Blackberry vs. Iphone- Which is more beneficial working in the fashion industry?

jiji7

Reaction score
I am on the verge of buyng a blackberry. I am working towards becoming a fashion editor and will soon be doing internships for different fashion magazines within the next year.

So far I have heard that Blackberry still has a hold in the fashion industry due to:

1) email capabilities
2) The ability to use internationally as opposed to the iphone which is locked
into AT&T International

Please share advice and/or experience.

I want the best tool for the job and industry.

Thanks!

of course iphone had the wow factor when it came out, but in terms of usefulness in the business industry, blackberry all the way.my brother has one, and after playing with it for about an hour, i got bored of it, and wasn't very impressed.
how about a blackberry curve? i'm gonna be getting one for christmas :D
i had the blackberry 8700, and liked it, but i love the fact that the new blackberry curve has a camera.

I have both the curve and the iphone .. i love the iphone but the curve is much more functional .. the iphone only logs on to wireless internet but the curve gives you access no matter where you are (wap) .. the iphone is fun to play around and has a more colorful interface but its basically it..its not really business oriented..Also, the iphone runs out of battery much faster than the curve :S

best of luck!

BlackBerry hands down. The iPhone does have wow factor but the BlackBerry has a reputation of being solid, stable, secure and easy to use. Adding it's mass adoption by the Corporate, Military and Government solidifies this. A great forum with tones of info: BlackBerry Forums

the iphone isn't locked out of international use fyi....as long as you are in a country which is gsm capable, you will be able to use it if you have a contract and provider in your home country who has an agreement with international networks. Anyway, if you want to use your blackberry internationally, make sure you are with a gsm provider

Blackberry all the way! Cingular is a good carrier for Blackberry. I used their international plan 3 times and never had any problems.

This is good, my bro has the 8800 and that's what I'm thinking of getting. The Curve is a little too small for me.

I made my dad buy the iPhone for me, and I regret, I prefer using my V3 then using the iPhone

Frankly, for any job a blackberry is better. The iPhone is a toy, it is harder to type on and not all e-mails can be sent directly to the phone. All hype.

Blackberry definitely! I've had both and the Blackberry is more business-oriented and the iPhone is more entertainment-oriented.

blackberry all the way ^_^

be warned: if you get one, it will inevitably become an addiction, therefore your crackberry :rofl:

don't get an iPhone! My friends that have them use them only because they spent so much $$$ on them. Some of my friends are even trying to sell theirs. So if that says anything about iPhones, I'd go for the Blackberry.

I have a curve and b4 that I had I had the 8700. I really love it but I i am breaking down to the temptation of a iphone because my boyfriend has one and I love that you can surf the web with it instead of using wap because it really sucks. Its just the aesthetic quality of the iphone I love I guess.

I suppose it depends on what part of the industry you work in.

Most major companies have dedicated Blackberry servers and that helps if you, for example, work at Conde Nast and have your schedule on your Blackberry while you're on the road. If your assistant makes a change to your schedule at the office you'll immediately have it on your phone.

One thing I don't like about the iPhone is that you can take pictures, but you can't send them. I work as a stylist and often I find something and text a picture to someone. That's been really helpful. (I also don't like the fact that I can't download ringtones on the iPhone but that has nothing really to do with work.) But the newer Blackberrys don't have cameras anymore so lately I've been using a Treo. ^_^

I think that Blackberry would be suitable because it's been the most common business phone, plus iPhone's keyboard is too complicated (too hard to type fast, especially when you're in a hurry).

Iphone

I would say get the Iphone. I'm a booker for an agency and the iphone has saved me more than once. I have all my contacts synced to my mac. I have all the polaroids and books of my girls on my phone. A client needs something now? I select it on my iphone and send. It's a snap. I've used the blackberry and my fingers just mash around on the buttons. You need a phone that really works? Get an iphone. Besides, the wow factor is what fashion is all about- isn't it?

-dennison
www.gmm.cz

I don't have or use either, but I do love that CSS song in the iTouch commercial!

For business ONLY Blackberry. Period.

*as a professional that i am, i am almost always on the go and blackberry is the recommended mobile 2nd to laptops that any business exec or freelance should have at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerinadimitriou
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->