I would like to buy an iphone .. someone know a good seller? Here in spain it cost 700€ and is TOO much! I know in the USA is around 600$ ... can someone help me??? :smile:

I can't decide between the 16GB and 32GB... Is the difference only in the space or does the 32GB have other advantages? Do you run out of space quickly with the 16GB?

no its all about the usage

i have a 16GB and got about 2000 songs, 1000 pictures and some videos on it...and theres still 3/4 of it free

I have a 32GB. I figured that if I am getting this phone I'd better go all out. So glad I did b/c I dont have to worry about it getting full any time soon.

I know when I get the monthly phone bill I'll be crying. :( It looks like it will be an extra $60 more than my Tmobile bill.

I'm still pissed off about the phone carrier deal I had to make with Sonera here in Finland, when I bought the phone. I think for the 1,5 years it's been available here, Sonera has had exclusive distribution rights to the iPhone in my country, and you can't buy the phone without one of their super-expensive carrier deals, which raises the price of the phone from about 600 bucks to a good twice that in two years. I got it anyway, because that's how badly I wanted the phone, but it doesn't make me any less pissed off to get a 30-dollar monthly phone bill from Sonera -- and that's without 3G, the phone calls or text messages. :yuk:

Having said that, iPhone is seriously the best phone I've ever had. My three earlier ones were all Nokias, with operating systems nothing short of sh!t, and two of which broke irreparably within the year of purchase. At least the third lasted 2,5 years, though I was able to break it twice in that time. :P I have a white 16GB iPhone 3G. I've had it for a good year now, and despite the abuse it's had to take, it hasn't fallen to pieces on me yet -- quite surprising considering my tendency to abuse technology and how fragile and delicate the phone looks. I think, when I finally do wreck this thing, I will once again dish out another 600 bucks for a new phone, but I'm hoping that by the time that happens there will be a newer, even better model out then. And considering how well my existing phone works today, it is looking increasingly likely that it will actually last until the next model. The same which can't be said of any Nokia I've ever had.

Really wish there had been 32GB models available back then, though. I'm really having trouble managing with "just" 16GB.

Woo! Only one year left of expensive as frak phone bills! :lol:

my mother wants to get one but she can barely figure out a regular phone,which she lost,so I keep reminding her of all the possible things that will confuse her on it.

hi everyone, i finally bought the iphone and i love it sooo much but i have one issue, is it normal for the screen to turn off when your talking on the phone?

there have been a few times when this has happend and i need the screen so i could push numbers when i'm talking to an opperator machine.

the only way to get the screen back is when i push the button on top of the phone but then that restars ever it and i have to make the phone call again
please help because i have 5 days until i can return the phone. i was thinking i would ask for another one because mine isn't working properly

hi everyone, i finally bought the iphone and i love it sooo much but i have one issue, is it normal for the screen to turn off when your talking on the phone?

there have been a few times when this has happend and i need the screen so i could push numbers when i'm talking to an opperator machine.

the only way to get the screen back is when i push the button on top of the phone but then that restars ever it and i have to make the phone call again
please help because i have 5 days until i can return the phone. i was thinking i would ask for another one because mine isn't working properly

Always happens to me except it doesn't completely turn off. It just flashes on and off. Fails so hard when actually using it as a phone LOL. I actually have no idea how to fix it, guess you just have to live with it, or just GOOGLE IT! :P You COULD try sending it back or exchanging it, since that is pretty faulty and you still have 5 days left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always happens to me except it doesn't completely turn off. It just flashes on and off. Fails so hard when actually using it as a phone LOL. I actually have no idea how to fix it, guess you just have to live with it, or just GOOGLE IT! :P You COULD try sending it back or exchanging it, since that is pretty faulty and you still have 5 days left.

hi thanks for the advice. i think i'll go to at&t and ask them about it before i exchange it.
the phone dosn't turn off because i'm still able to talk i guess i ment the screen goes black and i can't get it back unless i push the botton on the top which disconnects my phone call

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, that's a little weird. I think the screen turning off (but without locking it) when holding the phone to your ear is an actual feature of the phone, and quite a handy one, too. When you're talking for lengthy periods of time, it can be very screen and battery consuming to have the screen lights on the entire time. But the second you move it away from touching your ear, the screen should turn itself on again, unless it's locked, and you should be able to use the number dial as per usual.

Have you tried setting the phone so that it doesn't lock the screen automatically after a minute or two? I don't know if locking the screen is what you're phone is doing, because I've always had it on manual, so I don't know if the phone locks the screen even when you're talking into it, but having it set to not lock the screen on its own might help.

But probably not. If I understood your description correctly, it's not doing what it's supposed to. I have the In-Ear headphones with the microphone that I use for my phone, and if I happen to be listening to music when someone calls me on it, I usually use the headphones for talking and lock the screen. But if I want to unlock it, I just slide the unlock-button, and it doesn't restart or end the call. Even if it happens to return to the home screen, there's a green bar on the top of the screen that says, "Touch to return to call", and obviously the call is on throughout, until I or the other end it. Maybe you're pressing the top button too long? If you just quickly push it, it should only wake up the screen, with the time and your current background image etc., but if you push it for several seconds, it'll think you want to turn the thing off. But unless you actually choose to turn off your phone, it shouldn't disconnect the call. It never has for me.

I'd go back to the store with it either way. Even if it turns out there's nothing wrong with it, at least you'd get instructions on how to handle it. :flower:

oh, i didn't know about the settings so the phone dosn't lock. i'll try that now. i'm not on the phone for that long maybe like 1 minute and the screen goes black. but i'll try the settings to see how that works out but i will ask the store people info about the phone becuause i didn't stick around for instructions

adore - Cheeky is correct, it is indeed a feature of the phone. If the screen stayed lit while speaking, there is the potential for pushing mute/hold etc. on accident, so I like that it turns black when its held against the ear. The phone knows when you put it down and will light up otherwise. The only time the screen will stay lit during the entire call is if it is on speakerphone.

I just bought the "Naked Case" for my iPhone by Case-Mate. It has a touch-through screen protector, and it's clear all over. Has anyone used this case before? I paid only $5 for it (including shipping) so I know it won't be a huge loss if I don't like it, but I was just curious!

Ordered the black 32GB today :clap: Unfortunately not in stock at the moment, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Does anyone know how to turn a music from the ipod part in a ring phone?!?
TIA

If you purchased the music on I tunes you can convert it to a ringtone in Itunes if you right click on the song. If not, you will need a 3rd party program such as iRinger to create tones.

I did it with iTunes, there are many tutorials online on how to do this :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->