Apple's iPhone

^ Don't go buying too many songs via iTunes just for the sake of getting ringtones before you've tried it, though. The feature is apparently somehow region-restricted, which I discovered the hard way when I tried to convert my purchased iTunes music into ringtones and only got this:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. An unknown error occurred (11556).

Which upon googling turned out to have something to do with the country I'm in (Finland, Europe). Or something. Either way, it doesn't work for me. I can't tell you how royally pissed I was when I found out, because not only do these kind of region restrictions rub me the wrong way in general, I only "upgraded" (ha!) to iTunes 9 and Safari 4 on my Mac to be able to create those fabled iPhone ringtones. I found a workaround, and I have a great selection of software for it, but it doesn't make me any less angry.

On another note, though, I once again discovered how amazingly well-crafted the iPhone is when I dropped it 1,5 meters onto the (very much operational) treadmill mid-workout. The treadmill then whipped it another meter and a half across the floor. And yet, not a scratch or sign of a malfunction. I swear, any of my earlier Nokia phones (except maybe that idiot-proof one, which I however also eventually broke, even though it took me 2,5 years to do so), would've crashed to pieces on impact.

Yep I love it, I own the white 3gs
I bought the iTouch and knew I had to get the iPhone :smile:

Has anyone downloaded the Yahoo Messenger app? How do I change my userpic/display image?

I've had my iPhone for about three weeks now. The phone itself is really beautiful, but I do regret buying it a little, because of the price.
One minus about the phone is how fast the battery goes down, even if I don't use it for anything. But I can't complain too much, otherwise it's really good.

I've had my iPhone for about three weeks now. The phone itself is really beautiful, but I do regret buying it a little, because of the price.
One minus about the phone is how fast the battery goes down, even if I don't use it for anything. But I can't complain too much, otherwise it's really good.

Same here. I have to charge it every day. The battery life is quite disappointing.

turn off your 3g, wifi, bluetooth...etc, when you are not using them.

this should help you out a bit. give you extra battery life.

also about ringtones.

you can use garageband to create them.

i posted a how to earlier in this thread, if i remember correctly.
very E A S Y.

turn off your 3g, wifi, bluetooth...etc, when you are not using them.
I've done all that, it does help a little. But it sure would be nice not having to do that always. But oh well, can't have it all.

I agree about the battery life. Luckily I work at a computer all day so I can keep my phone plugged in during the day. I also have the Mophie Juice Pack air case which doubles the battery life, but I only use that when I am traveling. It does make the phone a bit bulky but I'd rather have a bulky phone w/ battery power than vice versa.

Same here. I have to charge it every day. The battery life is quite disappointing.

Really? :shock: And here I've been super-pleased with the battery life, surprised at how it can just go on for days and days and days! :lol: But perhaps it has something to do with my settings, like someone pointed out here. I have pretty much everything except Wi-Fi turned off. Though I do also listen to a lot of music.

^ Really? I don't even listen to music with my iphone, I have a separate ipod for that. I use the internet a lot though. Maybe that's it?

I found that when you charge the phone over night the battery lasts longer - meaning if you keep it charged even if the battery shows 100% it seems to last long. At least mine does.

Yes it is strange :shock:

Is there a good (preferably free) MSN app available?

I use eBuddy! It's free and very easy to use. It lets you log into not only MSN but also AIM and Yahoo Messenger. As well as a couple of others I believe..check it out.

the home button doesn't work that well on mine, i have to hold it down for a second for it to work. also there's a crack above where you plug the charger into. probably due to my recklessness; i don't take much care of it

^ Really? I don't even listen to music with my iphone, I have a separate ipod for that. I use the internet a lot though. Maybe that's it?

That could very well be a factor. I hardly use the internet at all via my phone, because my MacBook Pro follows with me wherever I go except maybe the bathroom, so there usually is no need. In fact, my iPhone screen is turned off most of the time, even when I listen to music and answer the phone, because I use my in-Ear headphones for answering and rewinding/fast forwarding tracks.

I found that when you charge the phone over night the battery lasts longer - meaning if you keep it charged even if the battery shows 100% it seems to last long. At least mine does.

Yes it is strange :shock:

That actually makes sense to me. I don't know if and how this would apply to the iPhone, but I remember back in the day when I had an iPod Video, the battery charging instructions had something about that in them. As I recall it, according to the instructions, my iPod would charge to 80% or something within the first hour of charging and would show as "full battery" even though it wasn't, and that it would actually take 4h for the battery to charge to 100%. ^_^

I have looked through much of this thread, and I haven't really seen anything about ringtones..
I'm going nuts over it!
Is the only was to have a custom ringtone, without buying a song off itunes, is select a 30sec snidbit, then change the file name, bla bla, then it should appear under ringtones on your phone.. ?

I have looked through much of this thread, and I haven't really seen anything about ringtones..
I'm going nuts over it!
Is the only was to have a custom ringtone, without buying a song off itunes, is select a 30sec snidbit, then change the file name, bla bla, then it should appear under ringtones on your phone.. ?

I use this site: http://audiko.net/ it lets you upload/cut/download the song you want mp3 and m4r (iphone ringtones), and there's a big database of pre-cut ringtones too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtesttestx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->