Blackberry vs. Iphone- Which is more beneficial working in the fashion industry?

^Frankly, I do not work and even for civilian stuff Blackberries are better. Just so much easier to use.

CSS song? The song on the itouch commercial that I've seen is Skye Sweetnam....

Skye Sweetnam is still around? :D

My boyfriend has an iPhone and loves it. It is incredibly handy and I think it'd work as a great business phone. It has so many useful features. (and the keyboard isn't hard to use once you get used to it), and the auto-correct is really spot-on.

blackberry. iphone is cool and nice to use, but in business contexts its no better than a regular phone.

does anyone know about sprint/having an international plan for both phone use/internet?

over the phone, i can only get outsourced help that never seem to understand what i need out of my plan, and the same goes for the 16 year olds that work at the mall.

i never needed these features before, but now i'm working as a freelance writer and stylist, so i am CONSTANTLY receiving emails/need to be available the majority of the time. my current phone doesn't support any of this on a vast level, so i'm looking for what i should buy next.

^Sprint offers The Worldwide Edition of the Blackberry (8800) which has that international capability, but I remember there being some issue about changing the sim card when overseas.

be warned: if you get one, it will inevitably become an addiction, therefore your crackberry :rofl:

Crackberry or bust! I simply cannot function without mine (especially Blackberry Messaging :lol:).

ROFL a magazine had an end of the year Corporate Pimp of the Year and it was Steve Jobs
for charging $600.00 for a iphone then two moths later dropping the price to $399.00 and getting "gullible consumers" to pay $200.00 to get out of their contract to sign with AT&T

I have both the curve and the iphone .. i love the iphone but the curve is much more functional .. the iphone only logs on to wireless internet but the curve gives you access no matter where you are (wap) ..

that is absolutely untrue. i have an iphone and can use the net ANYWHERE. you just have to log onto edge, instead of wireless and youre good to go.

does anyone know about sprint/having an international plan for both phone use/internet?

over the phone, i can only get outsourced help that never seem to understand what i need out of my plan, and the same goes for the 16 year olds that work at the mall.

i never needed these features before, but now i'm working as a freelance writer and stylist, so i am CONSTANTLY receiving emails/need to be available the majority of the time. my current phone doesn't support any of this on a vast level, so i'm looking for what i should buy next.
after being transferred 4 times, i finally spoke to an international rep at sprint that knew what he was talking about...

they do have an international plan for 69.99 for the blackberry 8830, but you have to add the service and have your phone provisioned (two separate actions) before leaving. this will allow unlimited data access internationally. you also have the option of switching out your SIM card. i'll be in italy next month, so i plan on buying a SIM when i get there--you can just switch it out and you'll have your int'l number for making calls and it will be a LOT cheaper than sprint's ridiculous rates. but you'll have to put your sprint SIM back in to send/receive emails.

hope this helps! :flower:

I had a Blackberry and got rid of it. Aside from the cost of the actual phone, the iPhone package comes out to be so much cheaper than the Blackberry plan. Plus, it has come in handy on shoots and is easy to use now that I've gotten used to it.

just wondering, but does anyone know if you can sync a blackberry to a mac? i know theres a program out for it, but its not like an "official" thing and doesnt sound like it works very well.

if you need a lot of international access, than do not go on sprint since i'm pretty sure they aren't a gsm network. So yes, you can buy a special blackberry from them (the 8830 which from my experience a lot of people had difficulty with the sim cards) but it's completely pointless because you could get a better blackberry from another network provider and still switch sims (as gsm networks are sim card based).

If when you are Italy and buy a sim card (let's say from vodafone) people will NOT be able to dial your number and get through to you because your phone will have a different phone number. Sprint is a really crappy network anyway....

I have a curve, and love it. It works internationally, the i-phone doesn't.

As long as AT&T has agreements with networks in other countries (which I'm pretty sure they do...I think in the uk they are with o2 but it may be vodafone) then your iphone should work internationally. You just won't be able to use the special features like the voice mail thing which run off the AT&T network...

^^ I just signed up with AT&T the other day, and they told me that the I-phone did not work internationally. That is a huge reason I went with the curve, because I travel a lot.

hmm that seems strange to me because in it's phone capacity (and it's ability to receive voicemails, email, etc.) it should work. And in fact, iphones are available in the UK, so if AT&T had an agreement with o2 it would be able to use the same network as the uk iphones and therefore function exactly the same.

edit: proof that I am smart and whoever you were talking to were morons :lol:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/questionsandanswers.html

if you scroll down it says 'can i use my iphone internationally' and it says it's quad band GSM and therefore will work around the world....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->